2007 - Whole Lot Of @#%$ Has Changed.

i already knew that the xi's were not going to come out since i do work for you know who, i talked to an ekin and he told me that the xi's are jordans favorite and most precious to the brand and they want to keep it more sacred more precious not just releasing it but i do see jordan brand going down but they are still selling out so it is not over yet, they are still making money so we will just wait and see

:rofl:
roll.gif
I'm lovin' this @#%$ :rofl:
roll.gif

If only the animosity could be felt in JB's bottom line....

"What really has began to piss me off about the whole thing is so far out of 11 pages of posts, no one's actually gone into full postal mode of boycotting Jordan. Looking at the calendar, there is NOTHING coming out in August that is an OG or a new shoe. And I know a bunch of you little weasels out there are just going to DIE for the hype on the Carolina V and the Royal V, but why? Neither are exactly appealing, the Carolina is the EXACT SAME COLORWAY as the XIV that looked like junk. For once, can we PLEASE come together and unanimously vote to boycott the month of August? It's back to school time, buy pencils, notebooks, hookers, sex change operations, donkey shows, whatever else but ANYTHING NOT JORDAN for this month? It's a slow month, and Jordan seems to have this image of us being sheep, just lead them to slaughter, and fleece their wallets along the way.

I would venture a guess that about 80% of the people on here don't care half as much about the new colors as they do about OGs, and ain't none of the V's, IV's or anything else coming out in August are OGs. Instead of crying in our milk, vodka, Mickey's, or whatever else, can we actually pull our head's out of our asses and do something for a change? I said it before, the internet is a wonderful tool for people from around the world to have one voice. We did wonders getting the plastic changed on the IV's already. If we stand up, and save ourselves $300 or more in August not buying junk shoes, I think we have a far greater chance of getting a change in the way business is done, rather than sitting here booing and demanding someone be fired."

I have boycotted and will continue to boycott JB. I was looking forward to the Mars IVs but I didn't buy because I knew they were going to be as cheap as the Cards. Its been 3 months since my last JB pick up and I will continue to boycott until those idiots at JB start listening to their consumers. To the haters who say that will never happen, you are right it will never happen. What does it change? Nothing but over time it will eventually snow ball and you go copp your new jordans at target. :smokin
smokin.gif
:smokin
smokin.gif
:smokin
smokin.gif

"Yooo!!Molesta La Breastas!!!"- Don Vito

I'm down for boycotting August. Everyone else? But it's not too hard for me. I only made one JB purchase all year. DMP.

Quote:
For once, I'd like to see somebody from high up in JB come and address the forum. I don't want to hear what they think from other people. I want somebody to have the balls to come on here and talk to us.
That would be very interesting. Assume, Gentry met with a focus group of a few select NikeTalk members to gain feedback from the die-hard fans.
Not everything he would hear would fit into his strategies, I guess, but maybe it would put his mind back on track.

Of course, he would have to meet with some of the more reasonable guys on here, like Meth and you know who else ... not the guys crying "fire Gentry" simply because it's become kinda trendy to say this.

Attaq
Please check out my website: For the Love of the Game (Last Update: March 13 2005)

hummmm well i never thought i would have herd this lol BABY J ventin lol but i assume that number 23 will be the last of what was the best shoe line ever. but realy JB needs to pull sumtin out their asses to get it back up yo. these new jays eg 21s look like TEAM jays not one @#%$ is going on lol they look like replicas lol
Work Like A Slave 'N' Eat Like A King

For me I am gone from checking the JB forum about 80% of the time to 40% and rest of the time checking Nike Retro (for Dunks). JB is just not that exciting anymore.

- Most colorways suck (mostly Retro+)
- Quality suck (in terms of money-for-quality-wise: $ 175 for that quality)
- I personanly do not like Gentry's ideas, his colorways etc
- Some Retros looks like Fakes

PERIOD. I am about to switch all to Dunks and Air Max.

=
- Grenade Bombdrop Hoodie sz Medium - Levis, Ralph Lauren Jeans sz34 for Dunks - Puma bag
- Puma Track Jacket XXL - Jordan UNC Cat Scratch Shorts sz Large
- Jordan Yellow Sweater sz XL (match Tour IVs)

OG XIV sz9.5, Adidas FTR sz9
[WANTED] NDS, B-Grade sz 9 Black Melvins & Carhartt sz 9.5

Quote:
For once, I'd like to see somebody from high up in JB come and address the forum. I don't want to hear what they think from other people. I want somebody to have the balls to come on here and talk to us.

They'd rather be in an SC event....

Quote:
So, what we wind up with is something that 'looks' like something we all hold near and dear but is not nearly to the level of quality as the original.

wow, when I was in foot locker on friday looking at the mars with these 2 other cats and the employees, I said this almost word for word, while they were beasting over them

What I don't get is why. BabyJ says the 99 days are over, but why? I've said fire Gentry for years, I haven't and won't change my opinion on that. He's foolish. Why not include Nike Air on the shoes? Why change them? They'd make much more money if they did. I'm beginning to believe Gentry is either:

1. A mentally challenged individual
or
2. A mentally challenged individual

He seems to not care about the history of the shoes, or the collectors who have been here for a while. Dude needs to steer clear of the streets, he's making people wanna terminate him.
SNAKE!

boycotting august won't do much. you really want to see how much you people can hurt them, try boycotting december. that's what i'm going to do. I ain't buying another reto Jordan sneaker again. the next sneaker i buy from them should probably me in March.

I really am sick of all these problems. I'm moving to another line and let's see if others follow. LeBron, Kobe, TMac, Iverson, Vick... these lines are on the rise, JB is on a downfall. So if you're looking for a new outlet for your sneaker addiction, these lines are the new Jordans lines.

To echo what anticop said, I've gone from solely coming here for this forum back in 2002, to spending about 10% of my time here.

That is pretty bad news, BUT...

Now that I have the fire red IV's, and as long as I get the military blue IV's, the grapes, the fire red V's and fire red III's... as far as I am concerned, Brand Jordan can stop releasing retros altogether... I will have all my grails and will be done collecting.

Gentry won't place Nike Air back on the shoes because the General Public won't know they're Jordans. Jordan Brand higher-ups are choosing to ignore their loyal customers and redirect their appeal to the younger trend hoppers who simply buy whatever is in. Right now, it happens to be whatever has a Jumpman on em.

I'm fine with what Gentry is doing with all the Retro+ colorways. Some are a hit. Most are a miss. They for the most part, always sell out. The retro+'s appeal to the general public, but hold little or no historical and sentimental significance in the hearts of it's loyal customers. But why can't he simple appease the loyal heads with a simple Nike Air on a few releases, the OG colorway releases?

I think at this point, with the Mars, a small portion of general population is just beginning to faintly realize what Retros are, what teams are, what their flagship models are. But the fact is, they are still simply just buying into the latest fad, which are Jordan Brand shoes.

JB is riding this fad/craze. They're whoring themselves out. They're on a road to killing their own legacy. They're taking the wrong route. Yes, profits are soaring. Yes, sales are up. But fads eventually die out. The kids eventually find something new. If they appease the long-time customers, they will always have a decent consumer base to buy their products. At this rate, with so many people heated, it's hard to say whether or not these people will continue buying Jordan products. Their "lifetime" customers, who have sworn to keep buynig Jordans until the day they die, or until the Brand dies, whichever comes first, might strongly reconsider their statement imo and may even retract it all togetherimo.

There have been legendary retro+s in the past like Space Jams, Laneys, etc were big. Altitudes were little overrated imo, that's just my opinion though. Nowadays, since there are so many retro+ releases, I guess it's hard to get excited over a retro+.

So yes, in the short run, JB is doing it big. They have every kid buying their shoes simply cause the media tells them they're dope. In the long run, these kids will find the next "hot" item and sales will slump. Only this time, many of the customers that grew up on the pre-legendary JB will also have moved on.

Just my two cents.

Forget August, boycott the rest of the year. People just want to do it in August because the Militaries are coming out in September. Grow some balls!!!

Quote:
Forget August, boycott the rest of the year. People just want to do it in August because the Militaries are coming out in September. Grow some balls!!!

Lol, I'm not gonna deny it.
wink.gif

People claiming Fire Gentry reminds me of the Buck Fush phase around election time. Also, no one but the hardcore fans really give two shiznits about whether Jordans release with Nike Air or a Jumpman. ANd even still among the diehards, most of them will still buy it regardless. A boycott will not result in anything. If we took everyone from every sneaker messageboard to boycott it still wouldn't do a damn thing with regards to sell. There'd just other people filling in those spaces and getting those pairs.

You passed doing what you loved the most
R.I.P. John LaBarbera
1989 - 10/17/2005
Even though you're gone, we're still a team

Back
Top Bottom