*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Lakers won't trade Gasol & Bynum for D12 & Hedo... It's one or the other.. The exception and a fill in player to make the money even out.

I don't think they will either, but if they do and CP3 doesn't sign an extension to wherever he ends up; all that cap space could be used to outright sign CP3 in the summertime. It'll be a huge gamble, but that's 34 million off the books. If they are in the mentality of sacrificing this season, Bynum and Pau may both be moved.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Will stern even let us have Dwight?

He has no say or power to block a  Dwight Howard trade to the Lakers.
Only reason why he was able to block the CP3 trade was because the Hornets are owned by the NBA and he has final say on what happens to them.

Magic aren't owned by the NBA.

dapurplengold213:
NBA Refused To Sign Off On Paul Trade Again On Saturday
Dec 11, 2011 12:23 AM EST

Los Angeles was going to receive Paul, along with Jason Smith and Marcus Banks, who would arrive via sign-and-trade.

Houston agreed to send Kevin Martin, Luis Scola and a 2012 first round pick to the Hornets.

The Lakers would send Lamar Odom to the Hornets, Pau Gasol to the Rockets, and the Lakers were pursuing a first round pick to include for the Hornets.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm....n_Saturday#ixzz1gCsnaOc3
So as far as major pieces go:

Lakers:
- Chris Paul

Hornets:
- Odom
- Scola
- Kevin Martin
- 2012 1st rd pick (from Rockets)
- 1st rd pick (from Lakers)

Rockets:
- Pau

And the league wouldn't approve THAT?! Jesus H. Christ.

Just sue somebody, CP3, because you are going NOWHERE, my dude.
laugh.gif
That is one HELL of a deal for the Hornets.

New York would have to offer Amare, Tyson Chandler, Spike Lee, and Mark Teixeira in order for the league to approve it.
laugh.gif

Makes sense... I don't really pay attention to all the politics and behind the scenes stuff. I just really hope Mitch has a good plan, and knows what he's doing.... I have faith he does *crosses fingers*

I've said this before but I really wasn't a fan of Odom since he got trade to the Lakers in the Shaq deal back in 2004.

Yeah we all know dude was and still is the most versatile player in the league. Yes he played huge whenever Bynum went down with knee injuries.

But lets be real here guys. The book on him ever since he's been in the league is he's inconsistent and could not stay focused for whatever reasons. Be it getting caught smoking weed early in his career with the Clips, losing one of his kids when they were just a infant, losing mom & grandma early in his life, then getting married to a Kardashian and having a reality show.

Dude is also 32 years old and isn't getting any younger.

Bottom line is his time was up with the Lakers and he had to go.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

dapurplengold213:
NBA Refused To Sign Off On Paul Trade Again On Saturday
Dec 11, 2011 12:23 AM EST

Los Angeles was going to receive Paul, along with Jason Smith and Marcus Banks, who would arrive via sign-and-trade.

Houston agreed to send Kevin Martin, Luis Scola and a 2012 first round pick to the Hornets.

The Lakers would send Lamar Odom to the Hornets, Pau Gasol to the Rockets, and the Lakers were pursuing a first round pick to include for the Hornets.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm....n_Saturday#ixzz1gCsnaOc3
So as far as major pieces go:

Lakers:
- Chris Paul

Hornets:
- Odom
- Scola
- Kevin Martin
- 2012 1st rd pick (from Rockets)
- 1st rd pick (from Lakers)

Rockets:
- Pau

And the league wouldn't approve THAT?! Jesus H. Christ. Just sue somebody, CP3, because you are going NOWHERE, my dude.
laugh.gif
That is one HELL of a deal for the Hornets. New York would have to offer Amare, Tyson Chandler, Spike Lee, and Mark Teixeira in order for the league to approve it.
laugh.gif

dead

Originally Posted by MR J 858

I've said this before but I really wasn't a fan of Odom since he got trade to the Lakers in the Shaq deal back in 2004.

Yeah we all know dude was and still is the most versatile player in the league. Yes he played huge whenever Bynum went down with knee injuries.

But lets be real here guys. The book on him ever since he's been in the league is he's inconsistent and could not stay focused for whatever reasons. Be it getting caught smoking weed early in his career with the Clips, losing one of his kids when they were just a infant, losing mom & grandma early in his life, then getting married to a Kardashian and having a reality show.

Would have been a much better look, bro.

Especially the part about his kid; you can't hold that against him in any way. :/

What does that have to do with ANYTHING?.....SMH WOW!
thats sad you would bring things like that up..

Especially the part about his kid; you can't hold that against him in any way. :/
I didn't mean sound cruel.
I mean I understand that some serious stuff that would affect anyone.

But in any job you got to be professional and leave your personal issues out of the work space.

I hate to use this comparison but...

I mean heck Kobe when he was going through his court drama with the sexual assault case was able to frickin be in legal court in Colorado and then come back to LA a few hours later and play a Laker game to nail a game winner 
laugh.gif

Same with DFish dude was in NYC because his daughter needed eye surgery. Dude flew back to Utah entered the game late in a playoff game and made some key plays & big shots to help the Jazz win in OT.

I ddin't mean sound cruel.
I mean I understand that some serious stuff that would affect anyone.

But in any job you got to be professional and leave your personal issues out of the work space.

I hate to use this comparison but...

I mean heck Kobe when he was going through his court drama with the sexual assault case was able to frickin be in legal court in Colorado and then come back to LA a few hours later and play a Laker game to nail a game winner 
laugh.gif

Same with DFish dude was in NYC because his daughter need eye surgery. Dude flew back to Utah entered the game late in a playoff game and made some key plays & big shots to help the Jazz win in OT.
I hear what your saying but don't compare what Kobe went through with his rape case to someone losing a child. Losing a child is probably the worst thing that can ever happen to any parent and will affect you no matter what you do.

"I'm up for a rape trial in Colorado."

"Yeah? My daughter needs eye surgery."

"Word? My infant child is dead."

That last dude gets all the sympathies from the first two dudes; that's just a situation that trumps everything else, always.

If Kobe would have been sub-par because of that trial, I would have been upset on a scale of like 30 (where 0 is 'not upset at all', and 100 is 'super pissed'). If Fish would have sucked from the whole thing w/ his daughter, I would have been upset at a level of like 2 (only because of the circumstances, which I won't go into right now).

But Lamar? If he would've came back completely sucktastic, maybe even retired, my level of upset-ness what is been at like a -1,000,000. That's just… I mean, I'm a parent, and that's just… I wanna throw up even thinking about if my son had died as an infant. I got woozy even typing that right now.

Another thing that really pissed me off with Odom during his time with the Lakers.

Dude was out partying in a club after we lost game 4 in the 2008 Finals against the C's where they came back from like 30 down against us. Right before we were about to go back to Boston and suffer one of our most humiliating loses in the Finals.

Where was he in the 2010 Finals? Dude was getting abused by Big Baby Davis that year.

Yeah ok it's nice he won sixth man of the year last season. Where was he in the 1st round against the Hornets when he played like crap.

Lets not even talk about how he played an acted during the 2nd round last year against the Mavs.

so we lose Lamar for nothing?

We better get Dwight out of this, anything less would be BS.

This David Stern guy...

@WojYahooNBA
Adrian Wojnarowski
Lakers had offered Lamar Odom to teams with salary cap space, one GM says. "He wanted out and they really wanted to reduce the tax bill."

Looks like he wanted out.

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

This David Stern guy...
Do some research before you post man.
Lakers got a trade exception worth $8.9 million.

Which is going to help them very soon.

This David Stern guy...
Do some research before you post man.
Lakers got a trade exception worth $8.9 million.

Which is going to help them very soon.
Or so we hope so.......

I know we got a trade exception. But what do we have now?

We went from giving up Pau and Lamar for CP3 and now we're down to Pau and NOTHING.

