12 things the US media is being quiet about Vol. It just got really REAL .....

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Right on. Comparing apples to oranges.

sometimes you have to compare the domestic programs with the foreign programs to see how they stake up. it happens all the time.  german cars vs us cars. japanese games vs us games.  sometimes the us comes out on top and sometimes it doesn't. in terms of news programming NPR is not on the BBC's level but good for its own market.

Npr is way better than bbc. As an american, you cant even access the real bbc unless your on the torrent or doing other things. YoU will hear about stuff on npr that you would never even think about or see in mainstreem media outlets like bbc. The funding is.a non issue for npr. They do pledge drives, have plenty of private donors and endowments. Federal funding was not even thier majority source of money.

Npr is way better than bbc. As an american, you cant even access the real bbc unless your on the torrent or doing other things. YoU will hear about stuff on npr that you would never even think about or see in mainstreem media outlets like bbc. The funding is.a non issue for npr. They do pledge drives, have plenty of private donors and endowments. Federal funding was not even thier majority source of money.

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

For the ones that are shocked, maybe you guys just aren't following the news.

#1, 2, 3, 5, 8 have all been on the news in the past few weeks. They have all been on the homepage of Google News.
#4 is just focusing on Christian cult-esque groups (they probably aren't focusing on Westboro because we all know they are just dumb-##*++ lol). Also like what JamesEarl said, our government focus' on groups that are a threat to the power of the government. Which are basically the extremist groups.
I feel like #7 is just one of those geographical oddities that occur every now and then but because of the Internet it gets more attention.
#10 I went through like 3 of them during High School 4 years ago, nothing new. It wasn't so bad. Like you knew there wasn't a gunman because the ambiance of the classroom, or sometimes the teacher just was lazy and flat out told us "I'm lazy, and I don't want you guys to freak out..." Honestly, I support this because if there is drastic event, the students need some sort of direction instead of them running aimlessly in chaos.
#11 was all over StumbleUpon-esque websites a few months back.

This website is just like CNN and all those other media outlets. They have an agenda to focus on, which skews some of the truth.
It's similar to when we write a something, we only write through our own perspective and beliefs.
If you read this list more than once with an open mind, it's evident that the context and syntax of this author's writing is biased and focused on a specific objective.
Which makes this just like all the other news outlets.
By the way, for those who want to incorporate yourselves into the current events of the world, you guys need to follow news sources from all over the world.
I watch an Asia news station sometimes and they frequently talk about North Korea, the flooding/poverty issue in China, and the nuclear issues of Japan.
Co-sign
I read the Economist, Business, Wallstreet Journal, and watch BBC, PBS Newshour, and Headline News. Just expand your resources a little and you'll be informed about most major events happening worldwide. You can't just reflect the US media on local newspapers and a few cable news networks. And as he said, some of the current events are limited to Regional reports; I was watching some Russian national news the other day and they reported things I had no idea about, just like a friend of mine from Ireland had no idea about the fire in Arizona until he got back to the US. Research before you pass judgement.

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

For the ones that are shocked, maybe you guys just aren't following the news.

#1, 2, 3, 5, 8 have all been on the news in the past few weeks. They have all been on the homepage of Google News.
#4 is just focusing on Christian cult-esque groups (they probably aren't focusing on Westboro because we all know they are just dumb-##*++ lol). Also like what JamesEarl said, our government focus' on groups that are a threat to the power of the government. Which are basically the extremist groups.
I feel like #7 is just one of those geographical oddities that occur every now and then but because of the Internet it gets more attention.
#10 I went through like 3 of them during High School 4 years ago, nothing new. It wasn't so bad. Like you knew there wasn't a gunman because the ambiance of the classroom, or sometimes the teacher just was lazy and flat out told us "I'm lazy, and I don't want you guys to freak out..." Honestly, I support this because if there is drastic event, the students need some sort of direction instead of them running aimlessly in chaos.
#11 was all over StumbleUpon-esque websites a few months back.

This website is just like CNN and all those other media outlets. They have an agenda to focus on, which skews some of the truth.
It's similar to when we write a something, we only write through our own perspective and beliefs.
If you read this list more than once with an open mind, it's evident that the context and syntax of this author's writing is biased and focused on a specific objective.
Which makes this just like all the other news outlets.
By the way, for those who want to incorporate yourselves into the current events of the world, you guys need to follow news sources from all over the world.
I watch an Asia news station sometimes and they frequently talk about North Korea, the flooding/poverty issue in China, and the nuclear issues of Japan.
Co-sign
I read the Economist, Business, Wallstreet Journal, and watch BBC, PBS Newshour, and Headline News. Just expand your resources a little and you'll be informed about most major events happening worldwide. You can't just reflect the US media on local newspapers and a few cable news networks. And as he said, some of the current events are limited to Regional reports; I was watching some Russian national news the other day and they reported things I had no idea about, just like a friend of mine from Ireland had no idea about the fire in Arizona until he got back to the US. Research before you pass judgement.

Originally Posted by Wr

Yesterday, On Point had a 45 minute segment on the possible end of civilization as we know with Paul Gilding. It's not puff pieces at all. Diane Reihm did an hour on Afghanistan yesterday. No bs purported.

Originally Posted by Wr

Yesterday, On Point had a 45 minute segment on the possible end of civilization as we know with Paul Gilding. It's not puff pieces at all. Diane Reihm did an hour on Afghanistan yesterday. No bs purported.

Originally Posted by Wr

She has a great show. I think I was listening to a program yesterday about the study of birds evolving from dinosaurs and how aviation is studying how feathers can be replicated on planes for efficiency. I was like wow, all things relly are consideredI just recently started watching the russian news @ rt.com very interesting perspective on current events

Originally Posted by Wr

She has a great show. I think I was listening to a program yesterday about the study of birds evolving from dinosaurs and how aviation is studying how feathers can be replicated on planes for efficiency. I was like wow, all things relly are consideredI just recently started watching the russian news @ rt.com very interesting perspective on current events

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by Wr

She has a great show. I think I was listening to a program yesterday about the study of birds evolving from dinosaurs and how aviation is studying how feathers can be replicated on planes for efficiency. I was like wow, all things relly are considered

Where can I check these programs out? I get most of my info from Russia Today, BBC, and various smaller sources.

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by Wr

She has a great show. I think I was listening to a program yesterday about the study of birds evolving from dinosaurs and how aviation is studying how feathers can be replicated on planes for efficiency. I was like wow, all things relly are considered

Where can I check these programs out? I get most of my info from Russia Today, BBC, and various smaller sources.

i don't think npr is a joke. ill listen to npr over hot 97 and power 1051 anyday....thats real talk btw.

i don't think npr is a joke. ill listen to npr over hot 97 and power 1051 anyday....thats real talk btw.

Originally Posted by James Earl Zones

Originally Posted by Wr

iTunes podcasts. I also have the NPR app on my phone and iPad.

Originally Posted by James Earl Zones

Originally Posted by Wr

iTunes podcasts. I also have the NPR app on my phone and iPad.

The media has been a joke for years now. Sports media included. I've been without cable for two years now and my main "breaking" news spot is NT. No joke. Unfiltered, and you're able to formulate your own opinions.

It's hard to have conversations with normal folk these days, because all they seem to do is regurgitate what they here on their broadcast of choice.
30t6p3b.gif

The media has been a joke for years now. Sports media included. I've been without cable for two years now and my main "breaking" news spot is NT. No joke. Unfiltered, and you're able to formulate your own opinions.

It's hard to have conversations with normal folk these days, because all they seem to do is regurgitate what they here on their broadcast of choice.
30t6p3b.gif

2012 is gonna be an interesting year, to say the least.  At this point, I'll be happy if we get to see TDKR cuz it looks like North Korea and/or Iran wants the business then there's the predicted solar flare, which is supposed to take out our electricity.

2012 is gonna be an interesting year, to say the least.  At this point, I'll be happy if we get to see TDKR cuz it looks like North Korea and/or Iran wants the business then there's the predicted solar flare, which is supposed to take out our electricity.

you're really naive if you think the bbc is in any way, shape or form different from a network like cnn

they may sound like they cover more international news, but don't be fooled by the british accent

it's still driven by special interests

you're really naive if you think the bbc is in any way, shape or form different from a network like cnn

they may sound like they cover more international news, but don't be fooled by the british accent

it's still driven by special interests

Back
Top Bottom