🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

That GIF
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I can't breathe.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Had a chance to see the final track list this weekend. Looks good from top to bottom, I would put it as a spoiler but considering the bloggers that are on here I'll refrain. I'm not getting in trouble.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I won't be shocked if dude puts it out himself in the coming days.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Had a chance to see the final track list this weekend. Looks good from top to bottom, I would put it as a spoiler but considering the bloggers that are on here I'll refrain. I'm not getting in trouble.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
you must be new.

Originally Posted by awwsome

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
you must be new.

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

tumblr_lf2qmoOLas1qef2y7.jpg

Moving on...

I saw an interesting statement on Twitter earlier today, has everything that's dropped so far already superior to Thank Me Later?

Na I wouldn't say that
TML had - Light Up (One Of The Illest Beats That Year), Show Me A Good Time (why wasn't this a single) The Resistance, Fancy and Unforgettable
The only hot joints that have dropped of Take Care IMO are Free Spirit, Marvin's Room and Dreams Money Can Buy which isn't even on the album.
Headlines was just ok, I really hate the beat but Drake still managed to make a song out of it.
Make Me Proud is radio fluff and The Real Her kinda sounds like a So Far Gone reject.
I still think Take Care will blow Thank Me Later out the water though, you can tell he's reached a comfort zone as an artist and it will show in this body of work.

Moving on...

I saw an interesting statement on Twitter earlier today, has everything that's dropped so far already superior to Thank Me Later?

Ignore those dudes TDot. Give us something to work with
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by awwsome

Na I wouldn't say that
TML had - Light Up (One Of The Illest Beats That Year), Show Me A Good Time (why wasn't this a single) The Resistance, Fancy and Unforgettable
The only hot joints that have dropped of Take Care IMO are Free Spirit, Marvin's Room and Dreams Money Can Buy which isn't even on the album.
Headlines was just ok, I really hate the beat but Drake still managed to make a song out of it.
Make Me Proud is radio fluff and The Real Her kinda sounds like a So Far Gone reject.
I still think Take Care will blow Thank Me Later out the water though, you can tell he's reached a comfort zone as an artist and it will show in this body of work.

to me Show Me A Good Time and Fancy are
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

only track i haven't liked that's leaked is Make Me Proud, and i really haven't given much time to listen to it, so i expect it to grow on me...i assume that's the Fancy of this album...

light up and the resistance > most of the tracks that dropped thus far...

throw in up all night as an added bonus... i still think the new album has the potential to be better tho

Moving on...

Superior?  Na I wouldn't say that.  I would say it's pretty much been on par thus far.  The question is besides Headlines and Make Me Proud will we see any of the other records on this album such as Free Spirit or Club Paradise
nerd.gif

Moving on...

I'd say that, I didn't like TML that much, maybe 2 good track, IMO so far gone was better. But he has improved and you can tell by his new stuff.

Moving on...

I am new. What's good? You and Drake go to Forest Hill together or something? Being serious btw cause I have no clue.

TML was so overrated that it turned underrated. Not sure how that makes sense but there was a lot of hype surrounding him and people were expecting son to change the rap game off his first album. That doesn't happen. So people were disappointed but there are a ton of solid tracks on there. Light Up, Show Me A Good Time (someone mentioned this should've been a single, 100000% agree), Unforgettable, Up All Night, Fireworks, Miss Me (minus Wayne). I must admit though, Club Paradise, Free Spirit, and Headlines is already a better single than Over (in my opinion). Then again, I'm only assuming Club Paradise and Free Spirit are on it because I remember him mentioning that he had a song on the album with Rozay and Club Paradise is the name of his tour...

Originally Posted by STOPIT5

Moving on...

I'd say that, I didn't like TML that much, maybe 2 good track, IMO so far gone was better. But he has improved and you can tell by his new stuff.
TML and SFG were like two different Drakes. There were some songs where TML had that SFG sound to it but SFG as a concept album hit so hard, was definitely really dope. Either way, I think Take Care will be better than Thank Me Later but we'll see in a few weeks.

TML is a still a very good album, Drake had huge expectations when it dropped and maybe he didn't meet it but he still gave a damn good try. With Take Care he finnally has all the time he needs to craft a truly amazing album, TML is amazing but it's not the classic people thought it was going to be.

Originally Posted by STOPIT5

Moving on...

TML and SFG were like two different Drakes. There were some songs where TML had that SFG sound to it but SFG as a concept album hit so hard, was definitely really dope. Either way, I think Take Care will be better than Thank Me Later but we'll see in a few weeks.
I agree, TML had good tracks, but more on the decent side for me than timeless song I can keep hearing, felt rushed and not to potential.
I think he knows this too.

Back
Top Bottom