🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

You think he wants to literally kill each one of them too?

You're being facetious g. He obviously can't kill everyone. But in theory, he could take people's fanbases and he could make them irrelevant.

No I'm not "g" you said that you took what he said literal so go all the way and not half way to make your point. Technically he could kill all of them so what are you really saying?

For real man how old are you? :lol:

Hip Hop is a sport, it's always been. Damn near every rapper that has picked up a mic knows this. Yes music is subjective, we all know that but in Hip Hop battling and being competitive has always been apart of the culture. Whether you think it's music or not, it doesn't matter.

Hit Em Up was personal
Ether was personal

Kendrick's verse was nothing but telling _'s "I'm the best and ya'll need to step up". If anybody thinks that's personal you're flat out soft.

No, if Kendrick said "I'm the best, y'all need to step up" then that would be what he meant. He didn't say that. You're inferring b.

You keep saying Hip-Hop is a sport, always has been. That doesn't mean it's true. I understand that words in certain contexts have different meanings, but even so, in Hip-Hop right now, how can this be a sport? In sport you're trying to be better than someone. How can you be better than someone in Hip-Hop :lol: ?

My dude you just don't get it. This Hip Hop **** ain't for you. :lol:

It's obvious what Kendrick meant. The only people that took it the wrong way is Drake and his crazy *** fans.

No I'm not "g" you said that you took what he said literal so go all the way and not half way to make your point. Technically he could kill all of them so what are you really saying?

If you wanna play it that way then fine. I'm not ignorant, therefore I understood the context by which he was saying.

I didn't think he seriously meant he was going to kill those guys :lol:

However, i'm sure kendrick was trying to say that he's better than those guys, so I thought he literally meant he was trying to take those guys fanbases and make them obsolete. Period.

My dude you just don't get it. This Hip Hop **** ain't for you. :lol:

It's obvious what Kendrick meant. The only people that took it the wrong way is Drake and his crazy *** fans.

How do I not get it? You're failing to explain yourself. Kendrick said those things as a way of saying He's trying to be better than everyone and be the best in the game. I get it. It's not hard to comprehend.

What I'm getting at is how can anyone even determine what makes someone better than someone else in Hip-Hop? Y'all keep saying hip-hop is this sport, and competition, but I'm not seeing it. Hip-Hop was built upon saying that someone is better than the other, I get it. But how do you even determine that?

just because we can't technically prove one artist is superior to another doesn't mean there is no competitive nature in hip hop

I'ma say this, then i'm out.

I'm not gonna lie. The fact that you guys are saying there can be competition without a definitive winner and looser is mind-blowing. Quite simply, I hadn't heard of that concept. I legitimately believe that most say Hip-Hop is competition because it's conventional wisdom, not acknowledging the fact that because there isn't winners and losers, it shouldn't be labeled as competition.

I don't understand how someone can be better than someone else in Hip-Hop. It's impossible. But yet, it's still competitive.You can't prove it. I understand that in this context, there's a "competitive nature," but what does that even mean?

That being said, I understood what Dot meant when he said the things he said. He was saying that he was trying to be the best. (How do you do that in Hip-Hop? That's why it isn't a competition, but whatever) Because he was saying he was trying to be the best, I took part of what he said about those artist careers literal. There.

Damn, Drake Loves 2pac's "Pain" record and flipped it/sampled it for NWTS, but after doing his research and seeing how many artist had sampled the record, he put it to the wayside.

Would have been pretty interesting if he kept it.
Not sure how I feel about this yet.

All I'm gonna say is, I'm glad Kendrick did the verse and I'm glad Drake took it the way he did.  I want to hear more TML Drake and less Take Care Drake...

Last edited:
I didn't say there is no winner, I said I can't prove to you in any technical way who is better.

Competitive nature is striving to be the best. I can't PROVE to you that one rapper is better than another. There is no metric for me to measure it on, I can't PROVE it in any scientific way. The people decide though, the streets, the backpackers, etc everyone gets a voice somewhere. You don't have to have a CLEAR SCOREBOARD winner in order to have that competition.

I mean what metric can we use? sales? youtube views? chart positions? nothing works here

Here's the thing. There is a winner/loser, it's not clear on a scoreboard like in sports, but the people decide. The people just somehow come to the conclusion through a combination of aspects and pick a leader or winner for the time being. Every king has his era, I can't prove 50 was the best rapper during his run, but everyone knew he was running rap. He was winning at the time, I don't have a way to prove he was the best rapper, but he was winning the competition.

Thus, we DO have competition in hip hop. Baaaack in the day the winner was the rapper that got the loudest reply from the audience, people still have their way of picking who's "winning".

I'ma say this, then i'm out.

I'm not gonna lie. The fact that you guys are saying there can be competition without a definitive winner and looser is mind-blowing. Quite simply, I hadn't heard of that concept. I legitimately believe that most say Hip-Hop is competition because it's conventional wisdom, not acknowledging the fact that because there isn't winners and losers, it shouldn't be labeled as competition.

I don't understand how someone can be better than someone else in Hip-Hop. It's impossible. But yet, it's still competitive.You can't prove it. I understand that in this context, there's a "competitive nature," but what does that even mean?

That being said, I understood what Dot meant when he said the things he said. He was saying that he was trying to be the best. (How do you do that in Hip-Hop? That's why it isn't a competition, but whatever) Because he was saying he was trying to be the best, I took part of what he said about those artist careers literal. There.

You're right to a certain degree. Everybody has different opinions as far as who's better than who. You can't pick up a calculator and find out which rapper is the best. I'm not even tryna be funny but if you really don't understand the competitive nature in Hip Hop you might wanna look back through the history of this music.

All I'm gonna say is, I'm glad Kendrick did the verse and I'm glad Drake took it the way he did.  I want to hear more TML Drake and less Take Care Drake...

This.

Last edited:
You know what? I'm done and I can't believe I allowed myself to be trolled that long :lol: Back to the music tho, even tho I didn't like the album as a whole (I feel this way about all 3 albums) the songs that I do like I think that they are really dope

1. Furthest thing - Only like the 2nd half, reminds me of older Kanye
2.Worst Behavior - Yall hate it but I LOVE it, would've been nice to hear Cole on it tho. Mutha****s neva loved me either :lol: beat reminds me of some newer Kanye also but I wasn't a big fan of the Ma$e rip
3. From Time - I don't know why but this song reminds me of "Sooner Than Later" from SFG but it's smooth as hell and Jhene Aiko's voice is so sexy, nice to just hear Drake rap on some non-ignorant ish
4. Connect - Smooth, hearing him sing "talk about p**** power" is cringe worthy to me tho
5. The Language - This has the "bump in the whip" vibe to it, flow got better as the song went on also. Version without Birdman? :nerd:
6. Too Much - Best song on the album
7. Pound Cake - I wanna hear more songs like this from Drake on one album but I know it won't happen :smh: I hate PMM 2. Jay flow was on point but those "cake" lines :x in a bad way, :lol: @ the Beanie shot. "I told em less is more, ***** it's plenty of us" :pimp:
8. Come Thru - Smooth until the beat switches :smh:

Drake still hasn't blown me away on an album but I'm not a fan like that so it doesn't really matter and he's trying to be the next marvin gaye :rolleyes so it's whatever

4. Connect - Smooth, hearing him sing "talk about p**** power" is cringe worthy to me tho
5. The Language - This has the "bump in the whip" vibe to it, flow got better as the song went on also. Version without Birdman? :nerd:

This was even cringe-worthy to me on every play :smh:

The second one is just flat out blasphemous. The mp3 would corrupt itself for lacking the words of wisdom Birdman laid down at the end. Stunt ___! :smokin

On another one, two pages of deep debate and everyone left with the same outlook on it that they came with. This is why I just don't bother.

This was even cringe-worthy to me on every play :smh:

The second one is just flat out blasphemous. The mp3 would corrupt itself for lacking the words of wisdom Birdman laid down at the end. Stunt ___! :smokin

On another one, two pages of deep debate and everyone left with the same outlook on it that they came with. This is why I just don't bother.

I can't deal with birdman bro :lol: it even irritates me to hear his voice at the end of "We'll be fine"

Man, the thing with Kdot's verse was, I get it he didn't literally mean anything by it, except that he just wanted to be the best rapper in the game. The thing is,  He'll never be able to prove that. At best he'll get some people to think it, but that's it. Which is why the only real competition in hip hop is ultimately trying to be the best you can be. Hip Hop isn't a real sport. If I were to ask everyone who's the best rapper ever, I'm willing to bet someone would say EM, someone would say Pac, someone would say Big, Someone would say J****, All with valid reasoning so who's wrong ? How do you decide ? Album sales ? views ? The streets ? Even the streets will give you a bunch of different answers. Hip Hop would be the only sport, only form of real competition in which there is no winner and loser. The only sport in which the participants play little to none in the role of deciding who wins and loses. Now in a real sport, real competition I can say the Miami Heat is the best team in the league. Some may disagree, but fact is they've won the last two NBA championships. That's closer to a definition of who's the best it isn't so much so opinionated.

So, if you can't really judge who's the best and what not, then you have to take Kdot's verse literal to a degree. Of course he doesn't mean he wants to murder them, but he literally wants to murder their careers. Take their fanbases. I get it that hip hop was founded on attempting to be better than dudes, from competing on wax to rap battles, but at the end of the day imo that's nothing more than a motive to get a better result from themselves whether that's better bars, better songs etc. Because it's just a thought really. It's conventional wisdom to say Hip-Hop is a sport, because everyone wants to be the best. But it's far too subjective for there ever to be a best, or anything close to it. All other sports, All of em' have more of a concrete criteria to get a closer result of the best.

I can't deal with birdman bro
laugh.gif
it even irritates me to hear his voice at the end of "We'll be fine"
What i'd like to know is the motive behind it lol he added absolutely nothing to we'll be fine or the language other than a comedic element I guess ? Lol yeah birdman on records is always a no go.

What i'd like to know is the motive behind it lol he added absolutely nothing to we'll be fine or the language other than a comedic element I guess ? Lol yeah birdman on records is always a no go.
Birdman intros/outros >>>>>>>

I guess we know who ISN'T stunting everytime they see a ___ :smh:

:smh:
SPOILER]
Haha this. Birdman is OG 5 star....braatttt. Kill everything in the way. Wun hunnuh

A question for those who take issue with Kendrick's verse...do you guys also take issue with Drake when he says he's the only reason some of these guys are blowing up right now or they should've come to him if they wanna blow? Because it's pretty much the same thing Kendrick was doing, sh*t talking.

Birdman gave us the gospel on The Language. What are you talking about

A question for those who take issue with Kendrick's verse...do you guys also take issue with Drake when he says he's the only reason some of these guys are blowing up right now or they should've come to him if they wanna blow? Because it's pretty much the same thing Kendrick was doing, sh*t talking.

Drake's right though; like him or not he's the hottest in the game

only person who has a shot and probably will sell more this year in rap is Em

Man, the reaching excuses for Drake not feeling some type of way (when it's painfully clear he is) has reached Kanye/Kimmel levels. Which one of y'all are Shebib?

who cares if he did or didn't feel some type of way though?

NTers fast to call someone soft yet this thread is a bunch of Perez Hilton's in here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom