[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by NobleKane

anyway we could get portland to deal lamarcus aldridge for odom and a pick in a sign and trade? wasnt the blazers tryna get rid of aldridge? what about odom and famar for aldridge and blake?
laugh.gif
@ Portland trading away one of their major assets for a player that can just flat out sign.

His point though was that they won't be able to sign Odom, and pay Roy and LA extensions, and they could free up the minutes a little better by trading one their bigs plus there have been whispers of them moving LA anyways, he's putting the two together.

That said, Ima still pretend like I didn't read this.

laugh.gif

exactly! although im guessing they want to move aldridge for a good point guard so i guess that takes farmar out of the equation
roll.gif

wish list - anthony randolph would look great in a laker uniform. ( never gonna happen.)

Lamar's dad (or Phil) needs to knock some sense into him.

2u4h9ae.jpg

Lamar has his stash at his dad's pad too...

Notorious 858:
Adam Morrison rides a hot hand in Las Vegas

48090820.jpg

Reporting from Las Vegas -- Reading the reviews might have been the first mistake for the Lakers' Adam Morrison.

"I had a lot of criticism after my first year," Morrison said of his rookie season with the Charlotte Bobcats in 2006-07, having been the third overall pick in the NBA draft.

"I remember one website saying I was the worst player in the NBA. All that stuff."

The 6-foot-8 forward is trying to find himself in Las Vegas -- along with his shot -- in the friendlier, light-on-defense confines of the NBA Summer League, at the wise suggestion of Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak.

Keeping it in perspective because, after all, this is summer league, not the heart of the NBA season, things are going well. He has averaged 20.8 points in four games. He scored 20 points against the Clippers on Monday, and had 17 points the next night against Oklahoma City.

"He's a shot maker . . . and it looks to me like he's playing with confidence," Kupchak said during Monday's game.

Said Clippers General Manager and Coach Mike Dunleavy: "I think he's made a good recovery from his knee injury. He has the ability to score. He's the main focal point of their [summer] team, but I still think he's doing a lot of good things that show separation. Potentially, he can create himself a role with the Lakers."

Morrison was less pleased with his performance after the Thunder game but opened up to reporters about his struggles since his Gonzaga days, when he was the go-to guy and Wooden Award finalist.

He stood in the hallway outside the locker room at Thomas & Mack Center and answered questions about his confidence (improved) and his knee (better) and helpfully repeated his answers if a newcomer joined the scrum.

Morrison realizes there is much on the line, starting in Las Vegas. He will turn 25 on Sunday, but this represents a career juncture for him.

"Yeah, it's my contract year," he said. "If I don't perform well, I might not be in the league. It's definitely a big year."

In Charlotte, it got worse for Morrison before it would get any better. He suffered a torn ligament in his left knee in an exhibition game against the Lakers in October 2007 that required surgery.

"It was terrible," he said.

Not only because of the pain and career-threatening nature of the injury, but Morrison felt a chance to correct the pro record had been wrested away, pulled out of his control.

He was jokingly asked whether the critical website in question had asked him for an interview after he was traded to the Lakers in February along with Shannon Brown for Vladimir Radmanovic.

"Not really," he said. "A lot of people thought I was terrible and done for good and one of the worst picks of all time," he said. "I heard all of that. It was tough to swallow.

"Like I said, to come back and get hurt and not get the chance to prove myself was probably the worst."

He praised the Lakers for giving him this opportunity, saying he felt his confidence soaring even in practice, and even though he was on the bench in their run to the title.

The message? Well, his career is not six feet under.

"A lot of people left me for dead," Morrison said. "A lot of people said I couldn't play. And [the Lakers] gave me a chance to get healthy, and I'll get a chance hopefully to prove I can play."

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-adam-morrison16-2009jul16,0,7135503.story
Ammo 'bout to blow up.
smokin.gif

laugh.gif

Buss needs to up that offer.

Enough screwin around, we are a championship team for the next 2-3 years with LO, we are not without LO.

Especially after watching Boston, Orlando, San Antonio, and potentially Cleveland all improve over the offseason, we would be stupid to let Odom go over anextra year, or extra 1-2 mill per.

Not sayin give him 5/50, just make a fair decent 3/33, or 4/38 or somethin that will make LO happy, and Miami can't match. No reason for LO to go to Miamior Port for less money, so just get in touch with his camp, and make a better offer.

Come on, get this done before LO does get offended and walks over nothin.

Amare is still available according to hoopshype.

Is it possible for the lakers to make a trade?

For a more realistic deal, Chris Wilcox is still available

CP1708 wrote:
Buss needs to up that offer.

Enough screwin around, we are a championship team for the next 2-3 years with LO, we are not without LO.

Especially after watching Boston, Orlando, San Antonio, and potentially Cleveland all improve over the offseason, we would be stupid to let Odom go over an extra year, or extra 1-2 mill per.

Not sayin give him 5/50, just make a fair decent 3/33, or 4/38 or somethin that will make LO happy, and Miami can't match. No reason for LO to go to Miami or Port for less money, so just get in touch with his camp, and make a better offer.

Come on, get this done before LO does get offended and walks over nothin.

I do agree with you...

But I just want to know what is really going on. One side is saying we alreasy offered him a 4 year deal. Another source says no. I really don't know whatto believe.

If Miami can offer 5/33. Why don't we just offer 5/35? Its the years and more money. Seems simple to me.

^
I think that 5 is the big hang up with Buss. I think he's looking at everything from a 3-4 year perspective. (Kobe's tenure)

I think he would rather have everything drop off after Kobe to start from scratch, much like they did after Shaq.

If Kobe retired after a fourth year and Pau is gone, and Ron etc etc and here's Odom still sittin there with 9-10 million dollars for an extra year. Ithink he wants to avoid that 5th year.

But 4/40 would work. I'd be ok with that. (course, it's not my millions to be throwin around. )
laugh.gif

if he really did turn down 4 yrs/36 mill.........then WOW

he is really over-valuing himself.

9 mill a year for 4 years is A LOT of money for the 4th, maybe 5th, option on the team

if he really turned that down, then I'm worried that this is about more than money.

COME ON LAMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if he wont take 9mill a year the hell with him....

im sorry but son is going to be rhw 5th option on this team next year....

lets be reasonable.....

I'm sorry but I'm with Dr. Buss decision on to pull the offers from the table.

It's clear Odom is all about the $$$ and why he's holding out for a 5 year deal, and it looks worse for him if he goes to Miami because Florida is atax free state.

Outside of basketball dude is making a bit more on the side with his business deals in LA .

Just goes to show his character, especially when all last season he was saying"I want to retire a Laker" or "I'll take less money to stay inLA"

smh.gif

tired.gif

I really don't think we NEED LO to repeat..Would it be easier or does having LO make us a better team? YES..
But its just time for our young guys to step up this season..I think Bynum will have a all-star year..
Just think of the centers in the west Yao & Shaq are gone so if he plays like he did those 6 games before he got
hurt he could be the starting center at the all-star game.. We need him to average 16 & 10 and I don't think that is out of reach
if he stays healthy...Powell and Morrison will need to have solid bench minutes and do you guys think that if Sasha can't get
his shot going that Phil might play Brown as the back-up SG? If not it would be a smart move to start Jordan or Brown at the PG
and bring Fisher off the bench... That's the only way to keep our bench from making bonehead plays or getting out of control...

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

I'm sorry but I'm with Dr. Buss decision on to pull the offers from the table.

It's clear Odom is all about the $$$ and why he's holding out for a 5 year deal, and it looks worse for him if he goes to Miami because Florida is a tax free state.

Outside of basketball dude is making a bit more on the side with his business deals in LA .

Just goes to show his character, especially when all last season he was saying"I want to retire a Laker" or "I'll take less money to stay in LA"

smh.gif

tired.gif

I don't think anybody faults Dr. Buss here. The front office and Dr. Buss have done well the past couple of years.

But I also believe Dr. Buss isn't stupid. Unless they have another move some where they know they need LO back in order for us to repeat.

We just have to see.

Everyone loves Odom

July 15th, 2009, 9:55 am by JANIS CARR, OCREGISTER.COM
Jeanie Buss said she didn't learn about the Lamar Odom situation until she returned home from the Board of Governors meetings in Las Vegas.

Huh? That's what she said on ESPN radio this morning. (Sorry, no link yet). The Lakers Executive Vice President told Colin Cowherd that Phil loves Odom and she can't imagine the team without the candy-loving forward.

