🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I'm Trippin on how you can take Yeezus over anything, when the first song comes on I'm just appalled kanye would put such garbage on his CD it's crazy

I've played this 3x... and I simply think it's probably his best body of work outside of So Far Gone. It has that vibe, the production, the lyrics... it's pieced together almost perfectly.

Repeat
Tuscan Leather
Furthest Thinng
From Time
Hold On, We're Going Home
Connect
Too Much
Pound Cake / Paris Mortin Music 2
Come Thru
Worst Behavior

Skip
Started From The Bottom
All Me

Whatever
Wu Tang Forever
Own It
The Language

Started From The Bottom and All Me just don't fit on this record. I understand you need that pop joint, that club banger, but if it don't fit the album, if it throws off the curve, than why waist the time? Im not a record mogul, so idk. They can easily get skipped, it ***** with my vibe. Plus, if I want to hear a 'rap' record, Drake is kinda not the artist I'm checking for. I cant wait to put this on my work PC tomorrow, have people in the office thinking Ive lost my mind :lol:

Last edited:
After getting a listen, I feel like the best songs on Take Care are better than the best songs on NWTS. Second half of "Furthest Thing" should've been a full song itself. The Paris Morton Music 2 is pretty nice, as is Too Much (probably my fave). I may end up going back to listen to half of Take Care cause of this album honestly. Nothing on here is outright bad at all (I don't count that Hold On We're Going Home song), but I don't see myself coming back to many tracks. My sister will probably love this album though. And no, Jay doesn't have the best verse on the album (it's pretty :rolleyes actually), but the swipe at B. Sig :rofl:

Last edited:
Album is forgettable for the most. The only tracks I enjoyed were:
Tuscan Leather (best song on the album)
SFTB
From Time
Pound Cake (production is amazing, Jay-Z has nothing left to say)
Hov bodied both his verses. Act as if you had $500 milli net worth, go back listen to his verse, and tell me you don't feel some type of way...

baby renegaded the boy with them haikus.

:lol: que?
stunna had the best verse outside of jay and drake :smokin :smokin :smokin

tumblr_m1s0nsSI9V1qh6saso1_500.gif

SFTB
From Time
Hov bodied both his verses. Act as if you had $500 milli net worth, go back listen to his verse, and tell me you don't feel some type of way...
that first verse was not bodied.

people feel the need to sit on one extreme or the other.  why can't it just be "hov did aight, and it was good enough for the song"?  why did it have to be bodied?

SFTB

From Time

that first verse was not bodied.

people feel the need to sit on one extreme or the other.  why can't it just be "hov did aight, and it was good enough for the song"?  why did it have to be bodied?

yeah that first verse was pretty bad

Too much is my favorite track at the moment. Mostly cuz i'm a SBTRKT fan. Sad that none of the SBTRKT beats made the album.

Just gave it a second listen. The first half is just so bland to me. A few songs get my attention,

the language is probably my favorite, he definitely re-used the versace flow. I could do without the bed squeaks
too much is solid,
come through is :pimp: sounds like he sampled that kilo ali flow at the beginning
all me is legit. I really wish he would've done at least one other verse.

Lyrics are stellar tho, he constantly improves in that regard.

Take care and thank me later definitely outshine nwts, imo.

Which got me to thinking, which of the two do I like the best. Tml starts off STRONG, but fizzles out mid way through. TC remains solid the entire way. I don't even think I can rank them, honestly.

Last edited:
This is the rating system I use for songs when evaluating an album, I'll come back once I digest the album more. I'm curious as to what others would score this, as well as his other works.

10. Amazing/classic
9. Love it
8.Very good
7.Good
6.Pretty good
5.Ok
4.Average
3.Eh
2.Don't like it
1.Really don't like it
0.Hate it

just realized we still don't have "trophies" (produced by hit-boy" and Heart of the Moment .......... hoefully more fire coming soon

Back
Top Bottom