2008 - XX3's VS CDP's

Since I didn't get one pack, XX3's all the way. I can still get the Chicago and Motorsports if I hurry.

pimp.gif

imho the XX3's>CDP that shoe has been one of my more enjoyable releases(granted im still kinda young) and one of my top 5 Jordan shoe lines

best for both were
CDP
1)carmine
2)black/cement III
3)black/red XI

XX3
1)motorporsts/wizards
2)titanium
3)bulls

CDP's>>>>>>>>>>>>>23's

There were more desired shoes within the packs ,then there was for any of the 23's c/w's, i.m.o...

Thats not to say the 23's werent a good shoe ,but I didnt think that was the shoe ,that should of ended the sig. line ,,
there a 7.5 on a 1 to 10 scale for me ..........

ima have to go with the cdp's mainly because more shoes were released the XX3's and cought my attention more

Well def the XX3 because i got the first ones which came out and it was def the best sneaker i have ever copped being tho it was the last official jordan andit was crazy limited....

i jus started buying AJ's this year...so with these CDP's, i was able to cop all AJ's from I-XX2...then i copped all the AJ XX3 with the exceptionof the titaniums and finales...so for me, its a toss up...the detail on the XX3's are jus crazy...and the bulls colorway for the CDP's were a plussince jordan spent most of his career in chicago...so i would have to say 50/50

Honestly, the air jordan XX3 is probably my favorite shoe ever and thats saying alot, so no contest for me.

for all of you who said the xx3 over the cdp stop lying to urselfs, u prob lined up for every cdp release

I think it just depends somewhat on how long you've been in the game. If you are fairly new and just tryin to get 1-22 or want a lot of j's....then theCDP's were kinda a good thing. (Notice I say kinda cuz of the price). But...if you've been in the game for a while and have most everything you want ormaybe even what was released in the CDP's already.....then the XX3's were good (if you liked em of course). Personally, I can't really decide. Iliked some of the CDP's (Carmines, hares, bred IVs, etc.)....but I also love some of the XX3's.

Originally Posted by JCollector23FGCU

CDP's (some) were dope. Nice to bring back old colorways, but its not the same without the Nike Air on the shoe, or original insoles, but I got the concept. XX3's were nice, but one pair worth for me.

Nike Air will never be back on the shoe. it's more an issue of corporate brand name than "collectors" mentality. When Nike made js Nike Air wasplaced on the shoe, but once JB became its own all OG JB js stopped using Nike Air, and since all js are retro'd by JB now they never use the logo.

I personally don't mind that nearly as much as the bad quality or changes on the shoe itself like the patent leather cut on the XIs.

Originally Posted by MrChery

for all of you who said the xx3 over the cdp stop lying to urselfs, u prob lined up for every cdp release

Never. Lined up for the UNC's and Motorsports though after only getting the CHI's off FC. Got six CDP's and all of them beside my 6/17 & 7/16after RD for less than retail. XX3's are the truth. Like someone said before me can't wait for the retro's.

i also think the shoes of the year were the carmines, and XX3

XX3 is a top j. Definitely something like jordan would've sport on the court. But still not XI level
grin.gif

xx3s for me... qualitywise cdps are crap... even the combos of shoes is an issue for me....

think there was a couple threads like this already, but to answer your question i think the CDP's were better. the xxiii's are definately one of thenicest j's in the sig line, but for so many nice colorways to come out and being able to cop 1-23 in one year was good. i didn't like the releases in'07 and was trying to find older heat without paying crazy prices, then when i heard about some of the colorways coming out in the packs i was justexcited. i was trying so hard to find a good wearable pair of "hare" 7's because i loved them from the commercials from when i was little, and itcame with the shoe that made me really want to start collecting (the 16). it was just a really nice shoe, plus my older brother had the "OG's"and i wanted to be like him haha.

Gotta go with the XX3's. One of the best J's of all time and some of the greatest colourways for any signature Jordan

Back
Top Bottom