09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

wait

are you guys saying Miami standards are high like ND or that ND standards are lower then people report?

They're almost the same. ND is obviously a harder school to get into but as far as athletics go....standards are almost the same. SN is cane33

I don't think a lot of people know that Miami is a tier 1, top 50 school in the nation...they may use some special admissions on some players, but I couldsee Miami having some higher standards for the most part...

Miami's academics are beyond reproach

Ahmad Dixon is a schizo
laugh.gif

He's tellin us Vols are back in it. and Willie Mack is doing an in home right now.

Loften is lovin Vols. lets get these texas Boys...

Ducks fans, who is this Rivera cat who plays TE from Juco? he's an Oregon verbal and tonite is the 1st Ive heard of him, he is taking a knoxville visitthis weekend

Dixon been committed four different times...
laugh.gif
He gonna go through all this and not even qualify.

he was one inch away from qualifying for the US olympic trials in the High Jump

6'4 plus over a 40 Vert ...

he built like AJ Green tho

There's no love lost between Tennessee fans and Lane Kiffin.

Knoxville attorney Drew McElroy has filed paperwork with the Knoxville City Council's Public Properties and Facilities Naming Committee to rename a waste water treatment plant the "Lane Kiffin Sewage Center," according to the Louisville Courier-Journal.

"It dawned on me -- Lane Kiffin told us that he hoped the fans would understand. I thought 'Well, naming the wastewater plant for him would let him know, I think very clearly, we do understand,'" McElroy told the paper. "We want to memorialize his stay here, and I think this would be doing it appropriately."

Kiffin was the Vols' football coach for just over a year before leaving Tennessee to take the head coaching job at USC.

McElroy told the Courier-Journal he wrote a $262 check for the application fee and mailed it to the City Council's Clerk last week.

"We don't have to rename the entire facility after him, just a part of it," he said.

How would the plan be received by the community at large? One member might offer a clue.

"I think it'd be very fitting," said UT student Paul Mills said, according to the paper. "He's definitely garbage."

laugh.gif

That's hilarious.
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]Checking That List Twice
premium.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]This story originally published on SuperPrep.com[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
766962.jpg

Christian Bryant
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]
By Allen Wallace

National Recruiting Editor
Posted Jan 20, 2010
[/td] [td]
697379.jpg

[/td] [/tr][/table]

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...{{title}} {{url}}&lng=en&uid=4a3d868a2fb9f4e3 http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...n a pros/cons..."&lng=en&uid=4a3d868a2fb9f4e3 http://www.blogger.com/blog_this.py....com/2/939680.html&n=Checking That List Twice http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/939680.html#email-a-friend-window http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=10&c=939680&refid=4781 | More

Ohio cornerback Christian Bryant still plans to make his commitment announcement at a press conference at his high school on Jan. 26. It's strictly Ohio State and North Carolina. "These are the final two," Bryant said. "They each had what I was looking for and are what I want in a school. Right now I can't choose. I don't even know. It's 50/50. My parents and I are working on a pros/cons..."
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Christian Bryant, the 5-foot-10, 175-pound four-star cornerback from Glenville High School in Cleveland, Ohio, will be making his final announcement at a press conference at his high school on Jan. 26. As previously reported, he will decide between Ohio State and North Carolina.
"These are the final two," Bryant said. "They each had what I was looking for and are what I want in a school. Right now I can't choose. I don't even know. It's 50/50."

So how is Bryant going to decide between the Buckeyes and Tar Heels? "My parents and I are working on a pros/cons list and both are really close right now. I'm gonna pray on it and just hope that Gods leads the way for me. I'll try to see what I feel in my heart."

Bryant, ranked as the No. 8 cornerback in the country by Scout.com, just visited North Carolina on Jan. 15. "It was a great visit," he said. "I liked it a lot. I love all the people there and the coaches were really impressive. They seemed like they keep it real."

He says he also likes the Tar Heels defense. "They run a good scheme," he said. "The defensive coordinator (Everett Withers) is very good and I like how he develops players. I like how they let their backs make plays and they said they love how physical I am."

Besides the program itself, Bryant says he liked the location and weather of North Carolina. "The weather was real nice," he said. "It's winter and in Ohio, I'm not used to nice weather in January.

"It's also a real beautiful campus," he said. "It's not too big. It's easy to get around and you can walk everywhere."

North Carolina head coach Butch Davis is expected to visit Bryant at home on Sunday, Jan. 24.

He is also expecting an in-home visit from Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel on Monday, Jan. 25.

"Ohio State has it all," he said about the Buckeyes. "I love the defense and just thinking about their tradition and the chance to play there is amazing. They're always in the big bowl games and never have a down year."

Bryant visited the Buckeyes officially on Dec. 12.

He also visited Michigan State on Oct. 24, but is no longer considering the Spartans.

Bryant reports a 3.3 core GPA and 16 ACT, which he plans to retake in April.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Bryant would be a huge get for us, but it's going to be a tough pull to get a Glenville kid away from OSU. Buckeyes fans what yall think?

Markeith is this yrs David Oku, some days he likes Vols some days he doesnt. He told Corey Miller he's visiting Vols this Saturday. we'll see

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Miami's academics are beyond reproach

Ahmad Dixon is a schizo
laugh.gif

He's tellin us Vols are back in it. and Willie Mack is doing an in home right now.

Loften is lovin Vols. lets get these texas Boys...

Ducks fans, who is this Rivera cat who plays TE from Juco? he's an Oregon verbal and tonite is the 1st Ive heard of him, he is taking a knoxville visit this weekend
GUNNA, you talking about this guy? http://oregon.scout.com/a...&c=1&nid=2938924

He's the only TE named Rivera that I've heard of being connected to Oregon in a few years...

EDIT: He transferred btw (last year sometime)

Heard Louis is for sure visiting VT this weekend. Florida is definitely out of the picture even though earlier I heard he was gonna visit there again.

Apparently Ohio St. is still in the lead but we have a shot.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Bryant would be a huge get for us, but it's going to be a tough pull to get a Glenville kid away from OSU. Buckeyes fans what yall think?
Buckeye. A lot of Glenville kids play the recruiting game...Marcus Hall did the same thing last year even Teddy Ginn flirted with USC for awhile.

Plus...he's committing at Glenville High School. You don't announce at Glenville and choose a school other than Ohio State.
laugh.gif

If Christian Bryant chooses UNC, I will actually start believing in the Ted Ginn Sr. doesn't try to get his kids to go to tO$U theory.

This kid has had Buckeye written all over him for 2 years now...he is also the goods. Most Glenville fans will tell you he is a better football player thanLatwan Anderson.

I'm also interested on the Sean Parker news regarding his OV to SC...
nerd.gif

How does OSU's depth chart at CB look?

One thing that might tempt him to come to UNC would be the fact that we're losing two starting senior CBs after next year and the oldest returning playerwould be a redshirt junior. So if he comes in and shows out he could see the field early.

I'll let a Buckeye way in on the depth chart in full detail, but both of their corners will be gone after this year as well (Checkwa and Torrence).

And I don't think it really matters. Christian Bryant will see early playing time no matter where he goes. He is one Glenville prospect who is actuallyunderrated IMO.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

I'll let a Buckeye way in on the depth chart in full detail, but both of their corners will be gone after this year as well (Checkwa and Torrence).

And I don't think it really matters. Christian Bryant will see early playing time no matter where he goes. He is one Glenville prospect who is actually underrated IMO.
This.

Back
Top Bottom