09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by FeelMode

CLK doing damage control... damn near retained the whole class
pimp.gif

Too bad he's gonna run SC into the ground. It's a shame because I've always liked and had a respect for SC.

Hopefully he won't become like other past USC backs who just turn to average backs due to 10 RB's worthy of starting

Originally Posted by RoOk

Hopefully he won't become like other past USC backs who just turn to average backs due to 10 RB's worthy of starting
I'm sorry what?

If they became average because of competition they were never that great anyway.

Having a competitive backfield makes your RB's better......not worse.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

RoOk wrote:

I'm sorry what?

If they became average because of competition they were never that great anyway.

Having a competitive backfield makes your RB's better......not worse.

It's more of the idea that the USC RB's can't get into a rhythm in game. Some backs need those constant reps and get stronger as the game goes on.If you're in for a couple plays then yanked for the next few, it's hard to get into the flow of the game.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

pimp.gif

Too bad he's gonna run SC into the ground. It's a shame because I've always liked and had a respect for SC.

We'll see. i know a lot of people are feeling that right now, and obviously Lane hasn't really done anything on his own yet BUT if they can just keepbringing in the recruits without any serious violations i dont see how he can really mess up. Looks like he wants control of the offense and i'd be lyingif i said i wouldnt rather have Chow calling the O but in 05 he had that O running like a well oiled machine. Time will tell i guess.

I think the people who were praying for a drastic SC drop off are going to be holding there breath. Might suffer through another year like the one we just hadbut im looking at Barkley's Junior year to be a contender for the chip.

Ro0k, Baxter is coming in at a good time, the past few years have been a nightmare at the position but i think it was just too many guys being brought in andout so nobody could really get in a great rhythm. I think Baxter will get a lot of touches.

KingJames23 wrote:

FeelMode wrote:

pimp.gif

We'll see. i know a lot of people are feeling that right now, and obviously Lane hasn't really done anything on his own yet BUT if they can just keep
bringing in the recruits without any serious violations i dont see how he can really mess up. Looks like he wants control of the offense and i'd be lying
if i said i wouldnt rather have Chow calling the O but in 05 he had that O running like a well oiled machine. Time will tell i guess.

I think the people who were praying for a drastic SC drop off are going to be holding there breath. Might suffer through another year like the one we just had
but im looking at Barkley's Junior year to be a contender for the chip.

Ro0k, Baxter is coming in at a good time, the past few years have been a nightmare at the position but i think it was just too many guys being brought in and
out so nobody could really get in a great rhythm. I think Baxter will get a lot of touches.

I just honestly don't think he's ready for SC. He didn't deserve the Oakland job, he didn't deserve the Tennessee job, and he sure as helldoesn't deserve the USC job. Recruiting isn't everything in CFB (as a UF fan I know this well). He's gonna have to coach 'em up. And I'mnot sure how many years Monte has left coaching. Lane's signature win was a close loss to Bama.

Could Lane prove all the doubters wrong, sure he can. With Lane there are more questions than answers and when you are talking about possibly the best job inthe nation, it's not a good situation. With the way he runs his mouth he's gonna have to win early.

I think Baxter is going to be used in a lot of different areas. i definitely see him lining up in the slot from time to time. Might even get some snaps at QBin special situations. At the end of the day i think he is going to be a back. Wish he was a couple of inches taller tho'

Nah i agree with a lot you are saying KingJames23, especially about the Oakland hiring. That Bama game should have been a W (I know shoulda coulda woulda) andthat really wouldnt have been a bad signature win. He's going to be surrounded by some talent at SC and that can go a long way. Yea unfortunately i agreeabout Pops, dont see him coaching to much longer. Like i said i guess we'll just have to wait and see. For whatever reason i feel a little more comfortablewith Lane then i would have with Del Rio. I guess i'll have to just wait on that one.

Some of you guys need to seriously lay off the USC is "falling off" and now that "Lane Kiffin is going to run USC to the ground" comments,
laugh.gif

We'll see what happens next season. I'm sure CJ will get a shot to shine now that he is out of Pete Carroll's doghouse, dude never seemed to getout of it. I really wish Stafon decided to come back, he needs another year in college and maybe he would've got a legit shot now that McKnight is gone.

Looking at our schedule I could see a 9-10 win season, with Barkley improving. Who knows, maybe Mustain might win the job and Barkley will have to hold aclipboard for a season.

It will be interesting to see what happens once spring practice comes around.

One things for sure, the intensity will be back.

