12 things the US media is being quiet about Vol. It just got really REAL .....

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

laugh.gif
at you guys getting your panties in a bunch. none of this means much at all.

Pretty Much

Que sera sera

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by FullMetal

how credible is the source?

not credible at all.

shooting drill? i have nephews and nieces in 4 different states and none of them do those "shooting drills"

the internet. gotta love it.

can you imagine if people had the internet in the 50's, 60's, and 70's like they do now? this world would be a bunch of panzy #!! wimps crying and fearing the end of the world. worse than them religious freaks thinking every other day is the end of the world.

man the %%+% up. when you come face to face with the problem, deal with it. quit spending your every freakin moment on the internet worrying about a got damn conspiracy...

Why is it that people like you come into every thread and simply disregard all the information as if nothing ever goes wrong in the world
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by FullMetal

how credible is the source?

not credible at all.

shooting drill? i have nephews and nieces in 4 different states and none of them do those "shooting drills"

the internet. gotta love it.

can you imagine if people had the internet in the 50's, 60's, and 70's like they do now? this world would be a bunch of panzy #!! wimps crying and fearing the end of the world. worse than them religious freaks thinking every other day is the end of the world.

man the %%+% up. when you come face to face with the problem, deal with it. quit spending your every freakin moment on the internet worrying about a got damn conspiracy...

Why is it that people like you come into every thread and simply disregard all the information as if nothing ever goes wrong in the world
ohwell.gif

All the programs are a joke to the BBC? Do you listen to On Point, Leonard Lopate, Diane Reihm, etc.?

I don't think you know what you are talking about.

All the programs are a joke to the BBC? Do you listen to On Point, Leonard Lopate, Diane Reihm, etc.?

laugh.gif
@ shooting drills...

Being in the DMV (ESPECIALLY in the wake of the sniper from back in 02'), folks woulda caught wind of this if it was going on in the public schools.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Tell Me More, Leanard Lopate (i know his daughter.. random..), On Point, Brian Lehrer, Radiolab, The Takeaway, On the media, are all good, but they pale in comparison to the quality AND quanitity of the BBC world service

Tell Me More, Leanard Lopate (i know his daughter.. random..), On Point, Brian Lehrer, Radiolab, The Takeaway, On the media, are all good, but they pale in comparison to the quality AND quanitity of the BBC world service

laugh.gif
@ shooting drills...

Being in the DMV (ESPECIALLY in the wake of the sniper from back in 02'), folks woulda caught wind of this if it was going on in the public schools.

Originally Posted by Weekz

You're calling it a joke though. Nvm. Carry on.

For the ones that are shocked, maybe you guys just aren't following the news.

#1, 2, 3, 5, 8 have all been on the news in the past few weeks. They have all been on the homepage of Google News.
#4 is just focusing on Christian cult-esque groups (they probably aren't focusing on Westboro because we all know they are just dumb-##*++ lol). Also like what JamesEarl said, our government focus' on groups that are a threat to the power of the government. Which are basically the extremist groups.
I feel like #7 is just one of those geographical oddities that occur every now and then but because of the Internet it gets more attention.
#10 I went through like 3 of them during High School 4 years ago, nothing new. It wasn't so bad. Like you knew there wasn't a gunman because the ambiance of the classroom, or sometimes the teacher just was lazy and flat out told us "I'm lazy, and I don't want you guys to freak out..." Honestly, I support this because if there is drastic event, the students need some sort of direction instead of them running aimlessly in chaos.
#11 was all over StumbleUpon-esque websites a few months back.

This website is just like CNN and all those other media outlets. They have an agenda to focus on, which skews some of the truth.
It's similar to when we write a something, we only write through our own perspective and beliefs.
If you read this list more than once with an open mind, it's evident that the context and syntax of this author's writing is biased and focused on a specific objective.
Which makes this just like all the other news outlets.
By the way, for those who want to incorporate yourselves into the current events of the world, you guys need to follow news sources from all over the world.
I watch an Asia news station sometimes and they frequently talk about North Korea, the flooding/poverty issue in China, and the nuclear issues of Japan.

For the ones that are shocked, maybe you guys just aren't following the news.

#1, 2, 3, 5, 8 have all been on the news in the past few weeks. They have all been on the homepage of Google News.
#4 is just focusing on Christian cult-esque groups (they probably aren't focusing on Westboro because we all know they are just dumb-##*++ lol). Also like what JamesEarl said, our government focus' on groups that are a threat to the power of the government. Which are basically the extremist groups.
I feel like #7 is just one of those geographical oddities that occur every now and then but because of the Internet it gets more attention.
#10 I went through like 3 of them during High School 4 years ago, nothing new. It wasn't so bad. Like you knew there wasn't a gunman because the ambiance of the classroom, or sometimes the teacher just was lazy and flat out told us "I'm lazy, and I don't want you guys to freak out..." Honestly, I support this because if there is drastic event, the students need some sort of direction instead of them running aimlessly in chaos.
#11 was all over StumbleUpon-esque websites a few months back.

This website is just like CNN and all those other media outlets. They have an agenda to focus on, which skews some of the truth.
It's similar to when we write a something, we only write through our own perspective and beliefs.
If you read this list more than once with an open mind, it's evident that the context and syntax of this author's writing is biased and focused on a specific objective.
Which makes this just like all the other news outlets.
By the way, for those who want to incorporate yourselves into the current events of the world, you guys need to follow news sources from all over the world.
I watch an Asia news station sometimes and they frequently talk about North Korea, the flooding/poverty issue in China, and the nuclear issues of Japan.

im just saying that for the US market its fine. internationally speaking they are a joke.  better explained?

im just saying that for the US market its fine. internationally speaking they are a joke.  better explained?

Right on. Comparing apples to oranges.

sometimes you have to compare the domestic programs with the foreign programs to see how they stake up. it happens all the time.  german cars vs us cars. japanese games vs us games.  sometimes the us comes out on top and sometimes it doesn't. in terms of news programming NPR is not on the BBC's level but good for its own market.

Back
Top Bottom