*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Shout outs to Bynum.

Had some really poor offensive sets down the stretch, got bailed out at the end. Would have been another tough L probably if DEN hits those wide open dunks & layups.

Originally Posted by knightngale

If this was the Bulls or Kings this would have been an L due to Kobe's ball hogging and choking at the end. 

Shut the hell up and log off.
Kobe had a bad shooting game.

But dude was 1 assist away from having a triple double today.

Ball hogging my *$#.

Him taking the clutch shots at the final 2 minutes of the game. That's his role & job for this team and he's earned it for being crazy clutch over the years.

we need to run better sets at the end of games. we can't get away with kobe holding the ball for 20 seconds then chucking a shot.

3-2 though
smile.gif

happy new years guys!

- ANDREW M'Fin BYNUM!!
smokin.gif

- nice hustle by Fish; still shouldn't be a starter, though

- I love Barnes' game
smokin.gif

- yeah, Kobe won the game by sealing the deal at the free-throw line, but he also almost lost the game a bunch of times by trying to play hero

from 0-2 to 3-2
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by MR J 858

If this was the Bulls or Kings this would have been an L due to Kobe's ball hogging and choking at the end. 

Ball hogging my *$#.

Him taking the clutch shots at the final 2 minutes of the game. That's his role & job for this team and he's earned it for being crazy clutch over the years.
If you get double teamed you pass the ball especially when you are bricking every shot and turning the ball over. Denver was missing stuff they usually don't. It would have been the bulls game all over again.

Ball hogging my *$#.

If you get double teamed you pass the ball especially when you are bricking every shot and turning the ball over. Denver was missing stuff they usually don't. It would have been the bulls game all over again.

Man you sound like you just watched the final 2 minutes of the game.
Kobe for the first 3 quarters of the game was passing out of the double teams and was finding his shooters.

That's why dude had 9 dimes.

Seriously with the game on the line do you want to turn into Lebron and pass up shots 
laugh.gif

Ball hogging my *$#.

Kobe for the first 3 quarters of the game was passing out of the double teams and was finding his shooters.

Seriously with the game on the line do you want to turn into Lebron and pass up shots 
laugh.gif
If it led to open or better shots, yes?

Kobe was playing with a broken wrist and a swollen hand. Give him a break

He was 1 assist from a triple double

We lost one on Christmas but stole one back on new year
pimp.gif

What a way to end 2011 and start 2012

Go Lakers

Its rare (this season) that you have a bad game from everyone on the bench. If one player had a regular game ( Artest, Blake) this game would not have been that close. We also didnt get anything from Murphy today. Its gonna be a little tougher tomorrow on the road so we need those little things to show up.

good win, we should be 4-1 right now but what happened on christmas is in the past.

i'm slowly but surely being down with brown though.

phil is the most successful nba coach ever and you can't really question his methods as they produced results, but at times last year he seemed way to relaxed at times when he shouldn't have been so relaxed. i'm enjoying the fact that mike brown is preaching defense and got these guys playing hard. it's only been 5 games and while he's no phil jackson nor will he be one, im encouraged with what i've seen so far.

MR J 858:

laugh.gif

Why ask "Do you want to turn to Lebron and pass up shots?" I think this is a better question: "With the game on the line, do you want him to keep passing out of double teams like I already said he did through the first 3 quarters?" To that, the answer would be: yes, yes I do.

Denver were averaging 111 until today. We straight 89'in teams with Mike Brown.

I love how he calls out Kobe (without words). Dude will call a quick timeout after a poor decision by Kobe that leads to points. Also, vs the Knicks when Kobe had almost all 3rd qtr points, he called Kobe out during the pre-4th interview saying "We need to move the ball around on offense"..... LOVE IT.

For me, Mike Brown is already a better coach than Phil was......................................................................................... in the regular season.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Holding the highest scoring team in the league to 89 points.
pimp.gif
I didnt even think they played well on the Defensive side today.. although Denver missed some easy layups/dunks in the 4th
HNY Fellow Lakers fans! 
smokin.gif

I'll take the win.

Andrew Bynum!!!

I thought the Lakers took way too many threes. 2 for 24
sick.gif

Loved the hustle from them today.

If they shoot better tomorrow then it shouldn't be a close game.

laugh.gif
Kobe looked annoyed when Brown called the last timeout with 13 secs left

smh @ fisher getting praised for his only good play in 5 games
I know he is slow and old but he was also playing rookie defense biting on every little move by Lawson
30t6p3b.gif

did anybody else cringe when Bynum went to the floor when he was called for a travel?
laugh.gif

Usually Fish makes up for his dumb plays or poor games. I could live with that.

At least Lawson didnt go off this game. Team D was alright last 2-3 minutes. Denver just screwed up thats all.

Great win, because we played pretty bad. Bynum looked good out there lets hope he can keep it up. Pau's shot was wet, and Kobe played miserable and we still won. Weird weird game. Didn't hear much from MWP or Murphy, but still won. Great way to end the year. HNY guys...

Couldn't catch the game... Was 4am over here.
ohwell.gif

2-24 from 3pt range?
sick.gif

Glad to hear Bynum had a good game. I wonder where I can catch a replay of the game online...
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom