*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by MR J 858

http://sportsillustrated....index.html#ixzz1gD7ctTUE

It sounds like Lamar was extremely butt hurt over this trade and wanted out.
The team as it is has no real chance at winning a championship so I hope we have a losing record and all this cost cutting backfired on Jim Buss. The lakers can maybe tank the season and gain a lottery pick.

It seems like the front office has no idea what it is doing.

Zero hopes for this upcoming season.

indifferent.gif

SERIOUSLY 

Just turn in your Laker fan card already !

You call yourself a "real fan" by already saying we got no shot and should just tank the season for a lottery pick
laugh.gif

Even before the season has started.

Wow just WOW 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
another card fan dude

you are delusional if you think this team has a chance at a championship this year
I guess you will be satisfied with being swept in the 1st or second round again

No real fan of any sports team would accept and be happy with tanking a season in hopes of getting better talent through draft.
Your an idiot !

@BA_Turner Brad Turner

Lamar odom told friends he was unhappy with how things went with Lakers even though he considered them family.

@BA_Turner Brad Turner

Lamar Odom felt better about trade to dallas after owner called him Saturday and welcomed him to Mavericks, a friend said.

@BA_Turner Brad Turner

Make that Dallas owner Mark Cuban that called Lamar Odom.

indifferent.gif

SERIOUSLY 

Just turn in your Laker fan card already !

You call yourself a "real fan" by already saying we got no shot and should just tank the season for a lottery pick
laugh.gif

Even before the season has started.

Wow just WOW 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
another card fan dude

you are delusional if you think this team has a chance at a championship this year
I guess you will be satisfied with being swept in the 1st or second round again

No real fan of any sports team would accept and be happy with tanking a season in hopes of getting better talent through draft.
Your an idiot !
stop catching feelings

the laker organization themselves are in tank mode with what they did with lamar

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Iamjusayn

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

You guys even think CP3 & Kobe could've co-existed anyway?
I don't think CP really wants to play with bryant to be honest. I just get a sense that he wants to beat bryant not help him but I cld be wrong.
False. CP3 and Kobe are great friends, there was even word that Kobe was going to meet CP3 at the airport before Stern killed the deal.
IDK about all that but I guess. 

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

@BA_Turner Brad Turner

Lamar odom told friends he was unhappy with how things went with Lakers even though he considered them family.

@BA_Turner Brad Turner

Lamar Odom felt better about trade to dallas after owner called him Saturday and welcomed him to Mavericks, a friend said.

@BA_Turner Brad Turner

Make that Dallas owner Mark Cuban that called Lamar Odom.

Let see how he feels when next summer Cuban calls him up and lets him know they aren't picking up his team option on his contract and are buying him out.

So you Really think this Lamar Deal is a good move?

So if we could get someone like Paul Milsap to replace him, we won? Lol

Wow.

You can be a die hard fan all you want but you don't have to cosign every single move they make, bruh.

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

So you Really think this Lamar Deal is a good move?

So if we could get someone like Paul Milsap to replace him, we won? Lol

Wow.

You can be a die hard fan all you want but you don't have to cosign every single move they make, bruh.
Yes I really do think it's a good move.
For these reasons:

- Dude was so butt hurt and couldn't handle himself in a professional way after hearing about the CP3 trade. Did you see Gasol going about out they way Odom did?

- Dude is 32 years old. Had the Laker kept him for the season how productive and motivated do you think he would have been this season? If the Lakers would have let him play for them this season and bought him out this summer they would have let him go for nothing and would still be way over the luxury tax.

No I don't agree with all move the Lakers have been making recently. I didn't like the hiring of Mike Brown at all and don't like that Jim Buss is making all the decisions now.

But at the same time I'm not one of these people like knightingale who always has this doom & gloom attitudes. 

What makes less sense is that this would have been Lamar's last year as a Laker. The lakers could have exercised the team option and decided to let him go next summer. 

What makes less sense is that this would have been Lamar's last year as a Laker. The lakers could have exercised the team option and decided to let him go next summer. 
That's what I'm saying!
laugh.gif

What's more valuable, a piece that you can use for a year, and then cut if you don't like him, or a really late pick...

Does not compute.
tired.gif

I wish I had the ability to possess the mentality that the rest of you on here do. Most of you seem so ho-hum about losing our most versatile player, now we're down to 2 bigs and nobody seems to have any faith at all in Drew.

I hope Bynum cooks this year, I hope he tears %*@+ up. I really do. I don't even know how to feel right now. I want to see Bynum absolutely dominate.

If we don't get Dwight this was the stupidest trade ever. How do we possibly lose a player and get nothing back for this actual season? 
What we are suppose to have better chances without Lamar Odom if we end up getting no one in return? 
laugh.gif

Get real smh

Odom sucks though, why do you want that fat whale sitting in the front row all the time.  Could they have gotten Barea back in the trade instead of the draft picks.

I don't see how trading Odom for the trade exception and the draft pick is so bad? people need to get we burned that bridge with the CP3 fiasco. The professional relationship was severed and we would have had a malcontent in our hands. That's just poisonous for a locker room. I think at this point our only option is Chauncey Billups. I really keep going back to Stern's decision, this whole charade really put us on a real difficult spot and at a disadvantage. The one thing I think is sure from the whole Lamar thing is that Orlando didnt want him in a D12 deal, if not the Lakers wouldn't have traded him to Dallas.

Originally Posted by hunter2k4

I don't see hor trading Odom for the trade exception and the draft pick is so bad? people need to get we burned that bridge with the CP3 fiasco. The professional relationship was severed and we would have had a malcontent in our hands. That's just poisonous for a locker room. I think at this point our only option is Chauncey Billups.

laugh.gif
 Now I know this is the Lakers (a contending team) but have you read what Billups said? The irony in what you just said lol

Let's just hope Chauncey turns out ok for you guys if he ends up there.

im no laker fan by any means but i do hope the magic trade dwight to LA. i like the idea of gettin back bynum and gasol and lakers also taking back hedo's contact. besides with dwight out west that means we would only have to deal with him twice in the regular season.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by hunter2k4

I don't see hor trading Odom for the trade exception and the draft pick is so bad? people need to get we burned that bridge with the CP3 fiasco. The professional relationship was severed and we would have had a malcontent in our hands. That's just poisonous for a locker room. I think at this point our only option is Chauncey Billups.

laugh.gif
 Now I know this is the Lakers (a contending team) but have you read what Billups said? The irony in what you just said lol

Let's just hope Chauncey turns out ok for you guys if he ends up there.

Well Lamar would have been playing with the team that tried to deal him away, with Billups it's different because he's a malcontent as it pertains to the situation that went through with the Knicks. At this point he wants to prove he's an elite PG so he's gonna want to ball hard this year regardless of what team picks him up. Plus it seems he wants to play for a Contender so it makes sense.

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

im no laker fan by any means but i do hope the magic trade dwight to LA. i like the idea of gettin back bynum and gasol and lakers also taking back hedo's contact. besides with dwight out west that means we would only have to deal with him twice in the regular season.

Otis Smith knows he's out of his mind to think he will get both Bynum & Gasol.. It was a bluff.. He trying to leverage the Lakers...

Lakers should offer Bynum and picks plus lesser pieces for Howard & Hedo...

Otis knows that is a far better deal than one with the Nets.. Who may not even have enough pieces to take Hedo's contract.. He may have D12, but only a couple teams could trade for him.. He doesn't have as much leverage as he thinks he has...

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

Otis Smith knows he's out of his mind to think he will get both Bynum & Gasol.. It was a bluff.. He trying to leverage the Lakers...

Lakers should offer Bynum and picks plus lesser pieces for Howard & Hedo...

Otis knows that is a far better deal than one with the Nets.. Who may not even have enough pieces to take Hedo's contract.. He may have D12, but only a couple teams could trade for him.. He doesn't have as much leverage as he thinks he has...
he might be reaching but im sure LA will do what it takes to get dwight. basically like others have stated, dwight or bust since they pulled out of the paul deal. NJ and LA are d-12s preferred spots so pretty much nets and lakers will be in a bidding war for his services.

I really don't feel good about the position we are in.  SMH that we did not put ourselves in this position.  Don't mind when we screw ourselves, but not when someone else does.  I hope we don't make the situation worse.

Back
Top Bottom