09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

I think Rich Rod ran the 3-3-5 at WVa.

Did Kansas end up running a 4-2-5 base this year on defense? I know they were thinking about it in the offseason...

He also ran the 335 / 425 (its like a hybrid, at mich) as recently as the ohio state game and they exposed it pretty badly.
I agree with gunna. If he gets that speed in the form of lbers, there's no need to run that set.

[h2]Rumor of the Day III: More onStoops[/h2]
The fact that no rumors are floating around about other candidates tells me all I need to know. Third big rumor of the day. Third one involving Stoops:
One of Bob Stoops's nephews, who I went to college with and one of my closest friends - CONFIRMS that Stoops has been offered the Head Job at Notre Dame and that Jack Swarbrick said he would be the highest paid coach in college football.

He (Stoops) will be in Youngstown this week because his grandmother (Mary Rochford -104 years old!) died. They will talk it over as a family there, but they are all big time Catholic/ND fans(with the whole Mooney connection).

I've been told that Weis will officially be dismissed Monday and Stoops, should he accept (my buddy says it's 95% that he will) will be introduced as soon as Tuesday or possibly Wednesday.

I have it on good authoruty that Notre Dame and Swarbrick would not be shy with the purse strings to get the best coach for the job. So I strongly believethat if it is Stoops, he will be the highest paid coach in college.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

What's Toby Gerhart gotta do to get some Heisman love?

311 carries, 1,736 yds, 26 TDs

Reverse discrimination
smh.gif

He's gotta make it to NY, imo.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

I'm hearing Butch Davis to ND

ESPN Insider put that out. I feel like ND doesn't even know who their next coach is yet because too many names are flying around.

Say what you want, but I dont see Patterson leaving TCU any time soon. Dude gets anything he wants at TCU

"We don't think we're at the top of the mountain,'' Patterson said. "We're happy to beconference champions, we're happy we've done it the way we've done it. But the bottom line too is, our goal was the same 12 years ago, get to thenational championship game.

"That's why I've stayed here,'' he said. "Because Ibelieve we can do it here.''

if OU came calling for the TCU head coach he would be gone in 1 second without even cleaning his office out

i just find it funny yall fans of smaller schools think that if a big school came calling for your Head coach he wouldnt bounce with the quickness.

there is NOTHING yall cant offer that a big school cant give him and more

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

if OU came calling for the TCU head coach he would be gone in 1 second without even cleaning his office out

i just find it funny yall fans of smaller schools think that if a big school came calling for your Head coach he wouldnt bounce with the quickness.

True, but every coach isn't looking for the first big name job to open up so that they can bolt to the next destination. Some jobs might be bigger andoffer more money but it might not be the fit that the coach is looking for. It's the arrogance of bigger schools to think that any smaller school coach isgoing to automatically jump at the opportunity to go to bigger schools. Brian Kelly spurned Nebraska and Washington last year. Bigger schools, yes. But, reallywho wants those jobs right now even though they are historically great programs. If ND came to Kelly I think he'd take the job though, and if OU comes toPeterson he'll definitely take the job.

Brian Kelly spurned Nebraska and Washington last year
thats news to me

i could of swore both of them schools had there eyes on the head coachs they got

True, but every coach isn't looking for the first big name job to open up so that they can bolt to the next destination
thats true

but there is a difference in Peterson turning down Virgina and turning down OU.

Like Dirk has said many times on here these guys are in a space they can pick and chose where they want to go.

When THAT job comes calling these guys are good as gone.

these programs where these coaches are at have been built up because of them. Those jobs have turned into good jobs under their watch.

It's like calipari going to UK...there is a bigger picture.

The "they have everything they need" holds little weight when they've done it all themselves.

spurned Nebraska? Nebraska was after Bo Pellini from the jump. it was Pelini or Gil's job from the outset
and from what I remember Washington was after Leach and never even interviewed Kelly ...

However Both Kelly and Patterson ajumped at the Tennessee job. both actively pursued it and both were finalists.
I understand yall want yall coaches to stay at yall smaller schools but dont be naive

laugh.gif
TCU can add all the practice facilities they want, but they'll never be Texas or Oklahoma...

Gary Patterson can say he's happy there, and I'm sure he is, but every coach in the country has their eyes on bigger and better things... Nobody'sdream job is to coach with a glass ceiling over their heads and play in front of crowds of 30000 or less week in and out...

