09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

1-9 in your last 10 bowl games and you turn down a bowl game? Even if they were playing in the Motor City Bowl then they still should have played in it. Thisis the reason why people hate ND.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Bowl practice is a head start for Spring ball... Tennessee, for example, is losing 4 starting OL. and today was first bowl practice and they moved a DT to Center and he is getting reps already. thats like 20 extra practices for young players. u cant tell me that shouldnt be first and foremost in the AD and Football office minds..
smh.gif
Gunna I hear you. They said multiple fights broke out between the seniors and sophs/frosh trying to figure out who all the ({'})'s werewho voted NO. %%!% is DISGUSTING. You can honestly make fun of the ND football program all you want, but you have to feel for the Seniors...

I'm honestly PISSED for them and I don't even play. SMDH
smh.gif
I was abandwagon ND fan the last 4 years only because of my dudes, but that program cat stay in the gutter for eternity now.

Originally Posted by tmay407

How does Kansas State deserve a bowl game?
now this is just my opinion, but both K-State and ND have tied records at 6-6. K-State had a turn around season this year and were leaders of thebig12 north just a couple of weeks ago. with a win against NEB, they could have played in the big12CCG, then win or lose, play in a bowl game.

Exactly Mike...these dudes aren't even bowl eligible
laugh.gif

They had to beat Nebraska in order to even play in a bowl game
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Why would Florida State even want to go there? Bobby don't care about getting BLASTED in his last game at FSU?

Dudes are gonna get taken behind the woodshed...
smh.gif

Know it was mentioned as being rumored, but barring an upset in the BigXII title game, looks like Texas A&M will play Georgia in Shreveport...

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

plzzzz dont tell me the other ACC teams allowed FSU to jump them to the Gator bowl?

What do you mean "allow"? They have no say so.

[h1] [color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Hocutt: FSU to Gator Bowl `not right'[/color][/h1] [h2][color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]UM athletic director Kirby Hocutt doesn't want to see the Hurricanes sent out of state for their bowl appearance.[/color][/h2] [h3]BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN[/h3] [h3][email protected][/h3]
Miami athletic director Kirby Hocutt said Friday that as much as he respects Bobby Bowden, it would be unfair for the 9-3 Hurricanes to be dropped to an out-of-state bowl if the Gator Bowl selects 6-6 FSU, as it is expected to do Sunday.

Had the Gator Bowl, on Jan. 1 in Jacksonville, not unabashedly declared it wanted Bowden's Seminoles on the heels of his retirement announcement, the unranked Seminoles would be selected to a bowl after the No. 17 Canes. The 73,000-strong UM alumni base in Florida, then, would almost certainly be assured that the Canes would fall no farther than the Champs Sports Bowl on Dec. 29 in Orlando -- a game to which most could easily drive amid the lagging economy.

POSSIBLE SCENARIOS Now, if the Champs decides it wants the loser of Saturday's Atlantic Coast Conference title game between Clemson and Georgia Tech (the winner plays in the FedEx Orange Bowl), UM will fall to either the Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl on Dec. 27 in Nashville or the Meineke Car Care Bowl on Dec. 26 in Charlotte, N.C.

``The ACC has a tremendous team of bowl partners, all who provide unique experiences,'' Hocutt said. ``At the same time, with all due respect to Coach Bowden, who is one of the best college football coaches in our time and ever in the history of the game, I think what is taking place is not right, if it does unfold [that way].

``Bowl games are rewards for teams that have had excellent seasons and the fact that a 6-6 team could be selected over a 9-3 team, I don't agree with. Contractually, what could transpire is permissible. But I do not believe it is consistent with the intent of the bowl agreement.''

All of this is dependent upon the Chick-fil-A Bowl, which has the first ACC pick after the Orange Bowl's automatic selection, choosing Virginia Tech -- also expected.

Champs Sports Bowl CEO Steve Hogan on Friday called UM ``a very attractive team.'' He also said that Clemson (8-4) and Georgia Tech (10-2) ``have had fine seasons.

``We'd like to get teams that have a chance to get to 9, 10 wins, drive national appeal and are highly ranked. Then after that, if there are side benefits with the opportunity to fill seats and remain a viable business, that's very important as well. I can't say it enough: Miami is extremely high on our list.''

A crushing victory by Tech -- or even Clemson -- in the ACC title game would be most beneficial for UM. Both teams are coming off losses.

UM would likely face Northwestern (8-4) in the Champs, but could also play Wisconsin (8-3 with its final game Saturday vs. Hawaii).

The ACC's Music City Bowl opponent could be the SEC's Kentucky, and some reports already have North Carolina (8-4) being paired with the Wildcats (7-5). That, in turn, would send UM to a colder-weather Meineke against a Big East opponent.

ECONOMIC REALITY

Given the economy and the way UM fans travel, at least by plane, it is unlikely UM would fill many seats out of state. The last time UM played an in-state bowl was after the 2003 season against FSU in the Orange Bowl.

The ACC distributes its bowl revenue equally among its 12 teams, once expenses are deducted. According to the ACC media guide, UM would receive $1 million in expenses to travel to the Champs or Meineke or Music City.

But it clearly would be less expensive for the Canes to bus to Orlando.

``To be 9-3 with a chance to get a 10th win is another step forward on our journey back to the pinnacle of the college football world,'' Hocutt said. ``We have a passionate and loyal fan base. We have about 73,000 alumni that live in Florida that could drive to the Champs bowl. I am confident if given the opportunity to play in an instate bowl, the fans and alumni will support this team.''

Supposedly....the Iowa insiders board is claiming Iowa vs. Boise St. in the Fiesta Bowl is a done deal...barring a Nebraska upset over Texas. I don't haveaccess to it, but that's what someone posted on an Ohio State message board.

What do you mean "allow"? They have no say so
the way somebody made it seem early in the week on ESPN ACC Teams would have to ok FSU jumping other teams to the gator bowl

S from Cardinal Mooney, Ray Vinopal committed to Michigan yesterday. Looks like he is a gamer like Kyle McCarthy at ND. I will take that. McCarthy was a prettydamn good S at ND and I would love to have that type of S for us. I just hope he is less douchey than Kyle because he was a Grad A douche.

Decent recruiting weekend for Michigan. Richard Ash and Sean Parker are in town. Too bad its 30 in Michigan and have no clue if they got snowed on likeGRapids. Hopefully they enjoy themselves because we could use Ash and Hankins to commit

Kiffin is a cool %+$ dude
laugh.gif

not surprised alot of recruits cant resist UT

would take him at UM anyday...

Latest bowl game rumblings for ACC squads:

If Georgia Tech wins tonight:

Orange -- Georgia Tech
Chick-fil-A -- Virginia Tech
Gator -- Florida State
Champs -- Clemson
Music City -- North Carolina
Meineke Car Care -- Miami