*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by tupac003

Oh quick question,

Does anybody know how much the NBA leauge pass is going to run this year? Navy moved me to Washington state (shoot me now) and yall know I can't miss my Lakers games. If anybody had it last year how much did it cost?

I had the 5 team NBA league pass and that was $120 if I remember correctly. Not sure about the whole league pass. Our needs every year is of course a pg and our front line depth is horrible. Just looking at our roster from last year, Theo Ratliff and Joe Smith backing up Drew,
sick.gif
. Makes me miss Mbenga.

Since the amnesty clause can be used in any off-season, I think the Lakers will save it this year and use it on World Peace another year.

Those guys are doom and gloom with the money they are talkin, but some of that will come down a bit.  The contracts were all signed under old deal, I don't know if they'll roll salaries back or not, but the new deals will be cheaper now that it's not 57%.  They never mentioned any of that.  That article still talks like it's last summer money. 
laugh.gif

LA will be fine once they figure out how all the CBA details work, a smart owner, and a smart GM > size of your market.  Dumb @#$ owner/GM's are still going to fail in whatever city they live in.  So nobody has to worry about anything.  The window of this current team is 2 years anyways, after that we start all over no matter what.  It won't be long before the Lakers are 50 million under the cap and will be looking for people to take our money.  Just need to navigate these 2 years first is all. 

Mike-Brown.jpg

how you guys feelin about Mike Brown? side from showing preference Lebron I actually think he was a very good coach for Cleveland. He was also solid with Pop in SA

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

Oh quick question,

Does anybody know how much the NBA leauge pass is going to run this year? Navy moved me to Washington state (shoot me now) and yall know I can't miss my Lakers games. If anybody had it last year how much did it cost?

I had the 5 team NBA league pass and that was $120 if I remember correctly. Not sure about the whole league pass. Our needs every year is of course a pg and our front line depth is horrible. Just looking at our roster from last year, Theo Ratliff and Joe Smith backing up Drew,
sick.gif
. Makes me miss Mbenga.

5 team? You can do that? Hmmm...did you sign up with your cable company or do you have directv?

We love Mike Brown here already. We know it takes an adequate defense to win titles; Brown's resume shines in this regard. I know he had issues with handling Lebron too lightly, but here we have Kobe who pretty much leads the team emotionally. I don't know if a coach needs to get on Kobe for not working hard enough in practice. All we Laker fans could ask for a in a new coach is someone who will get off the bench and use his vocal chords. Mike Brown is a passionate student of the game and his meticulous preparation is the perfect compliment to the Lakers talented lineup.

Oh quick question,

sick.gif
. Makes me miss Mbenga.

5 team? You can do that? Hmmm...did you sign up with your cable company or do you have directv?
Ahh, sorry. I got mixed up on the league pass you were talking about. Sorry, I forgot to mention mine was the nba.com league pass live streams.

Kinda wanna fast forward to the postseason so I can see if Kobe & Gasol's postseason struggles were just the result of 3 consecutive deep playoff runs.

I'll reserve judgement on Mike Brown until after this season. He's a stud defensive coach & offensively he now has a top 2 SG & top 5 PF & C.

LA should be stellar on both ends of the floor.

I don't have a good  feeling about Brown at all unless he spent his time away honing his coaching skills. I can't shake the image his assistants running team huddles during the playoffs  while he paced back & forth outside of the huddle...I have a feeling the petulant Kobe will be coming out once we start seeing Mike Brown's limited coaching ability.

I sincerely hope Bynum has been working hard on his limited game this off season too. The Lakers need him to step it up big time this year & become the monster in the middle Jim Buss thinks he is.

I'm kind of excited to see how coach Brown will do this season. Its a new approach, a new system so this will be pretty exciting to see. The thing I'm concerned about is the back-to-back-to-back game and the frequency of all the back to back games. I don't know if this team will keep up in the long run. But overall, I'm REALLY excited to see the NBA back, and to see my Lakers!

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I'm actually looking forward to a new offense. I think Odom and Bynum will flourish under a new system.

What exactly is the new system? We all know Mike Brown is a defensive coach but what about the offense?

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I'm actually looking forward to a new offense. I think Odom and Bynum will flourish under a new system.

What exactly is the new system? We all know Mike Brown is a defensive coach but what about the offense?
Speed things up if the situation presents itself, but if not then pound it inside to the bigs.

I'm all for adding depth at the PG spot. But y'all really want BDiddy on our team with Matt Barnes, and Ron Ron (I refuse to call him Metta...)! I like the Barea signing. But after what Bynum did to him I doubt it. Even though he apologized. Now signing the fellow Washington native Jamal Crawford would be amazing!!! He could spell Kobe at the 2 and play the 1. Lineup of JC at the 1. Kobe at the 2. Artest at the 3. Pau and Bynum!! Banners!!!!

Originally Posted by Hugo

Leggooo
Whoa. You're a Niner and Laker fan combination too? 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
 I never knew bro. 
Anyways, I'm ecstatic the season is finally upon us. I really don't know what to expect from our Lakers with Mr. Oblivious as our head coach. We're a year older and Fish isn't going to cut it as our starting point any longer. I'm just happy we actually have a season. 

fish aint starting this year. straight up, [westwood] RESPECCCCCCCCCCCKT [/westwood]to the big homie tho.

Big Drew finna go hammer this year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]

B.Steve aka pyscho loc

Spoiler [+]
60564818.jpg

LO gonna shine in any offense thats NOT the triangle for real, phil had my man thinking too much....respect to the god tho

Spoiler [+]
6a01156f2c3287970c0120a6269a1d970c-450wi

pimp.gif

pau been ready

Spoiler [+]
Pau-Gasol-Spain-EuroBasket2011.jpg

KB you already know

Spoiler [+]
b_golden_gun.jpg

sick.gif
. Makes me miss Mbenga.

Ahh, sorry. I got mixed up on the league pass you were talking about. Sorry, I forgot to mention mine was the nba.com league pass live streams.
yes you can do a 5 team choice. i forget the price.  I had the full package, through directv, which was $199

Oh quick question,

sick.gif
. Makes me miss Mbenga.

I think that's the NBA League Pass Broadband version.
The NBA should offer NBA League Pass cheap this year to apologize to the NBA fans and since this season is only 66 games.

The 2012-2013 season though I wonder how much the Lakers Network channels which will be similar to the Yankees YES network will cost us. 

Originally Posted by knightngale

wait so it is kcal 9 and fox sports this year as well?
Yeah this will be the last year
They'll have Bill Mcdonald with Stu this year on TV since there will be no more Philosophy 101
laugh.gif

F YEAH!!!
Now I don't have to worry about my Chargers stinkin' it up and the Baseball Writers robbin' Kemp.
C'mon Mamba let's get this title.

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Yeah this will be the last year
They'll have Bill Mcdonald with Stu this year on TV since there will be no more Philosophy 101
laugh.gif
This Channel should be free for the people that live in L.A.

Yes. But it's the last year on these channels.
Starting in the 2012-2013 season the Lakers get their on Network like YES Network.

It's going to be a regional network offered in LA, Socal, OC, SD, and in Las Vegas. For a fee of course. Time Warner got the deal. But no don't worry they can't monopolize it and force people to sign up for their crappy service due to FCC rules. Their going to have to make deals with their competitors (Directv, Verizon Fios, AT&T U-Verse, Cox, Charter) to offer it to non Time Warner Cable subscribers. 

The rest of the Lakers fans like in places like Norcal and other parts of the US will need NBA League Pass for games that aren't nationally televised.

Back
Top Bottom