09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

slick rick is so @%%++%$ dumb, dude got owned so god damn bad its not even funny

dude was looking HURT at the end of the game

soooo was that hit on the Arkansas receiver the hit of the year? straight FILTHY watching that live ...

Charlie Weiss already lining up NFL OC jobs.
laugh.gif

Sounds like Stoops is going to take that ND job within the next 7-10 days, and Brian Kelly is working on an extension with UC as we speak.

The temple coach a lock to get the UVA job?

Did the NCAA make the rule where you got to interview a Africa America for the job or it was just talked about?

I wonder if ou goes after Kelly if stoops leaves no way I stay in house if I'm them

Stoops can get ND into a BCS game every year with that garbage schedule they play but they still aren't going to beat SC or any decent team in a BCS game.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Did the NCAA make the rule where you got to interview a Africa America for the job or it was just talked about?

Nah. Just the NFL.

That's why every time new coaches get hired we gotta hear about the lack of AA coaches in CFB and how the NCAA needs to have thee same rule.

Stoops can recruit elite player on both sides of the ball tho, if he brings in good coachs around him they could very well beat the elites.

Alot of ou big game loses have been on him playing scared

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

IMO its gotta be Sumlin
Would make sense... But there have been all kinds of rumors from people close to him that he wants the Texas A&M job...

Obviously if Oklahoma comes calling, things probably change, but people have said he thinks A&M is the job for him...

Do they promote Venables? Sumlin does make a lot of sense... Brian Kelly would come up, I guess... Maybe that's a job where Gary Patterson gets a seriouslook...

My sources tell me that Charlie Strong and Kevin Sumlin are in the driver's seat but Alabama's OC Jim McElwain is a strong candidate too. It could very well come down to which team loses the SEC game figuring that coach would leave immediately for Louisville whereas the winning coach would want to stay through the bowl game.
Al Groh is going to be out at UVA as early as Monday. Leading canditate is Mike London HC at Richmond, however they are currently in the FCS playoffs, so there probably wouldn't be any announcement as long as Richmond is still in the playoffs.
I know it's already been mentioned that he has been canned as of today.

Patterson is signed through 2014 and makes $1.8M a year at TCU, if I remember correctly...

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

why not?

and can patterson Recruit?
Why leave a safe job for Louisville right now? It ain't like Louisville is a great job... It's the same thing with Patterson... Why leaveTCU for Minnesota or Kansas State?

And how do you judge if a guy can recruit by what he gets at TCU? I assume he can, because he's done pretty well for himself getting guys in that fit hissystem and get the job done...

Only question is whether or not he'd stay with a 4-2-5 at a bigger program where he could recruit better athletes... I wouldn't think real top-flightlinebackers are trying to play in a 4-2-5...

if Patterson was at a spot where he could just stock pile athletes he wouldnt need to run a 4-2-5

He's running that out of necessity. its all basic defensive concepts, just his way to get faster players on the field.

if he were at an "OU", he could bring in LBs who ran as fast as his 3rd safety

I figured that was the case, just thought maybe it's what he does because it's what they've always run at TCU since he's been there...

I think he'd be scary somewhere like Oklahoma...

Didn't Rich Rod run the 4-2-5 at WVU? Does anywhere else in the Big 6 run out a base 4-2-5?

Back
Top Bottom