09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

RR needs to stop having 17 commits before the season starts too and stop taking verbala from kids who haven't visited. That's what pisses me off.

The class us decent especially since we have been BAD the past 2 years. Get W s and everything will come back. That's all that needs to happen for us to get back to getting the top notch kid. Getting heavy into FL is going to help a ton.

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Now I've been trying to follow college football a lil more. Can someone tell me why 3 of the TOP 10 WR's all want to go to USC.. I can understand 2.. Same thing with Texas getting 3 top 10 Outside linebackers.. Same thing when Mcknight and Marc Tyler both committed to USC at the RB position. And when they got 4 Top 10 safeties all in the same year .. I don't understand the reasoning behind these students putting themselves at a disadvantage so early to get playing time... Most are going to transfer anyways..

Is it mainly the prestige of the school that's drawing them. My main interest would be playing time and the coaches prestige. Shed some light..

Top schools so they know they're going to get lots of visibility and exposure to pro scouts, plus the prestige of the program has a lot to do with it.  They also form bonds with these schools and coaches over the two or so (unofficial) years they'll be recruited and that affects their decision a lot.  All these Florida kids don't necessarily want to be in Gainesville over Tallahassee or Coral Gables, they just want to play for Urban Meyer and win championships.

In regards to SC and UT, those are also in two incredible cities (LA and Austin) and that plays a big part in swaying a kid who might otherwise flourish in say Mike Leach's Air Raid offense, because he realizes Lubbock is a dust ball.

Plus most of them are ego-maniacs anyway and convinced they can beat out everyone else on the roster to start day 1.  Just look at Emmanuel Moody
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Munchie Legaux to cinicinnati Bearcats

What kind of potential does he have?

Miami tried to get in on Rodney Lozano at the last minute, but he stuck with UC.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Another criminole with armed robbery charges under his belt. How fitting.
laugh.gif

Yep, you mad. fgdjgfdgdsgdsfgst
roll.gif

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Now I've beentrying to follow college football a lil more. Can someone tell me why 3of the TOP 10 WR's all want to go to USC.. I can understand 2.. Samething with Texas getting 3 top 10 Outside linebackers.. Same thing whenMcknight and Marc Tyler both committed to USC at the RB position. Andwhen they got 4 Top 10 safeties all in the same year .. I don'tunderstand the reasoning behind these students putting themselves at adisadvantage so early to get playing time... Most are going to transferanyways..

Is it mainly the prestige of the school that's drawing them. My maininterest would be playing time and the coaches prestige. Shed somelight..
Competition breeds excellence.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Still can't fathom why dudes picked Cal.

Oh well.
We U$C'd Allen, you dropped King, and McCain... i dunno, liked blue better? sure. we'll go with that.

Originally Posted by StackJaxx

Oh well.
We U$C'd Allen, you dropped King, and McCain... i dunno, liked blue better? sure. we'll go with that.
Haha
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'll buy that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by StackJaxx

Oh well.
Haha
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'll buy that
laugh.gif

I mean i was okay with getting 2/3 of them, but ill take McCain, im not complaining.
And usually i'd laugh at the irony of an U$C fan bringing up cash for commitment, but if it lets us get us into a bowl game that actually matters, im chill with it. 

On a side note, enjoy the sanctions.

Originally Posted by Mikeknows

And why would seastuck pick Oregon?

We all know why tho

news on Riley USC fans?
Who the !!%* is seastuck?

We all know why tho

news on Riley USC fans?

No word on Riley, it's been tight lipped since last night.  UCLA or USC.  We'll find out later tonight.  I wouldn't want to play poker against Riley.

On that note, that is why I find the "They are catching up in talent with USC comments?"
laugh.gif
, of course, boosters at other Pac 10 schools ESPECIALLY Oregon and Cal are finally opening up those fat wallets.  That is why they are getting all these kids to those schools.  Nobody wanted to go to Oregon before, now that it is Nike U, kids want to go there.  Cal wants to get over the hump, and I'm sure Stanford's success last season didn't sit well in Berkeley.

College sports is a dirty $@@ game, you either play or sit the sidelines.  To the victor goes the spoils
smokin.gif

And usually i'd laugh at the irony of an U$C fan bringing up cash for commitment, but if it lets us get us into a bowl game that actually matters, im chill with it.
What irony?  It's the truth, that is the reason Cal got Allen.

I got no problem with it, I say it every chance I get on here that it's the way major college sports is.

What is ironic is that most people post U$C and tO$U, when they root for Michigan, Cal, UCLA, etc?  Major programs that are doing the same damn thing
laugh.gif
.  That is irony.

Originally Posted by BartVader

Christian Green and I`m good
pimp.gif

Lemonier/Smith pissed me off though..
yea its too bad we couldnt get at least one of them.  But im still happy with the class we are bringing in.  I just can't believe New Mexico out of all places
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

We all know why tho

news on Riley USC fans?

No word on Riley, it's been tight lipped since last night.  UCLA or USC.  We'll find out later tonight.  I wouldn't want to play poker against Riley.

On that note, that is why I find the "They are catching up in talent with USC comments?"
laugh.gif
, of course, boosters at other Pac 10 schools ESPECIALLY Oregon and Cal are finally opening up those fat wallets.  That is why they are getting all these kids to those schools.  Nobody wanted to go to Oregon before, now that it is Nike U, kids want to go there.  Cal wants to get over the hump, and I'm sure Stanford's success last season didn't sit well in Berkeley.

College sports is a dirty $@@ game, you either play or sit the sidelines.  To the victor goes the spoils
smokin.gif

What irony?  It's the truth, that is the reason Cal got Allen.

I got no problem with it, I say it every chance I get on here that it's the way major college sports is.

What is ironic is that most people post U$C and tO$U, when they root for Michigan, Cal, UCLA, etc?  Major programs that are doing the same damn thing
laugh.gif
.  That is irony.

Whoa. My bad for stepping to you like that. A usc fan with sense that admits that they pay for play? im truly honored to meet you, i thought you were the typical sc fan who is in full scale denial. thank you for your honesty. Ironman, your good by me.
Riley to UCLA, just a feeling.

what's the stone face for? A kid from the south picks cal and you question it but a rb from Texas who all the big schools down there won't touch shouldn't be question?

Back
Top Bottom