I'm saying, if we can't get Dwight out of this, David Stern F'd us up.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

@WojYahooNBA
Adrian Wojnarowski
Lakers had offered Lamar Odom to teams with salary cap space, one GM says. "He wanted out and they really wanted to reduce the tax bill."

Looks like he wanted out.
Ok so dude was so hurt & was crying on the Stephen A Smith show 2 days ago 
eyes.gif

I mean heck right now I'll give Gasol a hell of a lot more props on how he's handling the situation. Pau is being a professional by showing up to training camp, practicing, and talking to the media.

Also Odom can't be dumb enough to know that any team after this season is going to buy out his partially guaranteed contract.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the Lakers will receive a 2012 first-round pick from Dallas and possibly a second-round pick, plus an $8.9 million trade exception in the deal. It's an astonishingly low price that Dallas will pay for Odom, and the latest indication that the times and priorities may be changing in L.A. With Lakers executive Jim Buss, the son of owner Jerry Buss, heading the operation these days, the Odom trade will do little to change the opinion of those who believe they Lakers are "in cost-cutting mode," as one source close to the situation said. "I think the Buss' kids are now running the team, for the most part, and they're trying to make as much money as they can," the source said. "Everything is changing there."

http://sportsillustrated....index.html#ixzz1gD7ctTUE

It sounds like Lamar was extremely butt hurt over this trade and wanted out.
The team as it is has no real chance at winning a championship so I hope we have a losing record and all this cost cutting backfired on Jim Buss. The lakers can maybe tank the season and gain a lottery pick.

It seems like the front office has no idea what it is doing.

Zero hopes for this upcoming season.

I know we got a trade exception. But what do we have now?

We went from giving up Pau and Lamar for CP3 and now we're down to Pau and NOTHING.

I'm saying, if we can't get Dwight out of this, David Stern F'd us up.
Nothing?
We still have a legit front court with Bynum & Gasol if the Dwight Howard trade does not happen.

They can turn around use that $8.9 million trade exception on someone like Paul Milsap or another free agent.

The point here that a lot of Laker fans are missing is that the Lakers front office Mitch, Jim & Jerry Buss are making these moves because they feel the team needs to get younger & more athletic.

They can turn around use that $8.9 million trade exception on someone like Paul Milsap or another free agent.

i thought the mavs used the trade exception to get odom?

@ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

So to recap: Lakers take Odom out of three-team CP3 deal and deal him to Mavs into new DAL trade exception created in Tyson Chandler deal

Originally Posted by knightngale

According to the Los Angeles Times, the Lakers will receive a 2012 first-round pick from Dallas and possibly a second-round pick, plus an $8.9 million trade exception in the deal. It's an astonishingly low price that Dallas will pay for Odom, and the latest indication that the times and priorities may be changing in L.A. With Lakers executive Jim Buss, the son of owner Jerry Buss, heading the operation these days, the Odom trade will do little to change the opinion of those who believe they Lakers are "in cost-cutting mode," as one source close to the situation said. "I think the Buss' kids are now running the team, for the most part, and they're trying to make as much money as they can," the source said. "Everything is changing there."

The team as it is has no real chance at winning a championship so I hope we have a losing record and all this cost cutting backfired on Jim Buss. The lakers can maybe tank the season and gain a lottery pick.

indifferent.gif

SERIOUSLY 

Just turn in your Laker fan card already !

You call yourself a "real fan" by already saying we got no shot and should just tank the season for a lottery pick
laugh.gif

Even before the season has started.

Wow just WOW 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

indifferent.gif

SERIOUSLY 

Just turn in your Laker fan card already !

You call yourself a "real fan" by already saying we got no shot and should just tank the season for a lottery pick
laugh.gif

Even before the season has started.

Wow just WOW 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
another card fan dude

you are delusional if you think this team has a chance at a championship this year
I guess you will be satisfied with being swept in the 1st or second round again

Back
Top Bottom