TCU has all the facilities that the big schools have, plus...which looks better, Winning a National Championship with OU or winning a NC with TCUand returning them to a national power? I think Patterson has a plan and wont leave TCU until he accomplishes it. TCU isnt like Cinci who is just now getting apractice facility. We have deep pockets and are in the middle of a recruiting hot bed. Not that OU or someone like that isnt, but Im just saying. I just thinkI am closer and more well informed on the situation. Plus, TCU has a solid team coming back next year. 18 returning starters plus Andy Dalton will be back.

Ive gone back and forth with yall on this, so I will leave it at that. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

I think it depends on the coach whether they come back or not. Mel Kiper has him as the #4 qb and another year isn't moving him up any further. Buthe'll pretty much be the heisman fruntrunner if he comes back.

Jimmy was as much of a 'Charlie' guy as can be, he's gone.

Golden there might be a tiny chance with the right coach.

any guy who is looking at a 1st round or 2nd round pick is gonna declare this yr, the NFL rookie salary cap is a yr away. this is the last yr to get in beforeit comes to fruition

All ACC 2009
FIRST TEAM

Offense
QB-Josh Nesbitt, Georgia Tech (50)
RB-Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech (67)
RB-Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech (63)
WR-Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech (63)
WR-Donovan Varner, Duke (50)
TE-George Bryan, NC State (39)
TE-Michael Palmer, Clemson (39)
OT-Jason Fox, Miami (57)
OT-Anthony Castonzo, Boston College (53)
OG-Rodney Hudson, Florida State (54)
OG-Cord Howard, Georgia Tech (47)
C-Sean Bedford, Georgia Tech (45)
K-Matt Waldron, Virginia Tech (27)
K-Matt Bosher, Miami (27)
Spc-C.J. Spiller, Clemson (76)

Defense
DE-Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech (76)
DE-Robert Quinn, North Carolina (69)
DT-Nate Collins, Virginia (47)
DT-Allen Bailey, Miami (38)
LB-Cody Grimm, Virginia Tech (65)
LB-Luke Kuechly, Boston College (53)
LB-Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina (44)
LB-Alex Wujciak, Maryland (44)
CB-Kendric Burney, North Carolina (59)
CB-Brandon Harris, Miami (41)
S-DeAndre McDaniel, Clemson (57)
S-Deunta Williams, North Carolina (53)
P-Brent Bowden, Virginia Tech (57)

SECOND TEAM

Offense
QB-Thaddeus Lewis, Duke (18)
RB-C.J. Spiller, Clemson (62)
RB-Montel Harris, Boston College (39)
WR-Torrey Smith, Maryland (25)
WR-Jacoby Ford, Clemson (24)
TE-Greg Boone, Virginia Tech (16)
OT-Ed Wang, Virginia Tech (31)
OT-Chris Hairston, Clemson (26)
OG-Thomas Austin, Clemson (39)
OG-Sergio Render, Virginia Tech (37)
C-Matt Tennant, Boston College (29)
K-Casey Barth, North Carolina (21)
K-Will Snyderwine, Duke (21)
Spc-Torrey Smith, Maryland (17)

Defense
DE-Patrick Sapp, Clemson (29)
DE-Willie Young, NC State (24)
DE-Jason Worilds, Virginia Tech (24)
DT-Marvin Austin, North Carolina (32)
DT-John Russell, Wake Forest (29)
LB-Vincent Rey, Duke (29)
LB-Darryl Sharpton, Miami (21)
LB-Bruce Carter, North Carolina (17)
LB-Colin McCarthy, Miami (17)
LB-Dekoda Watson, Florida State (17)
CB-Ras-I Dowling, Virginia (26)
CB-Patrick Robinson, Florida State (26)
S-Morgan Burnett, Georgia Tech (51)
S-Kam Chancellor, Virginia Tech (24)
P-Matt Bosher, Miami (37)

Bosher
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

TCU has all the facilities that the big schools have, plus...which looks better, Winning a National Championship with OU or winning a NC with TCU and returning them to a national power? I think Patterson has a plan and wont leave TCU until he accomplishes it. TCU isnt like Cinci who is just now getting a practice facility. We have deep pockets and are in the middle of a recruiting hot bed. Not that OU or someone like that isnt, but Im just saying. I just think I am closer and more well informed on the situation. Plus, TCU has a solid team coming back next year. 18 returning starters plus Andy Dalton will be back.

Ive gone back and forth with yall on this, so I will leave it at that. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Your pride for TCU is noble and all..but you gotta realize TCU just fights for the scraps of UT and OU...hell even TAMU.

Back
Top Bottom