🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Yall slurpin dtake to hard if you wana say drake doesnt have any houston influence sound on his records. Why the hell would he even have a houston appreciation week?

This dudes first mixtape had a song where the beat and sound was a DIRECT bite off of dj screws most famous track june 27

And has been riding Houston for te longest.

I dont listen to the dudes music enogh to know what song was what off album or to even list 10 songs.

Last edited:
if you dont have facts to back up your claim then why jump out and say he took houston sound?

get that hate out your system

No idea's original, there's nothing new under the sun
It's never what you do, but how it's done. (NAS)

https://m.soundcloud.com/tsfsauce/sauce-walka-wack-2-wack

Drake really is the Jay-Z of this generation. Polarizing figure. Does a lot of questionable **** but still flourishes because he's reached that level of fame where he's going to win no matter what.

I mean you got dude really in trying to get people to "name 10 Houston influenced songs" in order to prove Drakes been influenced by that sound lol. It's like when Hov stole Young Chris flow and dudes were like "no way...why would jay z need to do that". Lol.

Honestly, in the digital era, regional specific cultures only last for so long before they become adopted all over. That's just the nature we live in. Whether that's "ok" or not, I can't call it.

But to sit up here and pretend that the guy isn't Shang Tsunging swag out here is being in denial. It is what it is. He isn't the only one guilty of it.

Last edited:
how can you say he took a particular sound but cant name 10 songs, plenty of people can name 10 jay songs with him using young chris flow

Lol why are you so fixated on a number to prove your point. That's a straw man argument if I've ever seen one.

Drakes music has clearly been influenced by that sound. That's not really up for a debate.

Houstatlantavegas

Own It

Connect

305 to my city

Nov 18th

The Calm

Lust For Life

Over My Dead Body

Marvin's Room

Under Ground Kings

Cameras / Good Ones Go

The Real Her

HYFR

The Ride

Fireworks

Shut It Down

Paris Morton Music

Off the top of my head. If you're attributing that Slow underwater, minimalistic production to Houston then yeah I guess Drake "Stole" the sound but I don't look at it that way. He's making music. You can make that claim with a lot of people about a lot of things. It isn't Stealing. Being influenced maybe. But just because it sounds like that doesn't mean he "Stole" it.

Lol why are you so fixated on a number to prove your point. That's a straw man argument if I've ever seen one.

Drakes music has clearly been influenced by that sound. That's not really up for a debate.
Right. It has. But that doesn't imply that he's "Stealing" the sound. That's silly.

For godsake the man has given the city an entire weekend dedicated to his love of the culture and "their sound." (Which is silly. You don't "own" a sound. It's music)

besides kia shine claiming he wrote best i ever had none of drakes biggest songs have been houston influenced, so what sound did he run with

houston hasnt been **** since mike jones was giving out his nextel number

I don't think this happened though.

He sampled a Wayne song that Kia produced, and didn't credit Kia.

Last edited:
That's the point I'm getting at.

To say Drake is "stealing" houston's sound is silly and to find actual credence to that claim is even sillier. It's an ambiguous claim to try and justify in the first place.

What I am assuming is that those who are saying Drake stole their sound is because of his reliance on the ambient, slow, moody production. Marvin's Room absolutely has that. So does The Ride to a lesser degree.

Last edited:
Kia Shine isnt from Houston anyway, so Migo loses on that point lol

He's from Memphis

Last edited:
why you keep calling me migo, you're trying too hard

just because i called you out on your bs "stealing houston sound" claim

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom