[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Lakers give good grade to Morrison for effort

Draft pick Elonu, McCauley open eyes

By STEVE CARP
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
The Los Angeles Lakers had two goals in the NBA Summer League: One was to get Adam Morrison comfortable with the triangle offense, and the second was to see if rookie Chinemelu Elonu could play.

The Lakers wrapped up their Las Vegas visit Thursday with a 92-77 loss to Houston at Cox Pavilion, giving them a 3-2 record. Morrison didn't play because of a stomach flu and averaged a team-best 20.6 points in four games. Elonu had his best game of the summer league, with 16 points and eight rebounds.

"Clearly, the focus was on Adam, getting him lots of playing time and seeing how he played," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said. "I thought he played well, and he got a lot out of it."

Elonu, a 6-foot-10-inch center from Texas A&M drafted in the second round with the 59th pick, is expected to be invited back to fall training camp in October.

Whether anyone else does remains to be seen. Kupchak said he liked what he saw from Ben McCauley, a 6-8 forward from North Carolina State who averaged 11.8 points and 7.6 rebounds in five games.

"We'll sit down next week and look at all our options and see if we bring anyone back," Kupchak said.

Morrison the 2nd Coming
smokin.gif

As long as he can take away from Sasha's minutes, I'm happy.

People really need to look at this as a win / win situation, NO he isn't going to do anything LO could do.

But, he played well in the summer league, only upping his trade value.

If we don't trade him, he can take away from Sasha's minutes and contribute off the bench while his contract comes off the books.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by Grimey

Morrison the 2nd Coming
smokin.gif

pimp.gif
I really think he's gonna have a break-out year
nerd.gif
he needs to be given the chance though

a laker with a contract year is always a plus. i think for sure he will take sasha's minutes.
i have a good feeling about morrison. if LO doesn't come back.... i think he'd be our best bench player, given the chance cuz he has talent.

[h2]Miami Offering Same Money As Lakers To Odom[/h2]
Jul 17, 2009 11:24 AM EST

mia_40.gif
Pat Riley confirmed that the Heat have been in talks with Lamar Odom and have prepared an offer that matches what the Lakers have put on the table, when accounting for Florida's lack of state income tax and other options regarding payments.

During a private discussion with season ticket holders, Riley also said that their goal of attracting a top 2010 talent remains their most important.

Via Sun-Sentinel

Miami Heat

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

IMO he is good as gone.

Dummy.

lol its his loss.. the lakers are still going to be a very very good team, while the heat are probably just going to be an avg team ...

damn...looks like hes gone

im still going to support him wherever he goes cause hes still my favorite player in this league.

I find it interesting how many people cited LO and Ron's relationship as to why Ron would go to LA. Now coincidentally Odom is gone....

Ron is a nice addition, but the size that Odom and Ariza provided at the 2/3 and 4 was KEY.

If I was Lamar Im going to make sure that Dwade signs his extension first before going back to the Heat

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

I find it interesting how many people cited LO and Ron's relationship as to why Ron would go to LA. Now coincidentally Odom is gone....

Ron is a nice addition, but the size that Odom and Ariza provided at the 2/3 and 4 was KEY.
And I find it interesting how everybody says they would love to play with Lebron, but nobody ever signs to play with Lebron. KEY

LO ain't gone yet, it's merely an offer from Miami, hold your water.

Originally Posted by CP1708

And I find it interesting how everybody says they would love to play with Lebron, but nobody ever signs to play with Lebron. KEY

What does LeBron have to do with any of this?

What does LeBron have to do with any of this?

Wasn't LeBron tryna get Artest?
wink.gif

LO ain't gone yet, it's merely an offer from Miami, hold your water.
True but it shouldnt be a hard decision when theres only one offer on the table.

anyway we could get portland to deal lamarcus aldridge for odom and a pick in a sign and trade? wasnt the blazers tryna get rid of aldridge? what about odomand famar for aldridge and blake?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

anyway we could get portland to deal lamarcus aldridge for odom and a pick in a sign and trade? wasnt the blazers tryna get rid of aldridge? what about odom and famar for aldridge and blake?

Ima pretend I didn't just read this.

anyway we could get portland to deal lamarcus aldridge for odom and a pick in a sign and trade? wasnt the blazers tryna get rid of aldridge? what about odom and famar for aldridge and blake?
laugh.gif
@ Portland trading away one of their major assets for aplayer that can just flat out sign.

hey! i threw in a pick too!!!!!!!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif
@ Portland trading away one of their major assets for a player that can just flat out sign.

His point though was that they won't be able to sign Odom, and pay Roy and LA extensions, and they could free up the minutes a little better by trading onetheir bigs plus there have been whispers of them moving LA anyways, he's putting the two together.

That said, Ima still pretend like I didn't read this.

laugh.gif

hey! i threw in a pick too!!!!!!!
roll.gif
I wouldn't trade Sasha for Roy, Aldrige, Rudy, Outlaw, and a Drexler jersey.
smh.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom