*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

NobleKane:
23ska909red02:
NobleKane:
what the hell is matt barnes on? son is notpaying attention out there
Nah, dog. No way. Dude was out there hustlin. The block on Melo on the iso, out of bounds off Amare, the pass to Murphy underneath after bailing Kobe out from being dead in the pinch post… dude did work. Pick someone else to whine about this game. Luke, Fish, someone else.
laugh.gif

there were two times back to back where he wasnt paying attention and it resulted in two turnovers... the game was over with but dude was out there looking like he was on the crack...
He probably did.
laugh.gif
I've caught him doing that same exact thing sometimes.
laugh.gif
I thought you were talking about his overall game tonight, like overall he wasn't paying attention or something.

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

what did bynum do? i missed it.
This. What's he up to now? Last time I heard bad news about him was the handicapped parking issue.
nerd.gif

He recently got some traffic violations and of course that infamous incident of him parking at the handicapped space a couple months back. 

^ There was one play in the 4th where Blake passed the ball to Barnes... dude wasn't even in the same room. Offensive awareness needs work, perhaps?
laugh.gif

When Bynum comes back what line-up do you guys prefer during 4th qtr/Crunch time?

Fish, Kobe, MWP, Gasol, Bynum

or

Blake, Kobe, MWP, McRoberts, Gasol

I hope Mr. Potato head mix it up a little.. i'm liking Mcroberts hustle/energy and if Blake continues to knock down shots then there's no reason for Fish to be in late games
laugh.gif

ZK1 read the latimes.com later today or tomorrow

T.J. Simers is going to roast him in his column calling him a "team cancer"

^ Fish, KB, MWP, Gasol, Bynum... but still not entrusting MWP to knock down 3s.
laugh.gif

Definitely like McRoberts' hustle, though.

zk1MPLS:
^ There was one play in the 4th where Blake passed the ball to Barnes... dude wasn't even in the same room. Offensive awareness needs work, perhaps?
laugh.gif

I know exactly what you're talking about.
laugh.gif
Barnes was on the left wing, Blake was to the left of the center of the 3-point line, and Barnes just took off right before Blake stopped, looked where Barnes should be, and threw what would've been a perfect pass if Barnes was paying attention.
laugh.gif

Denver will be tough game, lucky Bynum will play. lets go lakers btw im starting to like mike brown haha.

Anyone slowly forgetting about Odom? I feel that Murphy and McRoberts is making up a lot from missing Odom. I saw his stat line tonight against the Thunders and he looks like he's back to his inconsistencies, again.
[table][tr][th=""]
[/th][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][th=""]BENCH[/th][th=""]MIN[/th][th=""]FGM-A[/th][th=""]3PM-A[/th][th=""]FTM-A[/th][th=""]OREB[/th][th=""]DREB[/th][th=""]REB[/th][th=""]AST[/th][th=""]STL[/th][th=""]BLK[/th][th=""]TO[/th][th=""]PF[/th][th=""][/th][th=""]PTS[/th][/tr][tr][td]Lamar Odom, PF[/td][td]17[/td][td]2-11[/td][td]0-4[/td][td]0-0[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]-18[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][/table]
f1xegp.jpg
pimp.gif
....for now

McBob and Murphy were great signings for us. They make do certain things better than Lamar did, but of course Lamar also did certain things better than both of them.

Great game by Kobe, been saying he was going to have an MVP type season. Just hope he can stay healthy for the most part to do it.

Steve Blake and Ron been ballin, lets see how we play against Denver.

Originally Posted by Fearless

Denver will be tough game, lucky Bynum will play. lets go lakers btw im starting to like mike brown haha.
Without J.R. Smith I doubt it...

We are much bigger in the Front court. Deeper bench...

