09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

if OU came calling for the TCU head coach he would be gone in 1 second without even cleaning his office out

i just find it funny yall fans of smaller schools think that if a big school came calling for your Head coach he wouldnt bounce with the quickness.

there is NOTHING yall cant offer that a big school cant give him and more
TCU has all the facilities that the big schools have, plus...which looks better, Winning a National Championship with OU or winning a NC with TCU and returning them to a national power? I think Patterson has a plan and wont leave TCU until he accomplishes it. TCU isnt like Cinci who is just now getting a practice facility. We have deep pockets and are in the middle of a recruiting hot bed. Not that OU or someone like that isnt, but Im just saying. I just think I am closer and more well informed on the situation. Plus, TCU has a solid team coming back next year. 18 returning starters plus Andy Dalton will be back.

Ive gone back and forth with yall on this, so I will leave it at that. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Your pride for TCU is noble and all..but you gotta realize TCU just fights for the scraps of UT and OU...hell even TAMU.
Its cool. We have differing opinions. If Patterson leaves TCU in the next 3 years I will stop posting about them on this forum for good.

I'm so glad we finally got rid of this clown....

8a025ede3763abf6f57b35ac44d3099b821c56c.jpg

...Hopefully, Jurich is able to get Charlie Strong.

DLo, I hear Marlon Brown is Quite upset about burnin up his Freshman yr on one game 2 receptions and may want out

laugh.gif

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4701625

TALLAHASSEE -- Legendary Florida State coach Bobby Bowden, who built one of college football's greatest dynasties in 34 seasons with the Seminoles, plans to announce his retirement Tuesday morning, sources close to the situation told ESPN.com.
Bowden, whose 388 career victories trail only Penn State's Joe Paterno as college football's winningest coach, met with FSU president TK Wetherell and athletic director Randy Spetman on Monday morning. According to sources, Bowden was given two options: return to FSU in 2010 as an ambassador to the program, in which he would have little input in the day-to-day operations of the program, or retire after the Seminoles' upcoming bowl game.

Sources told ESPN.com that offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher, who was named Bowden's eventual successor near the end of the 2007 season, has agreed to contract terms to replace Bowden after this season. The school's booster organization would have owed Fisher $5 million if he didn't replace Bowden by January 2011.

Bowden, 80, led FSU to national championships in 1993 and '99 and 14 consecutive top-five finishes in the Associated Press top 25 poll from 1987 to 2000. But the Seminoles finished 6-6 after last week's 37-10 loss at No. 1 Florida, which was the third time in four seasons that FSU lost six games.

Mark Schlabach covers college sports for ESPN.com.

wow...One of the greatest coaches ever. I just hope he went out on his own terms.

Realistically where can Jimmy Clausen go in the draft? Hate on him all you want but I think that man is a gunslinger.

Originally Posted by DLo13

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4701625

TALLAHASSEE -- Legendary Florida State coach Bobby Bowden, who built one of college football's greatest dynasties in 34 seasons with the Seminoles, plans to announce his retirement Tuesday morning, sources close to the situation told ESPN.com.
Bowden, whose 388 career victories trail only Penn State's Joe Paterno as college football's winningest coach, met with FSU president TK Wetherell and athletic director Randy Spetman on Monday morning. According to sources, Bowden was given two options: return to FSU in 2010 as an ambassador to the program, in which he would have little input in the day-to-day operations of the program, or retire after the Seminoles' upcoming bowl game.

Sources told ESPN.com that offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher, who was named Bowden's eventual successor near the end of the 2007 season, has agreed to contract terms to replace Bowden after this season. The school's booster organization would have owed Fisher $5 million if he didn't replace Bowden by January 2011.

Bowden, 80, led FSU to national championships in 1993 and '99 and 14 consecutive top-five finishes in the Associated Press top 25 poll from 1987 to 2000. But the Seminoles finished 6-6 after last week's 37-10 loss at No. 1 Florida, which was the third time in four seasons that FSU lost six games.

Mark Schlabach covers college sports for ESPN.com.

nyv0ix.jpg

smokin.gif

Good for him, staying around too long is never a good thing. One of the greatest ever, wish he would've gone out on top.

Realistically where can Jimmy Clausen go in the draft? Hate on him all you want but I think that man is a gunslinger.

First Round....anywhere from 5-15 depending on team needs.

This is a possible Top 10:

Rams
Bucs
Lions
Browns
Raiders
Chiefs
Bills
Panthers
Seahawks

The crossed out teams don't need QB's. The ******** are a wild card, they have Jason Campbell but you never know. I don't think the Browns willgo for another ND QB
laugh.gif
. Raiders have JaMarcus, and might be too high onthe draft board to take another QB. Panthers (Delhomme), Seahawks (Hasselback), Rams (Bulger) all have aging QB's that are not as effective as they oncewere.

Time for a team also like Oklahoma State to realize who they actually are and go from there. They will never be on the level of a Oklahoma, no matter how muchT. Boone wants them to be.

All of these unrealistic expectations will eventually cost Mike Gundy his job. They are not that kind of program.

Ole Miss is in the Cotton Bowl.
Tennessee in the outback.. I wonder where LSU goes, Peach bowl?

I will not miss eric Berry's last game as a Volunteer. Im there!

hope he goes out like when I saw CJ in the Gator Bowl ... he killed WVA secondary
pimp.gif

Cap One bowl..?
For the sake of the big10, if they get a bcs at-large bid I sure hope its Iowa bc Penn St isnt beating anybody.

pimp.gif
frown.gif
Coach Bowden

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Ole Miss is in the Cotton Bowl.
Tennessee in the outback.. I wonder where LSU goes, Peach bowl?

I will not miss eric Berry's last game as a Volunteer. Im there!

hope he goes out like when I saw CJ in the Gator Bowl ... he killed WVA secondary
pimp.gif
YUP. Gonna try and stay with my dude in Gainesville and make the drive in the morning to see it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It's highly unlikely that GT can convince those Jrs to stay but if they somehow do I don't see how that team isn't one of the favorites for theNational Championship next year

laugh.gif
somewhere Steve Spurrier is Chuckling

coming off a 5 win season, goin to the #2 team in the SEC east... I'll take outback...

wont be be no more outback's or Citrus Bowls after 2010
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Kinda funny how Kiffin is somewhat becoming the "new" Spurrier with the gamesmanship. Heard he shot a little dig after beating Kentucky.

yup. CLK said He idolized Spurrier. even told SOS that after the So Car/UTk game

Postgame CLK was like yea we fumbled with 2 minutes left, but at the end of the day, we're tennessee and they're still Kentucky ...

laugh.gif
somewhere Steve Spurrier is Chuckling

coming off a 5 win season, goin to the #2 team in the SEC east... I'll take outback...

wont be be no more outback's or Citrus Bowls after 2010
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Capital One Bowls
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yup. CLK said He idolized Spurrier. even told SOS that after the So Car/UTk game

Postgame CLK was like yea we fumbled with 2 minutes left, but at the end of the day, we're Tennessee and they're still Kentucky ...
This dude's swag is on another level.
roll.gif

I can't help but support that.
pimp.gif

Wow Doug Marrone is bugging out. Fired 3 assistant coaches last night with one of them being the OC Rob Spence (1 season). What did he think was going tohappen? This team was in no way ready to win. It was purely a rebuilding year. Try getting people to come up here is going to be much easier said than done.

Back
Top Bottom