2007 - Whole Lot Of @#%$ Has Changed.

yea its called hypebeasts will be filling those spaces. right now jb is close to its peak hype with 2007 being its peak. if you dont think jb will fall off after that similar to the sb hype where they release new sbs ever week in wack colors then jb has pretty much brainwashed your diluted thinking already. hypebeasts are the only ones that would believe jb has a bright future the way theyre headed right now.

Fire Gentry Humphrey​

Quote:
Could the Reebok IVERSON line be reasonably expected to succeed after IVERSON is no longer playing?

Trust me, Reebok will most likely not make the same mistake that Jordan Brand did. Reebok may just re-release the shoes every so often for a while or something similar, but they will not follow the Jordan Legacy, or at least it seems like it at this moment in time.

I have a weird feeling about Jordan Brand's future.
-Nealraj006

A boycott? You guys aren't getting anywhere with that.

Hype > boycott

All this talk about Jordan Brand being over are just rumors. No disrespect to BabyJ but he is just a messenger and I am sure he is told exactly what to post here.

Look at Nike's consolidated financial statements for the 2006 fiscal year, ended May 31, 2006.
www.nike.com/nikebiz/inve...s/q406.pdf

Quote:
ed May 31, 2006. For the fiscal year, revenues grew 9 percent to
$15.0 billion, compared to $13.7 billion last year.[/b]
Quote:

Philip H. Knight, Chairman of the Board of Directors

Mark Parker, President & Chief Executive Officer, Nike, Inc.

Larry Miller, President, The Jordan Brand

Those are the 3 heads I would complain to. If you're dissatisfied with Gentry's performance,

Their first mistake was abolishing "Nike Air" on the back of those shoes that were born with/from it. Their second mistake is thinking that Team Jordans are the way to go. Their third mistake is killing the Retro craze.

JB, Gentry, whoever may read this: ALL you have to do to keep us NTers and loyal customers in it for the long haul is STEP UP YOUR QUALITY and GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE with your NECESSITY to place a JUMPMAN in a place where the NIKE AIR LOGO belongs.

I had this all thought out and typed and it was an incredibly long read, but the backspace button took me back a page and when I came back everything was gone. I was heated and none of this really matters now, BUT.....Above is a small portion of an immense section of me RIPPING JB. I'm kinda glad I didn't get to post it. I might be flamed :smile:
smile.gif

Check out Items for Sale by ajb32 on eBay for Jordans and other Jordan stuff
Wanted: True Blue III box sz11, DS Cool Grey IV sz11, DS or VNDS Bred XI sz11, ANY other XIs sz11, both colors of Laser IVs sz11. Hit me up in my inbox.

I think its kinda funny that some don't believe Jordans can fall off.

The moment they decided to give up that solid image and risk longevity to become a trendy, hypebeast feeding company, I knew that their demise has been expedited. They are truly cashing in now, but when the next thing comes along, will the fanbase have lost all interest? I truly believe that there will be another sig line that can truly challenge AJ's, especially with MJ long gone.

AI's line could've done some damage, but their designs were sorely lacking.

^^ i like that idea sunDOOBIE, we need to get meth to put our thoughs and opinions into some well written paragraphs and attach a petition to it.

Word...

I'm down for making a change in the way JB is running things. I am really starting to see a collaspe of an empire in the next year or two. Honestly, MJ has been too much of an cultural icon and inspiration for me. I really don't want JB to tarnish his legacy due to temporary fashion.

BRAVES BASEBALL​
....yeah right​

Quote:
There have been legendary retro+s in the past like Space Jams, Laneys, etc were big

The Laney's were big......for re-sellers. Nobody bought those, they were a dud. Now they are selling for $300-400 DS, when people were snatching them up for $29.99-$39.99 (No Typo).

