09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

I just read your posts Dre, but still, the play was going on and the OL dude just sat there...no excuse for that IMO.
No excuse for it? Why are you talking like he kicked a player in the face?

He simply did what the coach taught him to do. Which is not to move when the ball is hiked early.

Bet you all the other OL's got chewed out except for him.

It's a broken play. *shrugs* The ball was never supposed to be hiked therefore there was no 'play'.

DLo Did Rodney Garnder resign today?
eek.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by Lazy B

[h2]Hofstra dropping football program[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Mark Schlabach
ESPN.com
Archive

Hofstra University is dropping its football team, citing high costs and low interest from the college community.

The university, which has fielded a football team for the last 69 years, told its coaching staff Thursday morning that it is dropping the sport, sources told ESPN.com.

The Pride, which has competed in the NCAA's Football Championship Subdivision since 1991, is the second member of the Colonial Athletic Association to drop its football program in the last 10 days. Northeastern University in Boston announced it was dropping its football program after 74 seasons on Nov. 23.

In a statement obtained by The Associated Press on Thursday, university president Stuart Rabinowitz says "the choice was painful but clear."

He says factors include the cost of running the football program and the team's inability to generate significant interest, financial support or attendance.

The decision follows a two-year review of sports spending at Hofstra. Rabinowitz says there are no plans to cut any other sports at the Long Island school.

Hofstra has an enrollment of 12,400 students and is located in Hempstead, N.Y., on Long Island.

School officials told ESPN.com that athletics director Jack Hayes and football coach Dave Cohen were unavailable for comment Thursday morning.

CAA commissioner Thomas Yeager was unavailable for comment, conference spokesman Scott Meyer said.

The Pride went 5-6 this past season, tying for third with a 3-5 record in the CAA North. Hofstra has produced five NFL draft picks since 1991, including New Orleans Saints star receiver Marques Colston and Pittsburgh Steelers tackle Willie Colon. Former Pride quarterback Giovanni Carmazzi was a third-round choice of the San Francisco 49ers in 2000, and former New York Jets receiver Wayne Chrebet played there.

Mark Schlabach covers college football for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report
frown.gif
and now all we have is LIU and stony brook...
My dude transferred from Cuse to Hofstra so that he could play this past spring and they do this. I can't imagine how he feels about this right now.

It's sad, but I'm not surprised....the school itself is a dump.
My dude plays there too...seems like they werent getting much fan support and etc..%!$ is sad
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

I really hope Kansas knows what they are doing by firing Mangino.

I think they got scared off... between the Football team fightin the Hoop team I dunno, Im skeptical just like u

Maybe they need to just promote the OC ... because they can remain top 4 Big XII program with that offense.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I just read your posts Dre, but still, the play was going on and the OL dude just sat there...no excuse for that IMO.

He simply did what the coach taught him to do. Which is not to move when the ball is hiked early.

It's a broken play. *shrugs* The ball was never supposed to be hiked therefore there was no 'play'.

Dre, what was the goal for not moving on the play anyways? I remember seeing this and thought, what the hell? Were they hoping to catch the D off guard withno line movenment, or what were they up too?

Originally Posted by dreClark

Right, I get that the ball wasn't supposed to be hiked or anything.
But the ball was hiked and then his quarterback had to scramble. You'd think he'd get his hand off the ground and try to make a block or something,right?
ohwell.gif

That's what I was thinking is all
ohwell.gif

And this story about the blind kid is
frown.gif
frown.gif
Glad that USC did that
pimp.gif

I wish more of this was produced.

You think Kansas can stay at the top of the Big XII? I just can't see it unless they hit a home run with this hire...

No Reesing. No Mangino. Briscoe is probably gone, Meier graduates... Gonna be tough...

I'm real interested to see how Oklahoma State moves forward from here too... Obviously they'll be alright, but they got a TON to replace over the nextcouple of years...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Statis22

I really hope Kansas knows what they are doing by firing Mangino.

