[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

ive always wanted mike miller on the lakers.... dude could flat out shoot threes and with all the attention Kobe and pau gets he would be wide open all thetime like trevor...

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

ive always wanted mike miller on the lakers.... dude could flat out shoot threes and with all the attention Kobe and pau gets he would be wide open all the time like trevor...
kinda like a better version of Morrison wouldnt you say?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

ive always wanted mike miller on the lakers.... dude could flat out shoot threes and with all the attention Kobe and pau gets he would be wide open all the time like trevor...
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
yeah but way wayyy better... dude has proven he score 20 a night ...

Air france? hmm. kinda kinda not, he chucks it a little too much for my taste but he has improved a lot.

Jet? hmm maybe but hes getting a little old those legs cant be too good for much longer. (i kno he won 6th man but i guess im just not a fan lol)

Leon Powe - now theres the kinda answer im lookin for, solid choice
pimp.gif
just hope dudes recovery goes smooth.
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
yeah. he was kindaaa inconsistent last seaosn though. hisminutes were inconsistent too but still, he was killin me in fantasy
mad.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
yeah. he was kindaaa inconsistent last seaosn though. his minutes were inconsistent too but still, he was killin me in fantasy
mad.gif
laugh.gif
lol i know i drafted him in the later rounds and had to drop after 2 weeks...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

isnt leon powe still a free agent?
nerd.gif

i thought i saw on espn that boston hadnt signed him because of his injury

Originally Posted by enrique23

isnt leon powe still a free agent?
nerd.gif

i thought i saw on espn that boston hadnt signed him because of his injury
Yes he is. IMO they wont re-sign him because of Sheed

Do you guys think Josh Powell can be a decent player? Watching this season I noticed he has a good 15 foot jumper, he boards well and his D is pretty good...I'm not saying he's the replacement for LO if he leaves
ohwell.gif
..I'm just wondering what you guys think of him, he's only 25 or 26..I just see some potential..

So the Jazz matched the Blazers offer so they are gonna go after LO...just like I thought.. Blazers GM is under a lot of pressure up here to do something..

Josh Powell IS a decent player he just needs minutes. He's not a back to the basket type player but his J is nice.

Its also his contract year so Mitch better be ready for next year
laugh.gif

I think if LO doesn't come back Phil should consider bringing Fisher off the bench..
Just so we would have a heady veteran to play with the second unit...

I have always wanted Miller as a Laker also, I don't know if he's available though

I say we just go after a PG for the starting slot and bring Fisher off the bench, solidify our lineup 1-5

if we can't sign Lamar, I'm praying for a legit sign & trade option

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

I think if LO doesn't come back Phil should consider bringing Fisher off the bench..
Just so we would have a heady veteran to play with the second unit...

Great idea, I had been calling for jordan and fish to switch roles, and this upcoming year would be the perfect time to do it

sasha and morrison would have to step up.... luke, fisher and powell would prolly be solid coming off the bench. wait a minute...did i just say luke? lol hedid play decent in the finals...

if we could pick up drew gooden or joe smith our bench should be ok...

i think the real key here for a repeat is andrew bynum..... will he return to his solid form or was it just a fluke?

I don't get the hate for Ric Bucher. Most of his information is right on. For those of you using what he said about Kobe possibly playing his last gameas a laker against him, he was only saying the info he was getting direct from Kobe Bryant and his agent.

For sources and inside info I usually go to him, Marc Stein and Adrian Wojarnowiowerowjerowrowrski

Well guys,

Everything that can go wrong has. LO acted a fool, The Jazz matched the blazers offer and our old friend in south beach is trying to make some noise by gettingodom and boozer.

The rumor from TLN appears to be just a rumor. So now we have to sit around and wait. But I advise that we try to stay as calm as possible....especially whenwriters write crap like this. CP calm down before you read this...

[h1]Canzano: Forget Millsap and go after Lamar Odom[/h1] [h3]by John Canzano, The Oregonian (
sick.gif
)[/h3]
[h3]Thursday July 16, 2009, 6:41 PM[/h3]

Well, you're welcome, Paul Millsap.

Because the Trail Blazers just made you a rich man. And you, too, Hedo Turkoglu. And so, who's next? Remember to tip your bartend - um, just send the tip to One Center Court.

Because it's on to Plan C for the Trail Blazers. Or Plan D. Or nevermind, because we've officially arrived at another "What now?" moment for the organization that is busy making dreams come true.
http://
Kidding, sort of.

Utah matched Portland's ambitious $32 million offer sheet for forward Millsap on Thursday, and the temptation today is going to be to fret, and wring your hands, and wonder how far behind the Blazers will fall. But you should not.

As they were preparing the Millsap offer, which included paying Millsap $10.3 million in the first week of his contract, Portland GM Kevin Pritchard said, "We're not just looking for a fit here anymore, it's a special fit."

Which brings us to free-agent Lamar Odom.

He's tough. He's versatile. He's a winner. And he fits Portland's lineup perfectly, which is why owner Paul Allen should green light the move today to make him the next Trail Blazer. (since when)?

If there's a bonus to losing Millsap a week after making him that explosive offer, it's that the Jazz didn't drag this waiting-period out any longer than it needed to go. Early Thursday the Jazz asked for a one-day extension from the NBA to match Millsap's offer. But by the close of business, the team announced it had searched between the seat cushions and come up with enough cash to match the Blazers offer.

While the Blazers were fitting Millsap for his new uniform, and picking him out a locker, Odom's negotiations with the Lakers broke down. And that ends up as close to good fate as we've seen around here in a summer that feels so dismal that when draft pick Patrick Mills broke his foot people said, "figures."

The Lakers offered Odom a three-year, $27 million contract. It's not enough. Odom wants more years, and Portland can offer just that. Which is why Pritchard should stop reading this column and pick up the telephone now to close a deal with Camp Odom.

I know there's friction on the court between LaMarcus Aldridge and Odom. But this is show business, not show friends. If Kobe Bryant and Ron Artest can find love in the name of winning, then so can Aldridge and Odom.

Miami is already talking with Odom. And there's always the threat of Odom shunning the Blazers for Miami, or eek, a return to Los Angeles for less money. But Portland shouldn't be afraid of being rejected in favor of those cities, lest they let fear run the franchise. If you do that, you're already beaten.

Blazers fans might cringe at the thought of a former Laker in a Blazers uniform. But what they should consider is how badly it would hurt the Lakers to lose a player of Odom's caliber. The Lakers would never have won the world championship without him, and they know it.

There's been a lot of spin control going on with the Blazers this summer. It's been painful to watch, and at one pointduring a few days of negotiations with Brandon Roy's camp, Pritchard sounded defeated and down. But sometimes fate smiles on you in the strangest of ways.

Losing Turkoglu hurt, but it could end up being a blessing. So could losing Millsap, who was going to be overpaid as a backup.

You want toxic?

Spend today fretting over the loss of another player, and the disappointment of the summer instead of getting about chasing down a player who I think is better than either Turkoglu or Millsap.

That would be Odom.

Here's hoping he's in your Blazers starting lineup next season.

-- John Canzano: 503-294-5065; [email protected]. Catch him on the radio on The Bald-Faced Truth, 3-6 p.m.
weekdays on KXTG (95.5).

They want to pick up Odom just to hurt us...I was
mad.gif
when Iread that. But I also know that so much crap is going to come out in the next couple of days maybe weeks until something is done.

Pat Riley's private discussions indicate 2010 remains Heat's priority

MIAMI - Heat President
Pat Riley laid out a plan to season-ticket holders Thursday that continues to place the team's emphasis on next summer's free-agent period, despite reports linking the Heat to several high-profile options this summer.

In a session limited to season-ticket holders and closed to the media, Riley said he would not risk forfeiting next summer's cap space only to eventually lose out on the opportunity to pair a prime 2010 free agent alongside current Heat guard
Dwyane Wade.

While Riley has not addressed the media since the June 25
NBA Draft, a Heat blueprint has emerged through contact with those who attended Riley's private sessions for season-ticket holders and prospective season-ticket holders the past two days, as well as conversations with those involved in the Heat's machinations.

Riley even joked during Thursday's session that he anticipated some of those present would immediately text and Tweet his comments. Riley did not address the assembled media after Thursday's final session of the team's summer camp.

What was made clear in Riley's private session was that the Heat's interest in re-acquiring forward
Lamar Odom from the Lakers is legitimate, with numbers being discussed that would approach the current Lakers' free-agent offer that Odom has rejected, when accounting for Florida's lack of state income tax and other options regarding payments.

Beyond that, the Heat has not entered talks about possibly acquiring forward Carlos Boozer from the Jazz, but is monitoring that situation, with no expectation of a quick resolution by the Jazz.

In Thursday's speech, Riley said the team could acquire Odom, Boozer or both and still put itself in position to be a major player in 2010 free agency. The Heat made it clear to those present that Riley's comments to season-ticket holders were in an "off the record" setting.

At the heart of Riley's approach is that regardless of whether the 2010 free-agent class thins out in coming months, there still will be substantial talent available.

Riley also has been stressing that his team's 2009 free-agent move actually came months ago, when he acquired
Jermaine O'Neal from the Raptors at the February trading deadline.

As for the perceived need to upgrade at point guard, sources indicate that
76ers free-agent point guard Andre Miller, because of age and the desire for a long-term contract, apparently is not on the Heat's radar and the team's overtures to Allen Iverson on the first-day of free agency never included a substantive offer, including the $2 million, one-year figure that has been widely quoted.

Riley exited Thursday's session through a side door at the Heat's AmericanAirlines Arena practice court.

However, during Thursday's session, Riley stressed that the future remains the priority, indicating hopes for landing a significant free agent a year from now. Riley told Thursday's private gathering that should Odom or Boozer be added this summer, the team still could add a top-tier free agent by "shifting some stuff around."

Riley told Thursday's gathering that some of the league's most significant moves have occurred between mid-July and the mid-February trading deadline.

For now, Heat management is only willing to exceed next season's dollar-for-dollar luxury tax for a player it envisions as having a long-term future with the team, which would appear to rule out anything but a minimal deal for the likes of Iverson.

As for perceived differences with Wade over the all-star guard so far bypassing the opportunity to extend his contract, Riley holds out hope, but no great expectation, of gaining Wade's signature before next summer. A summit, however, still is planned later this summer, with Riley already having shared the blueprint with Wade that he has been explaining privately in recent days.

Ira Winderman can be reached at
[email protected]

Right now...I just feel as if Lamar is gone already. He may be able to chase money up north or he can go back to south beach and possibly be on a contendr ifthe heat get Booz and LO.

frown.gif
tired.gif

Nervous time fellas....

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

See?

Ya'll read that Oregonian article again. Two weeks ago, Hedo was the perfect fit, WAY better then LO, who they don't want, and so on.

Last week Milsap was a perfect fit, and WAY better then LO, and would be a great move.

This week, ODOM is the perfect fir, and um, well, is LO, and would be a great move for the Blazers.

Next week when LO is not a Blazer, they will say they didn't really want him, he's inconsistent, etc etc etc.
roll.gif

What a buncha tools over here. I'm battin a thousand against these idiots.
pimp.gif

CP...i feel your pain being a Laker fan in oregon...being a Laker fan in the bay is pretty harsh too...actually i take that back...other than bob fitzgeraldover here its not as bad...oregon everything though
sick.gif
laugh.gif

After all of this, all I can say is- "Hometown discount my ***"
what happenned to the man who said he wanted to retire aS a laker SMH

Back
Top Bottom