I don't understand why JB changed direction. Before they kept OG colorways intact. For example the Black/Red IV were amazing. Nike Air in the back, plastic wings, parallel netting/mesh. They were awesome. Then they released the 'Oreo's" and the "Blings" (Stupid nicknames :rolleyes
eyes.gif
), and they were terrible. I remember nobody liked them, no netting/mesh, jumpman on the tongue (No flight patch), a jumpman on the back. Initially at that point (99-00) it seemed JB would release OG colorways intact and tweek the Retro + colorways.

However they decided to slap the Jumpman on everything, :smh:
nono.gif
Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
Campanella - Drysdale - Koufax - Lasorda - Robinson - Valenzuela - Hershiser - Gagne​

some people are just completely slow. i mean do you really need an explanation as to why jb sales are doing so well right now and probably in 2007 as well? i mean its like people wondering how sbs could fall off in 2004 when sbs and dunks in general were at its peak.

Fire Gentry Humphrey​

it sucks for people like me, who've been waiting all of their lives to get those jordans. i mean, i grew up in a single-parent home since i was 7 (my father passed away). it was tough. my mom doesn't make nearly enough, but through God's help...we survive. I grew up with Michael Jordan being my favorite basketball player. i watched him win 6 titles and i used to write "air jordans" and draw a stick figure on my bobo's...cuz i could NEVER afford those jays i wanted.

now, with the news of a whole lot more retro+ crap coming out, i may never be able to cop them in my life (at least without having to put a second mortgage on my house! especially those damn 11's GRRRRR >:
mad.gif
)

i'm down with writing letters to the nike heads and signing a petition...

and if this crap is true, i'm moving on to lebrons...

i love MJ, but damn...Gentry's effin' up...
i wonder what jordan has to say about all of this?
Philippines[/b]
mber No.23[/b]​
"I have no respect for him. I think he's a pompous, arrogant individual." -Raja Bell on Kobe Bryant​

Damn man I hope you guys are more passionate about other things in life then just sneakers. I love them Jordans as well but Damn you guys are alittle weird I mean Like one guy said it's a business, Stop getting mad at gentry and get mad at Nike in general. I never heard of Jordan Brand having their own factory to produce sneakers. So if Jordans have bad quality so does other Nikes. Also if you want certain sneakers to be released stop talking about gentry this and gentry that. talk about the Main man MICHAEAL JORDAn i mean last time I check he was the man in charge.

^^^ I understand what you're saying, but, think about it this way. If you bought concert tickets to your favorite group/band, wouldn't you expect an awesome show? Now, if you went to that show and just saw people doing a half-assed job, wouldn't you get a little angry? You paid for an awesome show, not some mediocre act.

Quote:
If you bought concert tickets to your favorite group/band, wouldn't you expect an awesome show? Now, if you went to that show and just saw people doing a half-assed job, wouldn't you get a little angry? You paid for an awesome show, not some mediocre act

^^^If someone actually writes a letter to JB for others to sign, this statement should be in there somewhere.
Get up. Get out. And get somethin.

JB doesnt know that for every jordan release we niketalkers campout/line up for a shoe and are risking our lives in some way. Come on sleeping outside for the night for a pair of SHOES thats risky but JB doesnt recognize this and gives us crap like this.

You dont know any second sum1 could just break out a gun for a pair of shoes, we've witnessed that happen many times.

Just by lining up or camping out something could happen. But we all know JB doesnt give 2 @#%$ and would rather take the money over a dead body anyday

@#%$ JB after the 3s im done

Baby J
Forward this to the people in charge. Why worry about 11's releasing when JB is falling. Like everyone else stated "F Gentry".

i just dont inderstand JB's logic. they KNOW we want NIKE AIR, but keep acting like if they do it, sales are gonna plummet or sales wouldn't be as good.

they say they are trying to promote the brand as being on its own. why?

does it bother ANYONE here that they are with NIKE?

Is ANYONE here buying LESS because they are with NIKE?

IS THERE ANYONE THAT WOULD BUY LESS IF THE SHOES HAD NIKE AIR?

