*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

we have a bad record on christmas game....we better not wear the white jerseys that day too we be curse with that also

I can't even blame the front office. Stern is the one that f'ed everything up. Crazy.
30t6p3b.gif

I just read this on twitter:
''According to sources, the Los Angeles Lakers will trade Matt Barnes, Steve Blake and first round pick to Utah Jazz for their power forward Paul Millsap'' any1 hear this also?
Could this be a ploy to flip Millsap and Bynum for D.Howard?

Originally Posted by hunter2k4

''According to sources, the Los Angeles Lakers will trade Matt Barnes, Steve Blake and first round pick to Utah Jazz for their power forward Paul Millsap'' any1 hear this also?
who said that?

can you explain to me how that trade benefits Utah?

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking like this, but my expectations for this season are… I guess if I had to label it, it would be' slightly above average'.

I don't think we're going to kill it, but I don't think we're going to be completely sucktastic, like the last year we missed the playoffs (2005 or whatever year it was).

Ups and downs, man, ups and downs. Obviously, our most recent history has been running the table (3-peat), and the departure of Shaq, and we rebuild, then run the table again (2 rings in 3 tries), and I think this whole CP3 thing is symbolic that our time of running the table is done for now.

When we're running the table, if we're going after two superstars, we don't come up empty-handed on both; maybe one, but not both.

I think this year is the first year of our next 'time between dynasties'. Will that time be approximately a decade, (like the 90s)? Or will it be a short time, like our last stretch of 'time between dynasties' (like 05-08)?

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

who said that?
one of my buddies texted me a pic of his twitter with that message... can't make out the name, I just texted him back asking him, and NO, I don't know how that trade benefits the Jazz but I really didn't get how the Rockets would send away Martin, Scola and Dragic and only get Gasol in the end so... idk what any of those GMs are thinking right now

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i think that they have a lot of bigs so most likely their trying to give some time to their younger guys like favors or kanter with al jeff oh and dont forget okur
laugh.gif

Hopefully this new team will be able to adjust to eachother pretty quick...

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i think that they have a lot of bigs so most likely their trying to give some time to their younger guys like favors or kanter with al jeff oh and dont forget okur
laugh.gif
Saw this but cant find a source

http://www.basknet.info/2...traded-for-paul-millsap/

We have his younger brother Elijah
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

b9eaa75f04a2ddd729e976c3b81ca470-getty-135513507.jpg

[font=arial, sans-serif]EL SEGUNDO, CA - DECEMBER 11: (L-R) Devin Ebanks #3, Derrick Caracter #45 and Elijah Millsap #18 talk during Los Angeles Lakers Media Day at Toyota Sports Center on December 11, 2011 in El Segundo, California. (Photo by Jeff Gross/Getty Images)[/font]

so the Odom deal becomes official....

LAKERS ACQUIRE FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK FROM DALLAS IN EXCHANGE FOR LAMAR ODOM & SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICK
Dec 11 2011 8:15PM

EL SEGUNDO – The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired the Dallas Mavericks’ first round selection in the 2012 NBA Draft in exchange for Lamar Odom and the Lakers 2012 second round draft pick, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak. In addition, the Lakers will receive a trade exception.

Odom originally joined the Lakers on July 14, 2004 along with Caron Butler, Brian Grant and a future first round draft pick as part of a trade with Miami that sent Shaquille O’Neal to the Heat. The transaction led to future deals that included sending Butler to Washington for Kwame Brown and Brown to Memphis in exchange for Pau Gasol.

“Lamar was a fine player for us in his seven years with the Lakers and was a key to helping us win two championships,

sheeeeeeeeeet..............................ill take both millsap and bynum for howard. dont get me wrong id love the magic to find a way to keep dwight but millsap and bynum would be a good look. id prefer millsap over gasol to be honest. GIMME DAT!!!!!!!!!! 
laugh.gif

hunter2k4:
LAKERS ACQUIRE FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK FROM DALLAS IN EXCHANGE FOR LAMAR ODOM & SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICK
Dec 11 2011 8:15PM

“Lamar was a fine player for us in his seven years with the Lakers and was a key to helping us win two championships,

even though it's not a reliable source, I sure hope there is some truth to the Millsap deal... that would really calm a lot of us down

LOL & smh at us giving up a pick and Candyman for a late rd pick to a rival West team...unbelievable

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

LOL & smh at us giving up a pick and Candyman for a late rd pick to a rival West team...unbelievable

we got the 8.9 million trade exception for Odom, which is what Mitch wanted to do when Odom asked to be traded.
we gave up a 2nd round for next year's draft, and got a 1st round pick for next year's draft. don't see how that's bad

Trade exception for what? According to Hollinger it still won't be enough to absorb a potential Dwight/Hedo combo. And even though next year's draft is deep that pick is top 20 protected so if we do end up keeping it, eh, just don't see the point. I'd rather have a disgruntled body in Odom to dangle than a trade exception.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I'd rather have a disgruntled body in Odom to dangle than a trade exception.

we'd be paying close to 18 million to keep a mad Odom as trade bait that theLA times said not many teams were interested in

Back
Top Bottom