I think they got scared off... between the Football team fightin the Hoop team I dunno, Im skeptical just like u

Maybe they need to just promote the OC ... because they can remain top 4 Big XII program with that offense.

Personally I don't think Kansas is a top 4 Big 12 team. I hope they don't lose sight of who they are as a football program.

Goodbye Mangino. May you take your money and free time and eat as much as you've always wanted to
tired.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

James Coley is a beast in recruiting
pimp.gif
I dunno bout that,

Mike Harris wanted to go to Bama bad but they were not willing to wait on his scores while FSU is. the guy might not graduate.

Yea but he's been a monster since he joined. majority of players that have switched or went to us late were mainly cause of him

Aye, did anyone else peep the ESPN bottom line for the Heisman predictor, it has Tebow 1st, Ingram 2nd, McCoy 3rd and Gerhart 4th. I think they've prettymuch been on point in the last couple years with their stuff, I'm just surprised to see Timmy that high...I thought for sure Colt would be 1st. If Tebowplays well this week vs Bama, looks like he'll win another one.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Corey Nelson got a in home from UTk and is scheduled to visit in January

A&M better tighten up
Free trip, indeed...I hope
laugh.gif

I don't see him visiting Tennessee without his parents, and his parents aren't very well off financially. It's gonna take some saving up for themto be able to make that trip.

Now if he makes that trip without his parents, there's probably some genuine interest there...and I'll start getting worried.

That makes me wonder though...if we lose Nelson to another school, I wonder if Shaun Lewis would switch over to A&M...

Yep... Nelson's family is all about A&M and has been the whole time... If his parents can't make it to Knoxville, there's no chance he flips...

They can't afford to lose dude IMO, so Sherman better make sure he seals it up...

Blindsides us, i was a walk on(practice squad dude) for 2 years, i stopped/quit to be able to graduate on time in may but its horrible that they do this,especially to new recruits man. You come to this school to play ball and you revolve ur years around football and working out and trying to get better only forthem to take it all way from you in a for and against vote. They should have at least allowed a year in between for students to get situated and makearrangements or at least showcase their talents. First it was st johns, then iono and now hofstra, maybe nyc just isnt meant to have football. I just hopestonybrook and cw post (although d2 )can keep the programs going. To think UCONN and hofstra competed in the same league just 8 years back, damn.

Here's a little bit of somewhat new info on Ahmad Dixon:

Dixon may have academic issues

When we checked in with Waco Midway safety Ahmad Dixon Wednesday night we discovered that almost a totally different set of schools was pursuing him than what had been reported earlier in the fall. At that time, Dixon said that he was hearing from Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn and Oklahoma State in addition to Baylor (where he is committed). In November, Dixon took an official visit to Tennessee and even talked in interviews about taking similar trips to those out-of-state schools.

Now, as of this week, Dixon listed the schools that were in touch with him as Texas A&M and Texas Tech in addition to the Vols and the Bears. He did not mention the others.

Why the change?

Part of it could be because Dixon decided to stay close to home. However, those schools decided to cut back contact with him, not the other way around. It should be noted, however, that Dixon recently took a standardized exam the day after one of his football games. Although he did not tell us what he scored, he did say that he was disappointed with his results.

Typically that translates to a score that's somewhat less than what the prospect needs to become qualified. What's interesting is that Oklahoma State and Auburn have seemingly backed off of him for right now and this has occurred since he took the test. Both schools have a history of taking academic risks. Oklahoma State got Waco-area product Perrish Cox to de-commit from LSU when he had a low test score and Cox ultimately made a high enough score to qualify. Auburn signed Sulphur Springs quarterback Tyrik Rollison last year when virtually no one else would even let him come in for an official visit. Rollison was considered to be the longest of long shots but qualified and is now considered to have a real future with the Tigers.

Back
Top Bottom