09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

The Freep is about to fold and is trying to make money. That's been known for a minute. They ONLY go after Michigan and not Sparty. They write pieces about MD and how courgeous he was for kicking dudes off. Glenn and Jenrette both had time facing them when they were playing. Not a big issue apprently.

RR will not be around much longer IMO and it sucks. Think he can win hear but Brandon will cut him loose soon IMO. The program is a target but if they were winning they wouldn't so he better just win for his own sake.

Dorseys risk is worth it tho Gunna. He will ball up here and possibly buy RR more time. Not gonna do it by hinself but he is the type of guy on field that can do things quickly.

Also, DD did these things and u have to expect that things in ur past (espec arrests) will be easy pickings for the media so be ready. Not feeling sorry for him at all. Don't do these that are clearly illegal and u won't be branded as such. Good thing for him he has time to grow up and move on and he seems to be saying that is what he will do.

Carr might have not recruited him but then again Carr didn't do much recruiting anyways these last 5 years so I would bot doubt a cat slipped thru the cracks with a bad past. Hell Marlin was brawling and breaking bottles on mens faces. Currys were getting into beef quite a bit. Harrison was jacking off on sarorities front porches.

RR has shown cats get the boot if they screw up. Just like Crr sometimes did. Dantonio let's them walk onto the field once their done wit their bid

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Everett Golson is having a press conference to verbal to UNC tomorrow...[wipes tears from eyes]
Wooooooow
eek.gif

How y'all let UNC swoop him?

But luckily for your, a Jr. Year commitment can still be swayed. But damn.
I highly doubt that Golson's commitment will waiver. This kid loves UNC...

[table][tr][td]Golson Announcing Friday[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
734905.jpg

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[table][tr][td]
By http:///search.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=4&c=1&search=1&sskey=%22">http://search.scout.com/a...p;search=1&sskey="' + author + '%22&sssiteid=78&type=2';">Don Callahan

Inside Carolina
Posted Feb 4, 2010
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...{{title}} {{url}}&lng=en&uid=4a3d868a2fb9f4e3http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...s have confirmed.&lng=en&uid=4a3d868a2fb9f4e3http://www.blogger.com/blog_this.py....com/2/944225.html&n=Golson Announcing Fridayhttp://northcarolina.scout.com/2/944225.html#email-a-friend-windowhttp://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=10&c=944225&refid=4781|More

Everett Golson willmake a verbal commitment Friday at 3:45 pm during a press conferenceheld at Myrtle Beach (S.C.) High School, sources have confirmed.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Golson, a 5-foot-11, 161-pound quarterback,has collected nearly 25 scholarship offers. However, he has listedNorth Carolina, his childhood favorite, as his leader since thebeginning of his recruitment.
“It just has always been my dream school,
[/td][/tr][/table]

He spent the better part of two months, beginning with the Texas game, looking for a way out
  Mannn that was obvious. it was more than 2 months he wanted out.  No one from A&M  wanted to see it but it was right in front of their faces

Latwan Anderson's recruitment is all over the place right now, and he may end up at UC due to OSU not having any room for him.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

He spent the better part of two months, beginning with the Texas game, looking for a way out
Mannn that was obvious. it was more than 2 months he wanted out.  No one from A&M  wanted to see it but it was right in front of their faces
It may have been but even with that, he was never going to Tennessee or UNC or Minnesota or wherever else he talked about visiting... Parents wanted him close to home. If they weren't OK with it, he wasn't switching... He wanted Texas, Texas wanted Hicks, and Texas doesn't play nice with guys that spurn them early on anyways. Oklahoma came in late and was the perfect exit strategy... Dude could just come out and say it though and stop throwing out BS like "they don't have a LB coach." "Oklahoma laid out a plan for my career" etc... Nobody gonna blame you if you say you felt Oklahoma was better for your career...

I still don't get why the Texas game was such a kick in the crouch... Everybody knew damn well they weren't good on defense. Everybody knew by then Joe Kines was a lame duck and half that staff wouldn't be back... Everybody knew aside from Von Miller and a couple of young guys in the secondary, they weren't very talented... Corey knew all that long before he committed...

He strung A&M along, but I guess that's how it goes... There's a lot of rumors out there that go WAY beyond this story, too...

But it's mind-boggling that it has taken Mike Sherman this long to pull together a coaching staff...
sick.gif
They been done playing almost 6 weeks and he's hired a coordinator and a DL coach... Supposedly Dat Nguyen is coming in for an interview next week, but why the @@@$ did it take so long?

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

on the Arthur Brown transfer watch, don't be surprise if it's Tennessee. We are not saying it will be but we won't be shocked if it is. Bryce likes it in Knoxville and his brother has been in Knoxville recently.

thats what Brent just had to say a cple minutes ago

So ever since Dorsey signed w/ UofM the press has been on RR abouttaking him because of his "criminal record." Drew Sharp of the DetroitFree Press pretty much attacked the kid. So now the family apparentlyhas a lawyer and is going after whoever started it. Idk if they'regoing after someone in Florida or the Freep but its BS that this kidhas to go thru this cuz some *!$@%%% has and agenda against RR. Ipersonally could careless what he has done, he's been cleared ofeverything and has no criminal record. Bill Martin/David Brandon needsto start sticking up for RR and this program and banning these fools w/agendas.

thats a Bold faced Lie. 
smh.gif

His arrests are PUBLIC RECORD. Broward  County Court Clerk is available to anyone with a phone or a computer, just like any other county in America.

Actually just one of the charges is a matter of public record.  The other two should have been sealed because he was charged as a juvenile.  Don't quote me on it since I don't know the law in FL, but that's usually how its goes down.

Link

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

It may have been but even with that, he was never going to Tennessee or UNC or Minnesota or wherever else he talked about visiting... Parents wanted him close to home. If they weren't OK with it, he wasn't switching... He wanted Texas, Texas wanted Hicks, and Texas doesn't play nice with guys that spurn them early on anyways. Oklahoma came in late and was the perfect exit strategy... Dude could just come out and say it though and stop throwing out BS like "they don't have a LB coach." "Oklahoma laid out a plan for my career" etc... Nobody gonna blame you if you say you felt Oklahoma was better for your career...

I still don't get why the Texas game was such a kick in the crouch... Everybody knew damn well they weren't good on defense. Everybody knew by then Joe Kines was a lame duck and half that staff wouldn't be back... Everybody knew aside from Von Miller and a couple of young guys in the secondary, they weren't very talented... Corey knew all that long before he committed...

He strung A&M along, but I guess that's how it goes... There's a lot of rumors out there that go WAY beyond this story, too...

But it's mind-boggling that it has taken Mike Sherman this long to pull together a coaching staff...
sick.gif
They been done playing almost 6 weeks and he's hired a coordinator and a DL coach... Supposedly Dat Nguyen is coming in for an interview next week, but why the @@@$ did it take so long?

Pretty much. I don't care that Corey Nelson switched to OU. That's a good move for his future (maybe). I care that all along throughout the process he claimed about how integrity was so important to his family, and how honesty was really important in his family, blah blah blah. Then when it comes down to it, not even a trace of any of those characteristics could be found in that kid.

If he would have just come out and said "I'm going to Oklahoma, it's better for my career," I don't know how anybody could be mad about that. Going to A&M as a defensive player is like going to football hell. But don't string us along and act like you're 100% solid - and even say it publicly - then leave us at the altar at the 11th hour.

I found it quite comical that Sherman's backup plan was to woo a kid by asking him to pay his own way for a semester
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tmay407

I found it quite comical that Sherman's backup plan was to woo a kid by asking him to pay his own way for a semester
laugh.gif
They're better off holding onto that ship for next year than panicking and offering a kid whose only offers were Air Force and Baylor...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Latwan Anderson's recruitment is all over the place right now, and he may end up at UC due to OSU not having any room for him.
Ohio State has room...

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

Ohio State has room...

They're not holding a spot for him at this point though, although things could change.

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

Ohio State has room...

They're not holding a spot for him at this point though, although things could change.
Bingo.

At this point, I hope they stick to their guns and tell Latwan he had his chance...bank the scholarship for next year. '11 class in Ohio is absolutely loaded.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

on the Arthur Brown transfer watch, don't be surprise if it's Tennessee. We are not saying it will be but we won't be shocked if it is. Bryce likes it in Knoxville and his brother has been in Knoxville recently.

thats what Brent just had to say a cple minutes ago

So ever since Dorsey signed w/ UofM the press has been on RR abouttaking him because of his "criminal record." Drew Sharp of the DetroitFree Press pretty much attacked the kid. So now the family apparentlyhas a lawyer and is going after whoever started it. Idk if they'regoing after someone in Florida or the Freep but its BS that this kidhas to go thru this cuz some *!$@%%% has and agenda against RR. Ipersonally could careless what he has done, he's been cleared ofeverything and has no criminal record. Bill Martin/David Brandon needsto start sticking up for RR and this program and banning these fools w/agendas.

thats a Bold faced Lie. 
smh.gif

His arrests are PUBLIC RECORD. Broward  County Court Clerk is available to anyone with a phone or a computer, just like any other county in America.
Actually just one of the charges is a matter of public record.  The other two should have been sealed because he was charged as a juvenile.  Don't quote me on it since I don't know the law in FL, but that's usually how its goes down.

Link

I think the problem is not the arrests, but the outcome.  The court website doesn't give the rulings, just the charge.  That in itself doesn't look good, but i still hold that juvenile convictions are sealed.  One of his cases he was charged as an adult and was ultimately acquitted.  Apparently 2(?) more where he was charged as a juvenile and presumably received some sort of punishment.  Regardless, a defamation suit would be almost impossible to prove me thinks.
Hell Marlin was brawling and breaking bottles on mens faces.
I believe that went to court and all charges were dropped because the dude was making it all up trying to get a quick buck.

But more to your point, even Arrington had his problems at Mich.  Every school has kids that get into trouble.  Every school recruits kids with priors.

All I've seen about Dorsey is he's been acquitted or the charges were dropped on everything he's been charged of. I'm gonna go and look up everything this kid has done cuz all I care about is his productivity on the field. If he does screw up while at UofM then thats gonna be bad and look bad on RRod's part and I guess you have to cut the kid loose.. The Freep has it in for RRod and this is just more fuel to their fire. The most frustrating part is the lack of support from the University itself and the alumni support being divided. All the reporters who have an agenda should be banned. Its frustrating to say cuz I want RRod to succeed here but his days are pretty much numbered.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Everett Golson is having a press conference to verbal to UNC tomorrow...[wipes tears from eyes]
Wooooooow
eek.gif

How y'all let UNC swoop him?

But luckily for your, a Jr. Year commitment can still be swayed. But damn.
UNC's always been his dream school, since he is a great PG prospect as well and wants to play basketball wherever he goes. We can't really compete with that (even though we just beat UNC last night, their B-ball program is ten levels above ours). Even though we were on him since 8th grade, he probably wanted to go to UNC ever since he was a little kid.

Of course Kevin Newsome grew up with VT as his dream school...then decided to go to Michigan and then Penn State
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Why doesn't it ever work out in our favor?
smh.gif

laugh.gif
@ ESPN calling the David Sills story "child abuse" *%$!$ holler at his parents about that, because this kid has been primed and prepped for this apparently his whole life. Parents spending thousands on camps, extra coaching from clarkson, etc.. Quote from his dad saying something like the money hes been spending might make it so "he doesnt have to pay for college one day"

Coach Clarkson said this kid is THE exception and that he will be the biggest high school prep star of all time. I guess we'll see about that but the general publics outcry is ridiculous seeing as this is exactly what the kid and his parents want. I watched some footage of him at a camp when he was 11 out there playing with high schoolers and rocking a SC tee and shorts...

The most frustrating part is the lack of support from the Universityitself and the alumni support being divided. All the reporters who havean agenda should be banned. Its frustrating to say cuz I want RRod tosucceed here but his days are pretty much numbered.

QFT...every single last word of it.  The writing is on the wall.  He is done.  I honestly blame Lloyd for a lot of this mess.  He has let me down a ton as far as not being there for Rich Rod and having his back publicly.  The whole Braylon Edwards "Lloyd Carr's University of Michigan" on MNF is ridiculous.
smh.gif
  I know if Bo was still alive, these shenanigans wouldn't be taking place.  Like I said previously, he's never had a fair shot since the day he was hired.  Only way he keeps his job is if he beats tOSU and wins the Big Ten IMO (which ain't happening).
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
smh.gif

This will be our head coach next year, and I'm not sure what to think about it:

jharbaugh.jpg
jim-harbaugh.jpg

I know my man
0817_large.jpg

will be furious, which is a damn shame because he's said he wants to coach the UofM backs in the future.
tired.gif

Word is AB got kicked out of school because of some domestic dispute with his GF in the dorms or something. Apparently he locked her in the dorm room and the cops were called, etc. Instead of making the school look bad they chose to cover it up and now he's no longer enrolled at school.

Not sure I buy it though.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

If harbqugh ever becomes our HC our university is a complete joke.
I know he had some quotes that knocked UM...but never really followed the story. What did he say?...and is that the only reason you don't want him as a coach?

I'm not defending offering a 13 year old a scholly. I will not get onto it too deeply since I'm on my phone.

How is setting up your kid for a bright future child abuse?

Is any different than parents forcing their kids to piano lessons, ballet and other forms of fine arts not considered abuse?

I love how ESPN continues to CREATE news.

The parents are setting this kid up to succeed. How is it diffrwnt from all those teens on the Disney channel that don't even go to school.

Sports is a profession a lucrative one. Isn't that what school is about?

Harbaugh accused us of lowering our academic standards for athletes, which idk I would imagine that does happen at a lot of schools but to accuse your Alma mater of that and throw us under the bus is bs.

I always wondered what wouldve happened to michigan if richrod was in tuscaloosa right now.
imo harbaugh would be a great hire. But i dont see anyway thats gonna happen - and thats if richrod gets the boot.

Maybe if UM gets rid of CRR they'll make another run at Les Miles. He'd be more inclined to take it this time around since that NC honeymoon is starting to die down.

Back
Top Bottom