🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

BGN had a fair discussion Hurts vs Russ

-if the asking price is fair, you gotta trade for Russ
-Eagles have the best combination of assets (picks + Dillard + Hurts) to make the move
-if you roll with Hurts one more year (most likely scenario), you MUST trade one of your 2022 picks for a 2023 pick to hedge your bet on Hurts (I agree with this point 10000%)
-Building a strong roster with a weak QB doesn’t yield you success (see broncos). An elite QB with an okay roster has a much higher chance of success
-even in a down year, Russ stats this year would be the 3rd best season in eagles QB history comparatively speaking

I’ve always been a proponent of Hurts. And I think it’s correct to move forward with him and reassess in 2023 with a stronger QB class. BUT, if russ is available you gotta make a move. AND, keeping all these picks for defense doesn’t guarantee success (also doesn’t guarantee that they will pan out given the position and who’s taking them)

Think there needs to be more nuance in the discussion regarding Hurts. I think the two best moves the eagles can make:
1) Roll with Hurts, move one of our picks for a future 2023 pick, reassess the QB situation in 2023
2) Trade for Russ if the asking price is fair (ie 2 firsts, a second, and Dillard)

Anybody know where the Answer 4s are dropping today? i aint waiting on stockx

1642795958285.png

they was suppose to hit sites today but not sure what time or if they ever did drop

Fair points but lets not forget he has a no trade clause. I dont think Russ would waive his no trade clause to come to us. He seems to be in a win now mode and we simply not there esp giving up the picks it would acquire to get him sacrificing our chances to attract him. Makes much more sense for Denver now because they are much closer to a QB away imo.

Too many holes for all the draft capital imo. I like the 1st option much better.

I can see Rodgers or Russ in Denver.

Fair points but lets not forget he has a no trade clause. I dont think Russ would waive his no trade clause to come to us. He seems to be in a win now mode and we simply not there esp giving up the picks it would acquire to get him sacrificing our chances to attract him. Makes much more sense for Denver now because they are much closer to a QB away imo.

Too many holes for all the draft capital imo. I like the 1st option much better.

I can see Rodgers or Russ in Denver.
But you have to consider who has the assets available to acquire Russ or A Rod. Denver has a good roster but the Eagles and Giants have a war chest of capital.

Giants are just ***. But I can see Russ wanting to go to NYC. I also think the roster is better than their performance this year

I was gonna add that I even think ny more attractable then we are. Just because its ny and ciara is involved

Gotta factor in the Division into that convo …he would be in a division with Mahomes and Herbert

Ciara aside i think we are a way more desirable team than the Giants ..he has never played behind a line like we have

Gotta factor in the Division into that convo …he would be in a division with Mahomes and Herbert

Ciara aside i think we are a way more desirable team than the Giants ..he has never played behind a line like we have
I agree and things could change but the last we heard from him in december the giants was on his list. I believe it was denver, new orleans, nyg

This is why I cant get behind trading for a vet. Its clear as day.

Im drafting two defensive guys and if we somehow keep all 3 that #19 is a wr

This is why I cant get behind trading for a vet. Its clear as day.

Im drafting two defensive guys and if we somehow keep all 3 that #19 is a wr

I'm not for or against signing a veteran QB but Rodgers is a free agent. I'm okay rocking with Hurts but if Rodgers wants to sign here for a 2 year deal, no way I'm telling him no lol

0 chance rodgers would play here lol. Im sitting here wondering why he wasnt getting booed at lambeau because I know he would get booed here if he continued to lay an egg in the playoffs at home when his team is favored.

Also fk rodgers. He a clown. (Beyond football reasons)

Getem skip

Whenever I see stuff like this, I wonder why we don’t use mailata more

I'm confident in Sirianni's second season he'll be a beast play caller. When you're promoted from the staff to HC, you have a rapport with the roster as well as a clear understanding of who's good at what. He came from a different team and no relationship with our roster and you could tell as the season went on he got all of that stuff figured out. We def need to hit big in the draft and I know Nick will make use of the new weapons

My confidence in sirianni is in the stuff he said and also little stuff he probably didn’t want out there

but dude got clowned for the competitive stuff.. and look at the lowlights of reagor, dude got effort issues.. you gotta want that shh

in the vids with him with the colts the things that stuck out was how him talking to the guys you could see he enjoys the game and aint hard to see how guys react to that whether they buy in.. Having devonta is also huge because dude already is a leader, love this clip

but also nick reacting to a certain DEs constant penalties

Back
Top Bottom