And their most legit scorer is Lawson

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Anyone slowly forgetting about Odom? I feel that Murphy and McRoberts is making up a lot from missing Odom. I saw his stat line tonight against the Thunders and he looks like he's back to his inconsistencies, again.
[table][tr][th=""]
[/th][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][th=""]BENCH[/th][th=""]MIN[/th][th=""]FGM-A[/th][th=""]3PM-A[/th][th=""]FTM-A[/th][th=""]OREB[/th][th=""]DREB[/th][th=""]REB[/th][th=""]AST[/th][th=""]STL[/th][th=""]BLK[/th][th=""]TO[/th][th=""]PF[/th][th=""][/th][th=""]PTS[/th][/tr][tr][td]Lamar Odom, PF[/td][td]17[/td][td]2-11[/td][td]0-4[/td][td]0-0[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]-18[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][/table]
f1xegp.jpg
pimp.gif
....for now

And they were saying that Odom showed up to their training camp out of shape.
Not surprised though. Heard the same stories during his time with the Lakers.

Like I said before on here I wasn't a Odom fan during his time with us.

Mark my words Mark Cuban won't be picking up his team option after this season when he's due around $9 million and Cuban wants to make a run at DWill this summer in free agency.

Great game tonight
pimp.gif

Kobes best game this year so far IMO
pimp.gif

Loved what Peace did in the first half...

McBob has been consistent so far this season...

Blake finding his stroke
pimp.gif

Soo Gilbert & Nate Robinson are still free agents....

We should sign 1, if not go for both.. Realistically we only need a guy to give 20 good minutes a game, and Fish & Blake would split the other 28..

And if lucky we could try to move one of them come trade deadline if we are making a move on D12 and/or DWill.

Nate and Gil will both be a $2-3.5 million a year contracts for the year if not signed soon.

-We may still not have a point guard and lost the versatility of Odom, but we have better hustle/role players with McBob and Murphy. They play hard, rebound and don't play outside of themselves. You need guys like that who do the dirty work and don't need plays run for them.

-Artest and Blake look a lot more comfortable in Brown's system than in the triangle. Ron went kinda off the rails in the second half, but it looks like he'll play a bigger role this year.

-If Blake can continue to shoot well from the outside, Fisher's role will hopefully diminish. Kapono looks like he's still getting into the swing of things but he provides another outside shooting threat to stretch the floor, which we just completely lacked altogether last year.

-I'm starting to become a big fan of Mike Brown. Still not totally used to Phil not being there, but I like what Brown brings as far as in-game coaching and holding guys accountable goes. We might not be the most talented or athletic team but neither were the Cavs and they were a great defensive team for years under Brown. Through 4 games so far we're holding teams to 38% from the field...I'll take that any day. And that's without Bynum.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

I never liked Nate I'm for Agent Zero if he helps us get Dwight. I really want Nash on this team.

Nate would more than Gil.   A Bynum + Nate + Trade Exception    is a better deal than  Bynum + Blake + Trade Exception..

There's no way the Magic take back Gil no matter what his contract is..

And that's where Nate comes in... He won't play significant minutes if we can hopefully sign both, maybe 12 a game. But he can score and goes off on some nights..

And when the time comes is a better player to package with Bynum for a deal for D12.

No to both those bums in Nate Robinson & Agent Zero.

I think we need a little more depth at the 4 and if we can get Kenyon Martin or AK47 whenever their over seas contracts are up why not take a chance on them for a cheap price?

Originally Posted by MR J 858

No to both those bums in Nate Robinson & Agent Zero.

I think we need a little more depth at the 4 and if we can get Kenyon Martin or AK47 whenever their over seas contracts are up why not take a chance on them for a cheap price?

I like the way you think 
pimp.gif

There are gonna be a decent set of Free Agents coming back from overseas come March....Wilson Chandler, Kenyon Martin, JR Smith, Aaron Brooks lead the list, with guys like Patty Mills and such being second tier......im hoping we can convince someone to take a short term contract for the rest of the season to boost our chances. 

Realistically, even if we don't get Dwight, and if Bynum stays healthy for the whole year (Big IF, i know) I honestly like our chances...and i've been saying this even before the season started.

Back
Top Bottom