150 lbs black belt vs. 250 lbs body builder

Just as much as you say that there is no proof that Bruce Lee could not actually street fight, you can't name very many fighting skills that Mike Tyson has.

I've literally made a decision to not partake in conversations with NTers who are not knowledgeable on the subject matter, regardless of the subject. So when you can come to me and name 5 fighting skills that xxx boxer has, I will discuss.

But you can't.

Guess nobody is as smart as you grandmaster lol. Outta here...

I can't believe people are in here saying Bruce Lee wouldn't murder Tyson.

You people sound ridiculous. There's no video of Tyson in anything other than a boxing match. Y'all have no idea how he would fair against a martial artist.

"Oh, but he be punching fools real hard and fast, tho." :lol:

Just as much as you say that there is no proof that Bruce Lee could not actually street fight, you can't name very many fighting skills that Mike Tyson has.

I've literally made a decision to not partake in conversations with NTers who are not knowledgeable on the subject matter, regardless of the subject. So when you can come to me and name 5 fighting skills that xxx boxer has, I will discuss.

But you can't.

Guess nobody is as smart as you grandmaster lol. Outta here...

Was that your attempt "BLASTERCOMBO"?

:rofl:

lmfao

Ah, man. :lol:

Last edited:

But you can't.
That's a pretty big factor.  Mike himself said, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."  Mike had plenty of skills: timing, head movement, bobbing and weaving, combination punching, body punching, counter punching, etc.  

And do people really think a professional boxer couldn't hold his own in a street fight?  Lol.  I can tell who hasn't ever stepped foot in a boxing gym.

Last edited:

But you can't.
That's a pretty big factor.  Mike himself said, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."  Mike had plenty of skills: timing, head movement, bobbing and weaving, combination punching, body punching, counter punching, etc.  

And do people really think a professional boxer couldn't hold his own in a street fight?  Lol.  I can tell who hasn't ever stepped foot in a boxing gym.

All I said was name 5 skills bro. :lol:

See how that easy that was. :lol:

But in reality:

timing = counter punching = 1 skill

head movement = bobbing and weaving = 1 skill

combination punching = body punching = "punching" = ....1 skill, meh

What makes you think that "martial arts" doesn't focus on NOT getting punched in the face? Are we assuming that is something overlooked in the "martial arts"?

If you are knowledgeable about boxing as you say, how many inches does it take to not get punched in the face? And you're not going to know this answer just by hitting a punching bag and showing up to a gym.

Last edited:
I truly believe Tony Jaa can take out Tyson.,,

tony jaa was out here in SF training at my old muay thai gym(fairtex). dude is all movie+gymnastics/acrobatics and faaaaaaaaar from a real fighter. would of gotten KTFO by our women fighters. Tyson would end his bloodline. :x

View media item 679970
tony jaa with my old muay thai instructor jongsanan

Last edited:
I never said Bruce would beat Tyson (eventhough I know he could easily take out Tyson's knee's with a one well placed kick before Tyson even got in punching range), I'm mainly just shaking my head at how loudly y'all talk about topics y'all know little about.

Just like the DWade/Mayweather thread.

Y'all overrate the crap out of Tyson btw.

Hyping up all of those explosive Tyson knockouts are akin to thinking Vince Carter was better than he was because he was a great dunker.

Mike always drowned when taken into deep waters, every single time.

Last edited:
I truly believe Tony Jaa can take out Tyson.,,

tony jaa was out here in SF training at my old muay thai gym(fairtex). dude is all movie+gymnastics/acrobatics and faaaaaaaaar from a real fighter. would of gotten KTFO by our women fighters.

View media item 679970
tony jaa with my old muay thai instructor jongsanan

The Wooden Man! :smokin I think I fought at one his tournaments a way back.

All I said was name 5 skills bro.
laugh.gif

See how that easy that was.
laugh.gif

But in reality:

What makes you think that "martial arts" doesn't focus on NOT getting punched in the face? Are we assuming that is something overlooked in the "martial arts"?

If you are knowledgeable about boxing as you say, how many inches does it take to not get punched in the face?
No, but do you really believe that Lee's punch resistance would be able to withstand Mikes power?  For all you know, he could have a glass jaw.

I've been to a Don Inosanto session. My guru was trained by Don Inosanto. If Don says Bruce Lee was toying with a driver, he was toying with a driver. The Bruce Lee/Don Inosanto tree is not about impressing judges. It's about dismembering fighters and rendering them completely useless of life.

I never said Bruce would beat Tyson, I'm just shaking my head at how loudly y'all talk about topics y'all know little about.

Just like the DWade/Mayweather thread.

Y'all overrate the crap out of Tyson too.
But there's proof that Mike Tyson had insane ability.  Bruce Lee was nothing more than an actor.  SRL would tax that ***.

All I said was name 5 skills bro. :lol:

See how that easy that was. :lol:

But in reality:

If you are knowledgeable about boxing as you say, how many inches does it take to not get punched in the face?

No, but do you really believe that Lee's punch resistance would be able to withstand Mikes power?  For all you know, he could have a glass jaw.

Be like water my friend. Just like I said earlier about side kicking not being a goto move, punching someone boxing style is the last thing you want to do against someone trained in a legitimate martial arts. They even teach you that in the military.

There's a reason that boxers wear gloves and tape around their wrist. It's not to protect the face. It's to protect the wrist, the knuckles, and every tendon and bone in between. I've ended fights simply by blocking punches and kicks without even throwing a punch or resorting to grappling. I also boxed in middle school. I know what's real out there.

The only real rule of fighting is that anybody can beat you at any given time.

Last edited:

"I was scared, I was nervous...."

The sport of boxing is totally different than no holds barred street fighting.

Bruce was trained to stay composed in those situations to use his legs to keep distance, to break joints, dislocate limbs, hit pressure points, use leverage and inertia, gouge eyes, smash windpipes etc.

I would put him money on him against Tyson in a street fight.

Not that he wasn't a very good fighter but as someone that follows the sport of boxing closely, I find the more people hype up Tyson, the less they usually know about the sport.

Last edited:
Be like water my friend. Just like I said earlier about side kicking not being a goto move, punching someone boxing style is the last thing you want to do against someone trained in a legitimate martial arts. They even teach you that in the military.

There's a reason that boxers wear gloves and tape around their wrist. It's not to protect the face. It's to protect the wrist, the knuckles, and every tendon and bone in between. I've ended fights simply by blocking punches and kicks without even throwing a punch or resorting to grappling. I also boxed in middle school. I know what's real out there.

I know this man.  So how do you think Bruce would approach a fight with a trained boxer that knows how and when to place precise punches that will cause critical damage?  He's not going to be able to process each and every one of his opponent's steps if he's not trained to defend himself in that arena.

I know this man.  So how do you think Bruce would approach a fight with a trained boxer that knows how and when to place precise punches that will cause critical damage?  He's not going to be able to process each and every one of his opponent's steps if he's not trained to defend himself in that arena.

If it were Bruce Lee, he would do a front kick but that's only because he can pull it off. I already explained the rest to you in that same post that you quoted, but you missed it.

"Someone with only a year of training in boxing and wrestling could easily defeat a martial artist of twenty years experience."
--Bruce Lee

hmm boxing and wrestling. sound familiar? oh yeah it's what we see today in the UFC/MMA. bruce lee was the original mixed martial artist because his philosophy was to use what works and to discard what doesnt. dude was ahead of his time. he saw through countless non-sense in traditional martial arts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom