🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Lil Romeo (ICDC) always jumping to Drake's defense. Drake must flash the Owl signal in the sky whenever someone starts telling the truth about him. And Romeo is right there to throw the OVO spin on it.

They're the same. All facts.
WHY ARE YOU IN HERE THEN 
laugh.gif

Never understood how someone can be so enthralled and invested with an artist they aren't into. I don't get it.

That's the point I'm getting at.

To say Drake is "stealing" houston's sound is silly and to find actual credence to that claim is even sillier. It's an ambiguous claim to try and justify in the first place.

What I am assuming is that those who are saying Drake stole their sound is because of his reliance on the ambient, slow, moody production. Marvin's Room absolutely has that. So does The Ride to a lesser degree.

The influence is deeper than just the tone of the music. The culture, the slang, etc. it's obvious the city as a whole has played a big role in is artistic expression.

It has nothing to do with "owning a sound". When you look at the culture...which the sound is a part of...the entire conversation shifts a bit. Again, it all depends on how you view the concepts of appropriation vs assimilation. there is no right or wrong here...which is why I said I can't call it earlier.

The person who believes he's "borrowing" isn't right or wrong...and neither is the person who calls it "stealing". Both opinions are essentially acknowledging the one and only constant...which is that there is indeed a link there.

WHY ARE YOU IN HERE THEN :lol:

Never understood how someone can be so enthralled and invested with an artist they aren't into. I don't get it.

Honestly, I was seeing if the mixtape dropped. I was goin to listen to it so that I can informatively dismiss it as the worse thing I've ever heard of any genre of music.

The whole Toronto "sound" is Houston influenced. The dark ambient feel the Weeknd to PND to Drake used is.... Screwed up R&B.

Don't deny Houston's grip on hip-hop everybody & they momma drinking lean now.

This gon be good, I really wanna know how the weeknds & pnds sound is Houston like. Pleas provide examples, not saying it's false, I just never noticed it

The whole Toronto "sound" is Houston influenced. The dark ambient feel the Weeknd to PND to Drake used is.... Screwed up R&B.

Don't deny Houston's grip on hip-hop everybody & they momma drinking lean now.

I can see this.

But again, influencing and stealing isnt the same

Honestly, I was seeing if the mixtape dropped. I was goin to listen to it so that I can informatively dismiss it as the worse thing I've ever heard of any genre of music.

Epitome of a hater.

Havent even heard the music and you're already ******** on him.

If you dont like drake then so be it but why are you in here with it :lol: you're not even having a discussion you're just hating.

Back
Top Bottom