🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Only because Wayne was releasing/leaking so much music and it was above average to good.​

(Sidenote: am I the only one who feels that Wayne set the precedent for the Future/Rich Homie Quan/Kevin Gates type of artists where they are rapping "hard" **** as far as subject matter but in a melodic, codeine'd out autotune?)​

But Drake . . . it was a good thing to be a Drake fan in 2011. I remember when Free Spirit x Round Of Applause x Club Paradise dropped in one night. 

Drake on Kendrick Control verse

"It just sounded like an ambitious thought to me. That's all it was. I know good and well that Kendrick's not murdering me, at all, in any platform. So when that day presents itself, I guess we can revisit the topic."

Drake on Kendrick Control verse

"It just sounded like an ambitious thought to me. That's all it was. I know good and well that Kendrick's not murdering me, at all, in any platform. So when that day presents itself, I guess we can revisit the topic."
:lol:
:smokin
i aint eem mad
and its crazy i remember listening to
comeback season and all that and NT was on drake heavy
idk why now everybody hates on dude
he really makes legit music
there are songs that im not that fond of but why people act like drake wack
when we i can honestly say was drake fans before alot of other people
i FIRST heard him from NT waaaaay back when
had my girl bumping his **** before anybody else i knew even heard of him

That's exactly what Drake should have said.

As big a Kendrick fan as I am, he'll never touch Drizzy's versatility/marketability.

Last edited:

As big a Kendrick fan as I am, he'll never touch Drizzy's versatility/marketability.

You're right its what he should have said, but is it 100? And despite the versatility/marketability/talent...I'm not sure if Drake will ever be considered the universal king.

You're right its what he should have said, but is it 100? And despite the versatility/marketability/talent...I'm not sure if Drake will ever be considered the universal king.

There's never really a universal king but I do think Drake will be on top (jay) and then Kendrick will be the other great (nas)....... Flame suit on lol

There's never really a universal king but I do think Drake will be on top (jay) and then Kendrick will be the other great (nas)....... Flame suit on lol
Nas... Na son I don't know about that. Not even this generation Nas. That just me tho

Nas... Na son I don't know about that. Not even this generation Nas. That just me tho

I'm not talking content though .... Let me explain , when u ask 10 people who the king of hip hop is/ 7 will say Jay 2 will say Nas and 1 will say em. I think Drake is going to be the one considered by most,Kendrick and Cole by a couple. I mean unless they have a serious fall off I see Drake as the leader of this era and K./Cole as the assistant captains (and that's not a diss/bad thing)

Not better than Wayne's 2008 year
It was a beastly year for Wayne, but his shooting percentage wasn't NEARLY as high. Dedication 3 alone dropped his accuracy a few solid points.

Drake practically couldn't have missed if he tried. I'm talking Dreams Money Can Buy, Headlines, Trust Issues, Free Spirit, I'm on One, Club Paradise, The Zone, Made Men, She Will, and then to drop Take Care, where the only song even KIND of weak was Make Me Proud? Aubrey definitely had the scoring title, with his only competition being The Weeknd.
that's a lot of subjective opinion right there.

I'm not talking content though .... Let me explain , when u ask 10 people who the king of hip hop is/ 7 will say Jay 2 will say Nas and 1 will say em. I think Drake is going to be the one considered by most,Kendrick and Cole by a couple. I mean unless they have a serious fall off I see Drake as the leader of this era and K./Cole as the assistant captains (and that's not a diss/bad thing)
Thats the same thing I have been thinking for a while. Gave Cole the honor of nas but he keep fing up on his album. Then give us good **** on his mixtape. Maybe I feel him too much on his tracks and understand what he went thru. K/Cole will be concerned like that for this generation and wale will still put out good **** while living in the back. Except for drake wale is the most successful person out the era. Think his contact was more than drake to.

Kendrick was talking lyrically...Kendrick can/will kill Drake lyrically.

with your logic Drake is better than Biggie and Jay and Nas...none of them have as much versatility as him seeing as he does full on BALLADS.

so what are we talking about here?

Kendrick was talking lyrically...Kendrick can/will kill Drake lyrically.

with your logic Drake is better than Biggie and Jay and Nas...none of them have as much versatility as him seeing as he does full on BALLADS.

so what are we talking about here?
I think drake raps when he wants kind of like jayz

This guy says Kendrick isn't murdering him on ANY platform.... Drake has him on marketability, hit records, sales, etc... But Drake is out of this country, canada crazy to even think for a second his lyrics can even stand beside Kendrick's...

This guy says Kendrick isn't murdering him on ANY platform.... Drake has him on marketability, hit records, sales, etc... But Drake is out of this country, canada crazy to even think for a second his lyrics can even stand beside Kendrick's...
I think drake can

i just feel like that vote will be closer or more evenly split when it comes to the current group of future rappers. each has garnered a spot because they all carter to a particular audience no one has that big jay pac universal appeal.

and to be honest I don't think there's any question that jay is the universal king and has been for some time and that's coming from one of his biggest critics.

the response definitely sounds like someone who knows one platform and arguably the most important one is questionable/up for debate. if it wasn't why not show and prove? no one mentioned in that verse is too big to respond...no one has the crown yet

Last edited:
Take Care had a few weak songs. Marvins Room, Take Care, Make Me Proud, HYFR, Practice.

Take those off and put DMCB, Free Spirit, Club Paradise, Trust Issues on and that album woulda been great.
I never understood why he didn't just make it a double album and put DMCB, Free Spirit, Club Paradise, and Trust Issues on there . . . maybe sample clearances . . . but they coulda took the Bob Marley interview off Club Paradise on the album version and Trust Issues . . . well that song sampled something he made, so . . . and DMCB and Free Spirit I can see how that may have been hard to clear through Jai Paul (or was it JMSN?) and Sade . . . either way he shoulda did everything he could to put him on . . . 

And I agree with every song you posted that were kinda weak except for HYFR and Practice . . . he should double disc-ed it with the soft songs on one side and the anthems on the other . . . Anthem Disc "Take" . . . Soft Disc "Care" 
laugh.gif

But nah forreal . . . album would have been so much better with those songs

And Drake will do the right thing and address the kendrick situation by generally stepping up the bars on his album 
pimp.gif
 i think drake has it in him . . . drake has those lines that just sting when he has a target (stay schemin, 5 am) . . . kendricks verse got people because of the initial shock value and delivery but he didn't really say anything venomous . . . i think drake can get him . . . will be entertaining either way

This and Yeezus were two albums that i really anticipated . . . and my hopes for Yeezus were crushed as soon as listening party reviews started coming out 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom