09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

AB soft? Come on son.

I'll be driving that AB bandwagon this year. Like I did with Tyrod (hopefully it goes better).

Looks like with all this stuff going on with Louis Ohio St is in contact with Dyjuan Lewis and could possibly bring him in for an official visit..
JT and co. were at Seantrel Hendersons hs today.

Corey Brown is supposed to take an OV to Rutgers this wkend.

Boubacar Cissoko is headed for a long life of nothing. Kid just got popped for trying to sell weed. This kid has gone way downhill since getting his buttbenched against IU. Hope he can turn it around but glad the coaches gave him the boot when they did.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Boubacar Cissoko is headed for a long life of nothing. Kid just got popped for trying to sell weed. This kid has gone way downhill since getting his butt benched against IU. Hope he can turn it around but glad the coaches gave him the boot when they did.
tired.gif
smh.gif

Dude mad me sooooo mad during the season when he let guys get open at the worst times!

Boubacar Cissoko is headed for a long life of nothing. Kid just got popped for trying to sell weed. This kid has gone way downhill since getting his butt benched against IU. Hope he can turn it around but glad the coaches gave him the boot when they did.

Kid as just plain awful. SMH.

5* OLB prospect Christian Jones has been working in a credit retrieval program to try to pull up some of his grades. He is doing it to try and meet the Notre Dame admission standards and is leaning that way.
Warchant Meltdown in 5.4.3.2......

just a minor set back for a man destined to be a shut down nfl corner.

he's been doing it on every level. stepped out the crib, lockin down receivers...

F359991.jpg

Originally Posted by RoOk

Maybe i wasn't watching much, but AB doesn't impress me alot. I wouldn't be surprised if Gable takes that #1 spot next season

I will give you a pass because you are new and can't decide whether you are a Michigan fan or an SC fan. AB was our best back last year not named Stafon.He just hits the hole and knocks people over. He wouldve got more totes if it wasn't for Pete's man crush with Joe McKnight.

As a cal fan, i was so happy to see mcknight in the backfield, because there was a chance for some negative yards.

but with bradford, dude just gets his, he runs through tackles and never seems to get TFL'd.

Kid cant hustle anywhere
tired.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by RoOk

Maybe i wasn't watching much, but AB doesn't impress me alot. I wouldn't be surprised if Gable takes that #1 spot next season

I will give you a pass because you are new and can't decide whether you are a Michigan fan or an SC fan. AB was our best back last year not named Stafon. He just hits the hole and knocks people over. He wouldve got more totes if it wasn't for Pete's man crush with Joe McKnight.
Yea, can't decide. Lol W.e. I'm just saying he played good at times but the way people on here are hyping him up...Ehh, Btw, your sayingit like Joe had a terrible year! Dude had some big games this season and even though he turned the ball over at times
indifferent.gif
he was still their most electrifying player on the team not named damianwilliams. Bradford was used many times in goaline situations correct?

Originally Posted by Nako XL

just a minor set back for a man destined to be a shut down nfl corner.

he's been doing it on every level. stepped out the crib, lockin down receivers...

F359991.jpg
roll.gif

This kid is a lost cause.
smh.gif

If he wasn't playing 1 armed this year, I wonder if he would still be a part of the program...Oh well, and good riddance. Hope he eventually gets on theright track.

'03 Trojans vs. '02 Buckeyes for supremacy

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 | Feedback | Print Entry

Since we're in "best of the decade" mode this week on ESPN.com, I opted to look back at the best recruiting classes of the past 10 years. Ibased this on production and impact -- while factoring what percentage of the class was a success (which is why a signing class of 17 is trickier than, say,35). Obviously, it's hard to get a true gauge on classes from the past two or three years because in most cases, those recruits are still provingthemselves -- although one class has already measured up quite well.

1. USC Trojans, 2003:

This is arguably the best recruiting class of the modern era (which I define as the period in which there have been limitations on the number of a recruitsa program could sign). This group's nucleus went 48-4, won two national titles, played in four BCS bowls and included a Heisman Trophy winner. Four of thesignees were selected in the first round of the NFL draft (RB Reggie Bush, DT Sedrick Ellis, OT Sam Baker, DE Lawrence Jackson) and six others ended up assecond-rounders (RB LenDale White, WR Steve Smith, OL Ryan Kalil (remember this?), CBTerrell Thomas, DT Fili Moala and CB Eric Wright). CB Will Poole was a fourth-rounder, while QB John David Booty and LB Thomas Williams were fifth-rounders.The crazy part of this class is that the guy the USC staff thought would be the best was WR Whitney Lewis, who barely played and transferred to NorthernIowa.

2. Ohio State Buckeyes, 2002:

This was quite the star-crossed class. For all of the talk about the Buckeyes' struggles in big games, the class won all four of its bowl games, won anational title and had three top-4 finishes. The first breakout star was RB Maurice Clarett, who of course had a major role on the OSU national title team.Then, um, things went haywire. The rest of the class, however, more than made up for it in the coming years. You had a three-star LB in AJ Hawk who proved tobe the best Buckeyes defender of the decade, a center (Nick Mangold) who seems headed to a bunch of Pro Bowls, a Super Bowl hero (Santonio Holmes), and aHeisman winner (Troy Smith). In all, there were four first-rounders (Hawk, Mangold, Holmes and LB Bobby Carpenter) and a bunch of mid-rounders. (Clarett and DLQuinn Pitcock went in the third; OL Rob Sims and DB Nate Salley in the fourth; Smith, WR Roy Hall and DL Jay Richardson in the fifth; and OL Doug Datish in thesixth.) As with the USC class, the initial headliner of this group -- LB Mike D'Andrea -- never developed into a star.

3. Florida Gators, 2006:

Calling this "the Tebow class" would take away from the depth of this group, which won two national titles and had three 13-1 seasons. Tim Tebow was the big star, but LB Brandon Spikes also had an excellent career, as did WR/RB PercyHarvin, who was a huge threat for the Gators and appears headed for a big NFL career. That is quite a big three. WR Riley Cooper was Tebow's go-to receiver in 2009, while DE Jermaine Cunningham led the Gators' D-line the past threeseasons. Carl Johnson and Marcus Gilbert have proved to be solid starters on the O-line, and KR Brandon James was a special-teams star.

4. Texas Longhorns, 2002:

Vince Young was signed in this class, and thanks in large part to the star quarterback, the Horns ended their long national-title drought. Young'ssupporting cast wasn't bad, either. DB Aaron Ross was a first-round talent, and TE David Thomas was a consistent go-to guy. Both lines were bolstered bybig-timers, too: On offense it was Justin Blalock, Kasey Studdard and Lyle Sendlein; on the defensive front there was Rod Wright, Larry Dibbles and BrianRobison. Sadly, the first UT guy who made an impact there, DE Bryan Pickryl, had to retire from football because of injury.

5. Miami Hurricanes, 2001:

The Canes had better classes a few years earlier, but this group won one national title and played for another. RB Frank Gore was the team'ssecond-leading rusher on the 2001 team and averaged over nine yards per carry, while Andrew Williams started at DE for half that season. Sean Taylor and KellenWinslow II were the stars of this class and did "three-and-outs," but DBs Antrel Rolle and Kelly Jennings also ended up as first-rounders. (The classactually had another first-rounder, but it was in the CFL draft -- DL Miguel Robede, a Canadian who didn't last long at UM, was the first overall pick inthe 2005 north-of-the-border draft. Other signees who were drafted: WR Roscoe Parrish and LB Rocky McIntosh in the second round; Gore, Williams, TE KevinEverett and OT Rashad Butler in the third; LB Leon Williams and DT Orien Harris in the fourth; and CB Marcus Maxey in the fifth.

6. Texas Longhorns, 2005:

This is the smallest great class of the decade. With the 15 signees in the 2005 class, Mack Brown batted about .800, which is an unreal percentage of keyplayers. The best of the bunch was QB Colt McCoy, the winningest quarterback inmajor college football history. This year's 13-1 team was also led by LB Roddrick Muckelroy, UT's leading tackler, and O-linemen Chris Hall and Charlie Tanner (both three-year starters). Sixplayers who were already gone from the UT program had very good careers with five of them playing in the NFL (among that group WR Quan Cosby; RB JamaalCharles; DT Roy Miller and TE Jermichael Finley). Aaron Lewis, the one of the sixnot in the NFL this season, actually started 15 games at UT.

7. Alabama Crimson Tide, 2008:

This is a huge class with 32 signees, so it's tricky to compare with UT's 2005 class, which isn't even half as big. Still, I expect this classto improve over time because many of the recruits are still settling in at Bama. That said, a big part of the Tide's national title team came from thisclass. Mark Ingram has already won a Heisman. NT Terrence Cody was a force on the defense and on special teams. DLMarcel Dareus, a rising star, had the two biggest plays in the BCS title game. WR JulioJones seems on track to become a first-round pick. DB Mark Barron and LB Dont'a Hightower both look like future All-Americans, while DB Robby Green andOL Barrett Jones have already proved to be important contributors.

8. Oklahoma Sooners, 2006:

This group didn't win any national titles, but it produced a Heisman winner, two 11-win seasons and one 12-win season. Sam Bradford had two great seasons, but this year's run at another Heisman was derailedby injury. Jermaine Gresham also was sidelined for 2009, but the tight end still hadtwo superb seasons, catching 25 TDs in the past two years. Gerald McCoy was a three-year starter and anchored the D; next toNdamukong Suh, he was the best defensive tackle in thecountry in 2009. OT Trent Williams was an All-American thisseason. DB Dominique Franks made All-Big 12 the past two seasons. DeMarco Murray isanother guy who has battled injury but still has been a star all-purpose back. He is one of several OU signees from '06 with a chance to be an All-Americanin 2010, along with pass-rushing star Jeremy Beal and safety Quinton Carter, the team's No. 2 tackler this fall.

9. LSU Tigers, 2004:

The 2003 Tigers class has plenty of star power, too, with four 2007 first-rounders (JaMarcus Russell, LaRon Landry, Craig Davis and Dwayne Bowe) and plentyof depth. DT Glenn Dorsey was a dominant force -- and so was fellow first-rounder Tyson Jackson. The class also produced four third-rounders: DB ChevisJackson, RB Jacob Hester, WR Early Doucet and DL Claude Wroten. DB Craig Steltz was a fourth-rounder, and Harry Coleman was the 2009 Tigers MVP.

10. Wake Forest Demon Deacons, 2004:

I was tempted to go with the Florida 2007 class or Georgia's 2007 group or even Georgia Tech's 2007 bunch, but felt that Wake deserved thespotlight. This is the wild-card class of the decade. There were only 18 signees. The class wasn't even ranked in the top 90 nationally, yet it producedthree All-Americans: LB Aaron Curry, a three-time all-conference selection, an All-American and the recipient of the 2008 Butkus Award; CB Alphonso Smith, wholeft Wake Forest as the ACC's career leader in interceptions with 21; and kicker-punter Sam Swank, who was a three-time semifinalist for the Groza Award.Better still, Chip Vaughn was a two-year starter and an All-ACC DB, DE Jeremy Thompson started 32 games for Wake, and LB Stan Arnoux was a four-year starter.DB Kevin Patterson and LB Chantz McClinic also were key reasons why this team won an ACC title. Wake was 22-25 in the previous four years before this class hitthe field and 32-19 with them. An even better selling point: This class sparked three bowl trips, which may not sound all that impressive until you considerthat Wake had only been to three bowls in the previous 25 years before this class arrived. Here's a good story on how Wake recruits by my friend Ryan McGee.

wait

are you guys saying Miami standards are high like ND or that ND standards are lower then people report?

10. Wake Forest Demon Deacons, 2004:

I was tempted to go with the Florida 2007 class or Georgia's 2007 group or even Georgia Tech's 2007 bunch, but felt that Wake deserved the spotlight. This is the wild-card class of the decade. There were only 18 signees. The class wasn't even ranked in the top 90 nationally, yet it produced three All-Americans: LB Aaron Curry, a three-time all-conference selection, an All-American and the recipient of the 2008 Butkus Award; CB Alphonso Smith, who left Wake Forest as the ACC's career leader in interceptions with 21; and kicker-punter Sam Swank, who was a three-time semifinalist for the Groza Award. Better still, Chip Vaughn was a two-year starter and an All-ACC DB, DE Jeremy Thompson started 32 games for Wake, and LB Stan Arnoux was a four-year starter. DB Kevin Patterson and LB Chantz McClinic also were key reasons why this team won an ACC title. Wake was 22-25 in the previous four years before this class hit the field and 32-19 with them. An even better selling point: This class sparked three bowl trips, which may not sound all that impressive until you consider that Wake had only been to three bowls in the previous 25 years before this class arrived. Here's a good story on how Wake recruits by my friend Ryan McGee.

eek.gif
Gad Damn!

Jim Grobe
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom