1,700 Workers Laid Off via Conference Call

Originally Posted by Nako XL

up-in-the-air-movie-review1.jpg
yet to see it. heard was really good.

Can you imagine the emotions going down at that office. That could of started a riot.... surpurised it didn't

Can you imagine the emotions going down at that office. That could of started a riot.... surpurised it didn't

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Sad, but that's life[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].[/color] At least they paid them throught the end of the month with extra pay.

No heck it aint.

That's exactly what these stupid lil companies want you to think so that when you get terminated, you wont complain. Don't become complacent.

Nothing about the way they treat their employees is "life."

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Sad, but that's life[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].[/color] At least they paid them throught the end of the month with extra pay.

No heck it aint.

That's exactly what these stupid lil companies want you to think so that when you get terminated, you wont complain. Don't become complacent.

Nothing about the way they treat their employees is "life."

thats surprising to me, i work in a pharmacy and sanofi-aventis makes a good amount of blockbuster products that gets prescribed alot.

thats surprising to me, i work in a pharmacy and sanofi-aventis makes a good amount of blockbuster products that gets prescribed alot.

13 weeks severence is pretty good these days and firing in December is pretty standard at least in my industry (YE bonuses and other benefits that the company is charged for in the new year that don't immediately end if an employee is terminated).

Yea its brutal but the company doesn't have much better options for mass layoffs. Do you start calling in people 1 by 1? Do you announce it and then slowly weed people out? How long does either of those take? How long does it take for word to get out that layoffs are happeneing on the first day? How many days do employees have to sit at their  desks in fear, probably not working, wondering if they are gonna get called in. How many good employees that weren't getting fired strt looking for jobs and potential leave.

13 weeks severence is pretty good these days and firing in December is pretty standard at least in my industry (YE bonuses and other benefits that the company is charged for in the new year that don't immediately end if an employee is terminated).

Yea its brutal but the company doesn't have much better options for mass layoffs. Do you start calling in people 1 by 1? Do you announce it and then slowly weed people out? How long does either of those take? How long does it take for word to get out that layoffs are happeneing on the first day? How many days do employees have to sit at their  desks in fear, probably not working, wondering if they are gonna get called in. How many good employees that weren't getting fired strt looking for jobs and potential leave.

Back
Top Bottom