'12 Bulls

Originally Posted by AlBooBoo

http://espn.go.com/chicag...-pushing-pau-gasol-trade
CHICAGO -- Derrick Rose's back is letting him play basketball again, and he said that despite reports, he's not looking to add any general manager responsibilities to his on-court workload.

Rose denied a report that claimed he asked Chicago Bulls management to push for a trade to land Los Angeles Lakers forward Pau Gasol.

"I heard about it after (Monday's) game," Rose said. "That's something I wouldn't say to anyone, that I need someone to come to this team or I'm trying to get rid of someone on this team. It was all false and that's something I would never do."
The idea of the trade was that Carlos Boozer andC.J. Watson would go to Los Angeles for Gasol. Rose has said repeatedly over the years that he's not comfortable recruiting players, but said he spoke to Boozer to clear things up.
"He should know, but I talked to him a little bit," Rose said. "But I think he already knew they were false, where it's something I wouldn't do to anyone, especially trade him to any team. It was all false."

Rose and Gasol are both clients of agent Arn Tellem, though so are nearly 40 other NBA players.

"I'm good with the teammates I have," Rose said. "I've always been saying that. The team that I have, we've been winning games, and we're not in the position to look to trade anyone right now."

Rose uncharacteristically didn't speak to reporters after Monday's win over the Atlanta Hawks, despite playing for the first time in six games. He played well, scoring 23 points with six assists and five rebounds.

"I wasn't frustrated," he said. "I was just tired of hearing about my back. I just needed a break. I'm sorry for what I did, I just needed a break."

Despite missing five straight games and being limited in two others with back spasms, Rose said he's not worried about the injury anymore and is pain-free. He said he's going to have to keep seeing a local chiropractor, Dr. Stuart Yoss, and do extra stretching exercises for the rest of the season.

"I've got to go see him after shootarounds, and on days off, just go over there for an hour so he could work on me," Rose said.

The point guard is headed to Orlando for his third-straight All-Star Game. He's starting for the second consecutive season.

"It's an honor to be in the game, but running around and doing all that other stuff is something I'm not looking forward to," he said.

Jon Greenberg is a columnist for ESPNChicago.com.

This is a problem... Management knows he's not going to say anything, he's just going to go out there and give it everything he has and then some... He'll take responsibility for everyone else playing like $%@# because he feels like he should be able to will them to a win.  Thus management will never seriously look to bring in talent.

I was looking around the league at the title contenders and from a strictly talent stand point we're a joke
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

This is a problem... Management knows he's not going to say anything, he's just going to go out there and give it everything he has and then some... He'll take responsibility for everyone else playing like $%@# because he feels like he should be able to will them to a win.  Thus management will never seriously look to bring in talent.

I was looking around the league at the title contenders and from a strictly talent stand point we're a joke
30t6p3b.gif
True, but talent isn't everything.  The knicks have more talent than we do but I'm still sure we'll go further than them this playoffs. 

Originally Posted by amel223

30t6p3b.gif
True, but talent isn't everything.  The knicks have more talent than we do but I'm still sure we'll go further than them this playoffs. 

I understand this... I really do. I know that chemistry and coaching go a long way in this game.  But tell me why we lost to Mia last year.

30t6p3b.gif

I understand this... I really do. I know that chemistry and coaching go a long way in this game.  But tell me why we lost to Mia last year.
I agree with Cake, the Bulls are not individually talented.  More talent would give us the extra gear(s) needed for the playoffs.  I see ECF appearance, and that's about it right now.

Originally Posted by CAto312

I agree with Cake, the Bulls are not individually talented.  More talent would give us the extra gear(s) needed for the playoffs.  I see ECF appearance, and that's about it right now.

Exactly... That series should've been a wake up call.  Like if LA is really serious about moving Pau... I'm on the phone inquiring about that Boozer CJ move...  If not I'm trying to get a 3rd team on the horn to make that happen.  And I'm On Rips %!+... We didn't give you this money to miss 2/3rds of the season G.  You Need To Get Your $#!$ Right... Or I'm Moving Him Too.

Exactly... That series should've been a wake up call.  Like if LA is really serious about moving Pau... I'm on the phone inquiring about that Boozer CJ move...  If not I'm trying to get a 3rd team on the horn to make that happen.  And I'm On Rips %!+... We didn't give you this money to miss 2/3rds of the season G.  You Need To Get Your $#!$ Right... Or I'm Moving Him Too.

I thought that Omer may be in play by the trading deadline, given that there were some Pryzbilla talk.  Now that he's signing in Portland who knows.  I have a feeling no moves will be made by GarPax at the trading deadline.  I also get the feeling that it will take another ECF appearance/bow out for the FO to really start considering moves.  Yes, glass half empty here
eyes.gif

I am optimistic about Rip coming back after the ASG and having a positive effect overall, but him being out this long has me really concerned that the FO went after the wrong SG.

I thought that Omer may be in play by the trading deadline, given that there were some Pryzbilla talk.  Now that he's signing in Portland who knows.  I have a feeling no moves will be made by GarPax at the trading deadline.  I also get the feeling that it will take another ECF appearance/bow out for the FO to really start considering moves.  Yes, glass half empty here
eyes.gif

I am optimistic about Rip coming back after the ASG and having a positive effect overall, but him being out this long has me really concerned that the FO went after the wrong SG.

I've been feeling like this.  Been feeling like he was a short term fix.

I was genuinely upset that we didn't make a really strong push for J.R.  we have this whole people should want to come to us, which I agree, but if they don't show immediate interest then the attitude appears to be "ok fine we have Derrick Rose and he'll gurantee us to make the playoffs every year." 

That's bull +$%%. 

The F.O.uses him as a crutch because they know he won't complain even if he is frustrated and they know he needs help.

We were crazy to think we would get JR anyway. Remember we had him in 2006 for all of 6 days in that trade for PJ Brown when we gave up Tyson Chandler. The FO doesn't want his type. They don't care that he could help this team IF he bought in, they care more about the character than talent most times.

I've always believed that most if not every championship team has had at least one crazy guy that's a key contributor to the championship run.

Pistons- Actually, take your pick out of a few: Rodman, Mahorn, Sheed
Lakers- Artest
Bulls- Rodman
Spurs- Captain Jack
Mavs- DeShawn

For this Bulls team, I was hoping it would be JR or even captain Jack. Jo is hyper, but he's not crazy.

We dont need Rip in the regular season....look at our +!##+** record! We need Rip in the playoffs.......... This Bulls squad can beat anyone. Yall know that, c'mon man.

This man hell one of us could do what he doing right about now.  I think he will help but if dude suffering from the Michael Grant McGrady's we don't need that.

This is what I've been saying, but most people want to keep this team together, and it's going to take us getting whacked again for people to see, but by then D12, and Pau Gasol will have been traded, or unavailable, now I'm reading on yahoo the reason we won't trade for Pau is we don't want to give up CJ Watson..
eyes.gif
 our front office is a joke and just imagine how much worse we would be if we didn't luck into getting rose, that's the FO's saving grace, gar/pax is too conservative for their own good

Originally Posted by arstyle27

We dont need Rip in the regular season....look at our +!##+** record! We need Rip in the playoffs.......... This Bulls squad can beat anyone. Yall know that, c'mon man.

I agree and disagree, respectfully...I agree we havent needed him in the first half, but We do need him during the season so he can build some type of repore with his teammates. hopefully he can play from the start of the second half til the end of the season (finals).

Originally Posted by 85wasagreatyear

Captain Jack would be a great fit for the Bulls. I'd trade for him especially with him not so happy in Milwackee.

Ummm, no.

I'll paypal anyone on here a G if they break Wade's or James' legs.......dead serious.
Paging SeymoreCake...

The Decision aside, Wade gets on my nerves much more than LeBron does.  Too many antics...

I'll paypal anyone on here a G if they break Wade's or James' legs.......dead serious.
Paging SeymoreCake...

The Decision aside, Wade gets on my nerves much more than LeBron does.  Too many antics...

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Aye... I'm glad y'all have realized what I've seen for sooooo many years now.

Sidenote I got $20 Cash says our F.O isn't even on the phones trying to see whats available to make us better.

... Any Takers
nerd.gif

http://espn.go.com/chicag...retty-good-dwight-howard
By Nick Friedell
ESPNChicago.com
Archive

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Derrick Rose won't recruit players, but he said Friday that Chicago "speaks for itself" and the Bulls would be "pretty good" if Orlando'sDwight Howard chose to join him.

Howard has expressed interest in being traded, and has the New Jersey NetsLos Angeles LakersLos Angeles Clippers and Dallas Mavericks on his list of approved trade destinations.
"I try not to think about it because he's not with us, but just knowing what type of player he is and how he is playing with his team right now, I think we will be pretty good if he chooses to come," Rose said.
Howard seemed open in January to the idea of playing with the Bulls, expressing his "love" for Rose and calling him his "brother" in an interview with the Chicago Tribune.

"I haven't had time to talk to him like that, but I heard that he was thinking about coming here, coming to Chicago," Rose said. "Like I said, I don't go out and recruit people. But Chicago speaks for itself. It's a great market and city, and I think that if anyone chooses to come there, it's a great city to be in."

The 26-year-old Howard, who is averaging 20.1 points and 15.3 rebounds this season, can opt out of his current deal after this season.

There is no indication that the Bulls are actively pursuing Howard, who is set to start a second straight All-Star Game Sunday next to Rose.

Rose doesn't want to discount his current team, which is tied with the Miami Heatand Oklahoma City Thunder with 27 wins, best in the NBA, but he admitted it would be fun to play with Howard.

"Dwight is someone almost like a brother, where almost every appearance I have with adidas where we're in the same building, we have to do something together, a photo shoot, things like that. ... for me to play with him [in the All-Star Game] is definitely going to be fun because (I can) throw (alley)-oops to him. No matter how high the ball is, he is going to go up and get it. And you really don't have to play defense because he is in the back protecting you."

On Wednesday, Rose denied a report that claimed he asked Bulls management to push for a trade for Lakers forward Pau Gasol.

"That's something I wouldn't say to anyone, that I need someone to come to this team or I'm trying to get rid of someone on this team," Rose said. "It was all false and that's something I would never do."

Back
Top Bottom