Kobe Bryant was on the air before Jeanie and said he has called Odom to tell him how much he wants him back.

Lastly, Jerry Buss is in Hawaii, which could mean contract negotiations are the last thing he is thinking about.

[h3]Wade makes the call … to Odom[/h3]July 17th, 2009, 11:38 am by JANIS CARR, OCREGISTER.COM
So Dwyane Wade has stopped tweeting and picked up the phone. Whose number did he dial?

That's right…Lamar Odom. Wade pulled out the emotional pleas, hoping to lure the Lakers forward back to Miami. Talks between Odom and the Lakers have stalled.

"I want Lamar to do what's best for him and his family because we love him as family, but on the other hand, we want him back home, to come home," Wade said Friday in a telephone interview with the Associated Press. "His house is still there. It'd be exciting to see what happens."

Odom averaged 17.1 points and the Heat finished 42-40 in 2003-04. The following season, Odom was shipped to the Lakers in the trade for Shaquille O'Neal.

tired.gif

Farmar
Brown
Sasha
Walton
Powell
Benga
Morrison

That's our bench without Odom.

Go ahead and let that settle for a moment.

This is the bench that we want to go to war with in the playoffs?

I agree, if Bynum steps up and improves his game dramatically, then yes, we should be in great shape.

And if Bynum or Pau get hurt, you all really feel comfortable with Powell and Benga handling big minutes? I don't.

10 minutes a night, sure, 25? Naw, I'll pass on that.

LO gives the the flexibility of not only when everyone is healthy, but in case of injuries.

Bottom line

With him, we are top 1-2 in the NBA.
Without him, we are top 5-6 at best.

And btw, Kobe isn't getting any younger, every game that dude plays the wear and tear builds and builds. The days of him carrying us for long longstretches are dwindling mightily. We won't always be able to just throw him the ball and let him handle us when we're shorthanded, or fall behind in agame/series.

LO needs to be here. We can do it, we just gotta stop bein too stubborn and work out a fair deal for both parties. I think we're close, but neither sidewants to fold. We have more to gain from all this then LO does, a chance at another title. That means more to me then money, I hope it does to the team aswell. LO is just one guy. He can worry about his money or whatever, long as he don't ask for 100 million or whatever.
laugh.gif

Tupac, good find. Has Wade signed his extension yet with Miami?
nerd.gif

Odom know FOR SURE that Wade will be around longer then one season?

Cuz he knows FOR SURE that Kobe/Pau/Artest/and Bynum will be around at least 2-3 more years.

That work in our favor?

happy.gif

Now if Wade signs an extension, you can just dash out all that crap I just typed.
laugh.gif

^ nope

that what i was saying Lamar shouldnt sign unless Wade gave him his word that he is signing that extension

The Lakers Executive Vice President told Colin Cowherd that Phil loves Odom and she can't imagine the team without the candy-loving forward
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HAZE323

sing him and trade him to the worst team in the league
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think in order for a sign and trade to happen, Odom would have to agree to it, right? He's an unrestrictedfree agent so he can just sign anywhere without even giving the Lakers an opportunity for a S & T.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Originally Posted by HAZE323

sing him and trade him to the worst team in the league
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think in order for a sign and trade to happen, Odom would have to agree to it, right? He's an unrestricted free agent so he can just sign anywhere without even giving the Lakers an opportunity for a S & T.

Correct.

And I dunno if that team works, JO needs touches, Odom will drift off if he don't see the ball all that much, Booz certainly needs the ball or he'llgo off into la la land, and then of course you want Wade to have it as much as possible.

We have similar probs, LO tended to get sleepy on us, Bynum pouts, Gasol gets quiet without the ball, and now we're adding Artest instead of Ariza. Trev played pretty well usually, even when he didn't get the ball.

Powell and Benga handling big minutes
sick.gif

I honestly believe if the Heat can bring in LO, Wade will more than likely re-sign. I'm sure signing LO will make them become a better teammaking them one step closer to competing in the East. Add that extra piece (Boozer or whomever) and they will be a top 3 team in the East next season.

At this point in time, I think there is a 75% chance Odom signs with Miami.

^
4 in the east. Boston, Orlando, and probably Cleveland still better then what Miami would roll out there. (unless Beasley makes a huge leap)

Back
Top Bottom