*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

No no no and no. Amare soft talk starts RIGHT HERE. NBA season thread like 4 years ago I started that talk on here. Need to trademark that @#$% right quick.

[h1]OrlandoSentinel.com[/h1][h2]Magic are hoping teams might invest in Rent-a-Dwight[/h2][h3]More than likely, it's Andrew Bynum in deal[/h3]
Brian Schmitz

Magic Insider

10:55 PM EST, December 29, 2011

[table][tr][td]advertisement[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Want a superstar for a playoff run?!

Need a defensive player of the year?!

Can't fill all the seats in your arena?!

Come on down to Amway Center before we run out of exclamation points!

Yes, see us at Rent-a-Dwight!

Of course, we take trade-ins!....

The Magic are talking to more teams than the ones on Dwight Howard's wish list.

They will listen to anybody who is willing to take a risk and give up a few good men for Howard if he can lead them to the NBA Finals as a temp.

It's another reason why they will wait until the March 15 deadline to make a deal for Howard, after he's played 44 games in Orlando. His new team would land him for 22 games, plus the postseason.

Far-fetched?

Absolutely. Sounds more like a means to put pressure on the teams that Howard has approved (Nets, Mavericks, Lakers).

But the Magic think some teams might take a flyer, hoping they can convince Howard to re-sign with them.

Would the Heat part with Chris Bosh? Would the Thunder offer some sort of package of Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka, Kendrick Perkins and James Harden?

Could Chris Paul pressure the Clippers into offering Blake Griffin?

Might the Celtics sacrifice Rajon Rondo to rent Howard?

Then again, the Magic still believe there's a decent chance of keeping Howard. They have been staying in his ear. They are hoping a successful early run changes his mind. Even if he doesn't immediately re-sign, the Magic are trying to persuade him to finish his contract, which runs through 2012-13.

Yeah, sounds just as far-fetched.

The deals might get better closer to the deadline, but I still believe Andrew Bynum will be wearing a Magic uniform in the end.

They'll be monitoring Bynum, who returns from his four-game suspension on Saturday after serving time for a flagrant foul he committed last postseason.

Howard has been declared the winner of this supposed stare down with Orlando since he asked out. The Lakers will win because the Lakers always do in these matters, unless some commissioner steps in. (Duly noted.)

Bynum, when his head's on straight, his knees aligned and he's not in traffic court, might be the second-best center.

Now the risk between taking on Bynum's sore knees is as much a risk as taking on Nets center Brook Lopez's foot, which was broken the way Grant Hill's was broken.

But Bynum's the better player, and the Magic will still be getting back more than they did when Shaq bolted to L.A. in 1996, which was nothing.

Sure, the gap between Bynum and Howard is large, but it's Grand Canyonesque when you compare Howard to any other center.

As you might expect, the Lakers say they won't trade both Bynum and power forward Pau Gasol to the Magic or include them in a three-team trade. Maybe they're posturing, considering they already had agreed to ship out Gasol before David Stern vetoed the Chris Paul deal.

The Lakers (and Dwight) can simply wait until the Magic get desperate at the deadline.

Everyone knows the Magic are demanding compensation for Howard and have made it clear they are not rebuilding or, in General Manager Otis Smith's words, "going back to zero."

L.A. is not Howard's first choice because he doesn't want to be a Shaq copycat. But if he's sent to the Lakers, he will be pressured to commit long term.

Could you imagine Howard telling the Lakers he would not re-sign with them? How does he look the Black Mamba, Kobe Bryant, in the eye and say that he still wants to play in New Jersey?

Kobe doesn't want to rent. He wants to own.

[email protected].

Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2011, Orlando Sentinel

so then brook leaves to the suns when his contract is up?
laugh.gif

Magic just get it over with ship us D12 & Jameer  for Drew, Barnes & Trade exception.. And we will call it a fair deal
roll.gif

I know they want us to take Hedo but F THAT!

I doubt Magic will trade him to the Heat to rent, being as they are similar markets... No way OKC offers up RW, Harden, Perkins, Ibaka they will be an easy team to beat in the playoffs because they'd have very little scoring outside of KD & D12

I'm worried about 2 teams for D12 before trade deadline (Clippers, Chicago)..

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Essential1:
E3LAL:
So espn and lakers.com has the game at 3:30 eastern.  Is that true?
nerd.gif
Yup
My bad, fellas. I have the Lakers schedule on my phone; just forgot to edit that part of the title.

Yep....
12:30 Fam!!!
pimp.gif
 Probably the only game I'll catch this year due to deployment..unless we make a finals run. I should be back in late may!

So McRoberts has a bunch of nicknames.Lets see:
NT nickname: McBob

Staples Center: McRambis

Steve Blake gave him: McLoberts or McLob city

Mike Brown gave him: The White Shadow

laugh.gif

If we shoot exactly 16 3s tomorrow, I'm going to go ahead and say that Mike Brown might be a little bit too precise.
laugh.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
 Will definitely be taking note of that tomorrow. Lol. 
nerd.gif

Essential1:
laker4lifeman:
sick.gif
I saw that yesterday.
I live in the east coast.. So it feels good to have an early game
roll.gif

Same here, bro. Well, not East Coast, but EST. Wish it was on national TV.

The one time Time Warner has been good... Free League Pass preview until the 8th.

I wish I could do a 1 team league pass tho

if mcrobberts was a sacramento king they would have already named a hamburger at mcdonalds after him
laugh.gif

Everytime I'm bored my mind just drifts toward what we can do in either a 3 team deal or 2 separate trades to get rid of Bynum & Gasol, and get a starting PG, a good PF & D12.

Can't help it
roll.gif

Obviously the Magic would be involved..

2nd team would be either: Rockets (who still want Pau even after that deal "fell apart"), Jazz (who are log jammed at the 4/5), Nets

Originally Posted by Essential1

Essential1:
I live in the east coast.. So it feels good to have an early game
roll.gif
Same here, bro. Well, not East Coast, but EST. Wish it was on national TV.

The one time Time Warner has been good... Free League Pass preview until the 8th.

I wish I could do a 1 team league pass tho

Agreed finally Time Warner does something nice.  Was tempted to get league pass, but like always we are on national tv enough.  Don't want to waste time watching us play the bobcats
laugh.gif

^ Just came in here to ask that, so thanks. So Fish, Barnes, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum?

Nice.
smokin.gif

And how happy am I that apparently the NBA League Pass free preview also includes watching games on your phone? I'm sitting here watching the game on my phone, happy as @@@+.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom