2009: BUY GOLD. NOW.

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

huge debtor, i think it goes down and is also a good long term short... i think it's an eventual bailout, otherwise its headed straight for bankruptcy.
yeah, i see it has a 'C' rating on schwab. down 1% today. is it really that bad, that is would need a bailout? they own so many differentcompanies, but if so, definitely need to look into a short...

gold down as i expected with lower equity values, 750 might be the magic number to buy back into

Can you explain this? I was really confused to see gold, silver and platinum down today. I figured stocks down = gold up but obviously I was way off.

andre3001- we are in a credit crisis, so now equity value declines are met with massive deleveraging, which supports the dollar temporarily, hurting preciousmetals. precious metals are moving in tandem with equities, which is why i think when the market bottoms around 7500 we will start a massive ascent in preciousmetals stocks. i think that will be around 750/oz levels in gold, we'll have to see exactly where.

finns2003- GE is approaching nov lows already, it will probably break them late next week.

joegolfdad- thanks, keep watching for if november lows are held up in the indices in coming weeks

produccionfresh- nice, now start playin real money and let's make some other NTers millionaires too

andre3001- we are in a credit crisis, so now equity value declines are met with massive deleveraging, which supports the dollar temporarily, hurting precious metals. precious metals are moving in tandem with equities, which is why i think when the market bottoms around 7500 we will start a massive ascent in precious metals stocks. i think that will be around 750/oz levels in gold, we'll have to see exactly where.

finns2003- GE is approaching nov lows already, it will probably break them late next week.

joegolfdad- thanks, keep watching for if november lows are held up in the indices in coming weeks

produccionfresh- nice, now start playin real money and let's make some other NTers millionaires too
will google also approach nov lows? they're planning to lay off about 100 people

man i remember back in like 03-04 kush was running for the price of gold...about 400 an oz. Ever since then gold has skyrocketed.

RGLD GOLD GG ABX EGO IAG JAG AEM AU are my favorite gold stocks by far.

PAAS is alright. LIHR is a little better. AAUK is like FCX, still has tons of resistance levels to clear. The stocks I listed above are all nearing or ar atnew 52 week highs. Relative strength is very important in equity markets and those nine gold stocks are in my opinion the cream of the crop.

I didn't read the entire thread but this is sounding interesting. I might buy a couple of shares of RGLD soon. I always wanted to get into investing.I'm 18 now and I think it'd be a good thing to get in to.

Damn..Where did this thread come from. I've been asking around the economy post if anyone can help me out...

Without having read anything in this post (I'll go back and read everything after this post), but here's my situation. Got some coins that willprobably be worth a good amount of money (Austria 100 corona and a Hungarian 4 dukat) The corona one is selling for about $900 on ebay, but my question isshould I sell soon, or should I wait longer. How long do I wait? Those type questions. I'm new to this gold stuff so someone help me out please.

gold is at $880/oz right now and i expect it to be $2000/oz by the end of the year and $10,000/oz by 2012. so clearly i suggest you hold your coins

gold is at $880/oz right now and i expect it to be $2000/oz by the end of the year and $10,000/oz by 2012. so clearly i suggest you hold your coins

Thanks. I'm gonna hit you up with some more questions after I go through this thread. Appreciate it.

buying the right gold stocks will get u a significantly better return than buying gold itself. just like buying the right oil stocks woulda got u asignificantly better return than buying crude itself.

Thanks and one more stupid question. If an ask price says "50.00 X 200" does that mean that you have to buy a minumum of 200 shares?

no it means there's 200 shares being offered at $50. if you buy all 200 shares offered at $50 the ask will go up to the next share price being offered,prolly $50.02 or someting.

Back
Top Bottom