*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Soo I've heard many different reasoning's as to why the CP3 deal can't go down. One of which is that Stern didn't want CP3 to be able to dictate where he wants to go, yet I turn on ESPN and I see "Dwight Howard meets with NJ owners in Miami and requests trade to Nets." If that's not dictating where you want to go, and this trade does indeed happen, then how do you justify what happened with the LAL/HOU/NO deal?
NBA owns the Hornets.
NBA doesnt own the NETS or MAGIC .

Dwight is dictating where he wants to go but that decision falls to the MAGIC owner not the NBA/Stern.

Im guessing the NBA has potential buyers for the team so they want to keep a superstar in there.
laugh.gif

New Orleans, Houston and Lakers are re-engaged in talks to find a new way to complete Chris Paul blockbuster trade, league sources tell Y!On renewed talks for nixed Chris Paul blockbuster: "All three teams are engaged," one source tells Y! Sports. "Not sure if it will work."

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by mosk33toe

If the Lakers get Dwight for Bynum and LO we could just pick up one of these PGs that are out there Baron Davis or Arenas, BOTH LA GUYS they would love to play here. I know they aint in their primes anymore, but c'mon the alternative is Steve Blake and Fisher. A line up of.....

BD or Arenas/Fisher/Blake
Kobe/Ebanks
Artest/Barnes
Pau/Caracter
Dwight/?

That is a good line up, we can do it with that.
Get D-12 out of your mind...its not happeneing. The player I see moving from our roster now is LO...I have no clue what kind of market there is for him but I know he is done in a Lakers uniform....

Why not? Lakers can offer way more for Dwight Howard than the Nets. Bynum + LO > Brook + picks. Orlando still has Jameer Nelson, pair him up with Lamar Odom and Bynum that isn't too bad, expecially if you other options is Brook or nothing....As for CP3, I look at it like this. NYK was his other option, but now they have no money since they tied it up with Chandler where does that leave CP3 to go? Let him play out his contract in NO and then if he wants he can join the Lakers as a free agency. Dwight Howard should have always been the prize, his kind of talent is so rare right now in the NBA and would complement Kobe a lot better than CP3. We have won championships with Derek Fisher, Ron Harper, Brian Shaw, Ty Lue, and Jordan Farmer, give me a dominant center side by side with Pau and i'll be content. That is my rant....back to updating twitter and seeing what is happening.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Sensitive players smh if you aren't a superstar you can be traded at any moment. Why is Lamar shocked and hurt? Son ur the help get a grip
I think LO understands the business aspect of it.

However to be told your traded then no your not.  How do you take that with a smile?

I'd take that personal.  Your boss tells you to leave then oh wait, you have to stay we don't have a choice.  Sounds like an environment that I'd want to play in.

Hornets, Lakers, Rockets Resume Chris Paul Trade Talks
Dec 09, 2011 4:21 PM EST

The Hornets, Lakers and Rockets have resumed talks in search of a way to complete their three-way trade for Chris Paul, according to sources.

"All three teams are engaged," one source says. "Not sure if it will work."

On Thursday, the Lakers agreed to acquire Paul in exchange for Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom. Houston would acquire for Gasol while sending Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Goran Dragic and a first round pick. The Hornets would receive Odom, along with Martin, Scola, Dragic and the first round pick.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm....rade_Talks#ixzz1g4k7hCDH

If the Lakers get Dwight for Bynum and LO we could just pick up one of these PGs that are out there Baron Davis or Arenas, BOTH LA GUYS they would love to play here. I know they aint in their primes anymore, but c'mon the alternative is Steve Blake and Fisher. A line up of.....

Kobe/Ebanks
Artest/Barnes
Pau/Caracter
Dwight/?

Get D-12 out of your mind...its not happeneing. The player I see moving from our roster now is LO...I have no clue what kind of market there is for him but I know he is done in a Lakers uniform....

Why not? Lakers can offer way more for Dwight Howard than the Nets. Bynum + LO > Brook + picks. Orlando still has Jameer Nelson, pair him up with Lamar Odom and Bynum that isn't too bad, expecially if you other options is Brook or nothing....As for CP3, I look at it like this. NYK was his other option, but now they have no money since they tied it up with Chandler where does that leave CP3 to go? Let him play out his contract in NO and then if he wants he can join the Lakers as a free agency. Dwight Howard should have always been the prize, his kind of talent is so rare right now in the NBA and would complement Kobe a lot better than CP3. We have won championships with Derek Fisher, Ron Harper, Brian Shaw, Ty Lue, and Jordan Farmer, give me a dominant center side by side with Pau and i'll be content. That is my rant....back to updating twitter and seeing what is happening.
give it up son howard wants no part of the lakers.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

give it up son howard wants no part of the lakers.
We'll See. We'll See....
birdman-rubbing-hands.gif

^My guess is the Lakers take on more money the cry baby owners don't foot the bill.

mosk33toe wrote:

mosk33toe wrote:

Kobe/Ebanks
Artest/Barnes
Pau/Caracter
Dwight/?

Why not? Lakers can offer way more for Dwight Howard than the Nets. Bynum + LO > Brook + picks. Orlando still has Jameer Nelson, pair him up with Lamar Odom and Bynum that isn't too bad, expecially if you other options is Brook or nothing.... As for CP3, I look at it like this. NYK was his other option, but now they have no money since they tied it up with Chandler where does that leave CP3 to go? Let him play out his contract in NO and then if he wants he can join the Lakers as a free agency. Dwight Howard should have always been the prize, his kind of talent is so rare right now in the NBA and would complement Kobe a lot better than CP3. We have won championships with Derek Fisher, Ron Harper, Brian Shaw, Ty Lue, and Jordan Farmer, give me a dominant center side by side with Pau and i'll be content. That is my rant....back to updating twitter and seeing what is happening.

Way more to offer? Come on...What picks do we have? A low first rounder? Orlando may want bynum but you don't want LO. The magic don't want to take on any more and that's why they are trying to dump Turkoglu's contract. I don't know...it just seems so unrealistic to add any of them any more....

The only positive out of this is $tern might finally be forced to resign or retire.

Carson Palmer 3 to the Lakers?!?! Lol. Jk

Dude a great and fast pg is what we needed. This sucks i really wanted chris paul. Stern is a moron.

Dwight can still happen. But for now, it seems our roster is set the way it is. Are the Knicks still waiving Billups? 

Originally Posted by AG 47

^My guess is the Lakers take on more money the cry baby owners don't foot the bill.
Yup.  Deal stays the same, but Hornets send us a contract, that's my thinking as well.  Basically they want assurance we can't fit Dwight in somehow. 

If that is the case, how would fellow fans feel if we acquired Okafor in the deal for Paul. I haven't looked at the logistics to see if contract's match, but that might be most beneficial for us now all things considered.

Originally Posted by AG 47

If that is the case, how would fellow fans feel if we acquired Okafor in the deal for Paul. I haven't looked at the logistics to see if contract's match, but that might be most beneficial for us now all things considered.

if okafor we should trade bynum instead. if west we go with gasol

Back
Top Bottom