Do they think that the average consumer wouldn't buy JB products because they are apart of NIKE?

did the 99-01 retroes not sell with NIKE AIR?

it doesn't make any sense. im sure if someone did a random survey about the best athletic sneaker brand, Nike would win.

i know there are atleast 1,000 people that are thinking the way im thinking.

07 blk/silver 5s. no NIKE AIR id buy 1-2 MAX, NIKE AIR id buy minimum 4-5. multiplied by 1000, that raises sales from 1-2 thousand pairs to 4 or 5 thousand. at $135, thats $135,000 to $675,000 dollars. all because of a simple logo that belongs there in the firest place.

Is there ANYONE here that would make complaints to a retro with NIKE AIR? (not including those who just dropped bread on them, or who dont want everyone having something they have)

????????

Quote:
Exit Jordan Enter LeBron

I'm beginning to see it that way as well. On its own merits, I would take Lebrons II, III and IV over Jordans XVII-XIX and XXI. Hell, I would take the Kobe I over the AJ XXI.

"Air Jordan" carries just that much weight. I own all of those Jordans mentioned and NONE of those Nikes. But I am in the process of correcting my mistakes.

Pretty much Rock Deep... :lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And I asked him specifically at the event in front of everyone, "What are you doing to combat fakes and what can you explain regarding the fake III advertisement and fake black IV shirt at finishline?"

He then pretty much gave an embarassed run-around answer.

You should sticky your "what will you do when..." thread so more heads can read some thoughts...and if JB thinks the non-performance team line and limited performance game shoe that will NEVER be worn on court is the way to go...well....enjoy a 1985-2010 career.

the end is definately near and everybody can c that, but y do they have to go and mess up the classics that everybody wants one last shot at

Quote:
Sorry to say but WRONG. No one ON NT gives a damn about the team line. however, the general public loves these shoes. How many people do you see rocking team J's? I see mothers, dads, children, babysitters, everyone rocking team J's. They're afordable and these people get to be wearing "jordans". There have been plenty of times while I'm out people will say "hey you rock J's too!!!" and they'll be wearing a team J. The public does not make the distiction of the team line vs. the flagship models. Hell they don't even make the distiction of retros vs new J's. We here at NT might not buy the Dubs, teams, or 8x colors of the IV but the mass market does. When consumers who are looking to go buy shoes go to footlocker, footaction, finishline, or whatever they see team J's and see a jumpman on them they think to themselves "oh these are Jordans, YEAH! Oh snap only 79 bucks!" and they buy them. They don't care if its the XXII, XIV's, teams, trunners or whatever as long as they have a jumpan on them. The bottom line is that JB makes money off these consumers. We represent a very small profit to JB and although our passion is much deeper for the flagship and OG's JB turns their back to us to follow the $$. Does it suck? Hell yes, but as a business sense this is what JB has chosen to follow. What we can do is not buy anymore of their crap and have another $150 in your pocket. The only way to make them understand is to hurt them and the only way to hurt them is to NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY.

I agree. Like Scarface said 'dem cats are smart' Who else can "oversaturate" a market, raise the price, lower quality/production cost and still sell? Thats crazy @#%$ I work at the mall and ya'll won't believe the "ignorant" things people say about jordans. Most of us were like that before we found out about NT and became educated. To the 5%ers keep on teaching.

Another thing is ya'll are really nit-picking. "I'm crying, my IV's have a jumpman on the back even though imma be wearing jeans and the heel is gonna be covered" :rolleyes
eyes.gif
It's a lose-lose situation, dude said they were going to make variations to the shoes a while ago so that people that had OG's could cherish their shoes. I know yall elitist cats would be >:
mad.gif
if anyone could just swap a retro into an OG box and front that its the real thing.

Gentry, get money, eff @#%$ and do you

We Takin It Way Back
Those were the days...​

Back
Top Bottom