Looks like we're gonna lose Ambles

I get the feeling he'll be out in LA...

but this softens the hurt.
Justin Hunter just committed.
pimp.gif

ac52547e164aea92071c5b6ad3049d4603f3fe9.png

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Looks like we're gonna lose Ambles

I get the feeling he'll be out in LA...

but this softens the hurt.
Justin Hunter just committed.
pimp.gif

ac52547e164aea92071c5b6ad3049d4603f3fe9.png

What's the word on Ambles?

Rumor is that he is a knucklehead.

He is very much a knucklehead. but he is the best WR in this class.

best skills, best hands, and best route runner.

Prater and woods better hope he dont go out there, cus he'll snag all their shine.

He is very much a knucklehead. but he is the best WR in this class.

best skills, best hands, and best route runner.

Prater and woods better hope he dont go out there, cus he'll snag all their shine.

Yeah, I've felt the same way since he tripped out to SC during summer. Don't agree with the best hands comment though.

I'd prefer if CLK closed up WR recruiting for the year and just focused on George Farmer for 2011. We don't need another headcase here.

I've read a couple places that since the whole Kiffin thing that Ambles has contacted a lot of schools and there have been more than a few (some that coulduse a top flight WR too) that've said no thanks due to the circumstances and his issues.

Originally Posted by ddot7

I've read a couple places that since the whole Kiffin thing that Ambles has contacted a lot of schools and there have been more than a few (some that could use a top flight WR too) that've said no thanks due to the circumstances and his issues.

yep.
nothings changed since last Summer.
no doubt he has baggage.

LSU better hop on him tho, they have no wrs right now and Frank Wilson was the guy recruiting him at UT

everything i seen is dont touch Ambles, for some reason he had Interest in UCLA a little bit early on

Originally Posted by ddot7

I've read a couple places that since the whole Kiffin thing that Ambles has contacted a lot of schools and there have been more than a few (some that could use a top flight WR too) that've said no thanks due to the circumstances and his issues.

yep.
nothings changed since last Summer.
no doubt he has baggage.

LSU better hop on him tho, they have no wrs right now and Frank Wilson was the guy recruiting him at UT

What exactly is his baggage?

He has had run ins with his HS coach, tried to fight a teacher, and something going around about him Baggin the wife of a coach or teacher...

Latwaan Anderson gettin cozy wit CLK?

WVU
sick.gif

8 de-commitments already

3* LB Jessel Curry - switched to Auburn less than two weeks after committing to WVU, and only a couple days after doing an interview where he said his word was his bond and talked about integrity and keeping his word, etc etc etc.

4* RB Braylon Heard - switched to Nebraska after only a month or so of being committed. When word got out that he was going on a trip, he swore that it was just to appease his HS coach who had connections to Peline. When he got back he said it was nice but that he wasn't switching.... and a few days later, switched.

3* DB Robert Clark - committed for some time, was turned down by Florida for months, but in their attempt to hold onto Elam, they offered his best friend and teammate Robert Clark... even told him straight up that he was basically a special teams guy and nothing more. Switched anyway

3* LB Davion Rogers - was trying to get out almost as soon as he committed. Tried to convince other commits to take trips with him elsewhere. Finally got a good offer from Michigan and immediately was gone.

3* WR Fred Pickett - committed, then his dad made him rescind commitment till he visited to be sure, then committed again..... then decommitted later. refuses to comment on it at all. won't talk to any outlet, regardless of affiliation.

3* DB Travis Bell - committed awhile back, when asked if he was going to visit Marshall this past weekend he laughed and said no freaking way, wanted to know who the hell was saying that..... then he visited Marshall the next day and committed.

3* DB Mike Dorsey - committed 9-10 months ago. Refuted stories of taking visits for some time. Finally admitted he was going to see Michigan State at some point..... then went up and decommitted from WVU.

3* WR Darius Millines - committed awhile back. Swore he wouldn't even visit other places. Did an interview about a week ago saying he was as solid as they come, there's no other place he wants to be and he's not even visiting other schools, claiming that he grew up as a man and matured and is sticking to his word..... then decommitted three days later.

eek.gif
sick.gif

What's the deal with Latwan and CLK?
nerd.gif
Also, I think we got a decent shot at Markeith. It seemed like his pops wanted UTk, but I guess not. Just gotta sitback and see how this plays out on signing day...

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

What's the deal with Latwan and CLK?
nerd.gif
Also, I think we got a decent shot at Markeith. It seemed like his pops wanted UTk, but I guess not. Just gotta sit back and see how this plays out on signing day...
Supposedly got offered by USC, and he came out and said they are his "dream school".

Back
Top Bottom