[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

O'Neal
Boozer
Odom
Wade
Chalmers

They'd still be really injury prone, but if healthy a very dangerous team.

That would be a good line up.

But I don't see how it is a forgone conclusion that Boozers is coming to the heat. They say they want both but I want Megan Fox butt naked in my bed. Doesthat mean I am going to get it?
laugh.gif

As per ESPN We have made contact with Chris Wilcox, Drew Gooden and Joe Smith.

Also Marc Stein reports that the best offer we have made to Lamar is 3 years 27 mil.
frown.gif

^
laugh.gif

Tupac, I want Megan Fox butt naked in my life as well, but I'm a fair guy, I'll settle for Hayden P, you can have Megan.
pimp.gif

If the Lakers bring Fisher off the bench and sign Drew Gooden..

our bench would be
Fisher
Gooden
Sasha
Walton
Powell
Morrison
Brown/Farmar(depending on who starts)
Mbenga

one change of player to the bench and im fine with it.... people were saying the lakers bench was deep even before odom joined it so i dunno now...replacebenga with a drew gooden or joe smith put fish on the bench and if sasha returns back to his contract year form... along with farmar and maybe a breakout yearfor morrison.....powell played really well when he got minutes.... its not so bad dudes....

I read in the past about Boozer having a house in Miami and he wouldn't mind signing a long term deal there. With the the Jazz looking to trade him formainly cap relief, I think there's a good chance Miami can get a deal done. Of course it's not for certain but I wouldn't say it's far fetcheither.

If Miami can some how get Odom and Boozer, then convince A.I. to sign for cheap, they would have one of the sickest starting 5 ON PAPER.

A.I.
Wade
Odom
Boozer
O'Neal

eek.gif
sick.gif

^I don't like that starting 5... Just does not look right...and CP why wouldn't Fish come off the bench?
It's not like he wouldn't be there in the 4th.. It would make for a good mixture of young guys and veterans..
STARTING
PG Brown
SG Bryant
SF Artest
PF Gasol
C Bynum

BENCH
PG Fisher/Farmar
SG Sasha
SF Walton/Morrison
PF Gooden?/Powell
C Mbenga

it's not the best bench but good enough to win a title..
most of our starters besides the PG would be playing 35-40 min
It would all depend on the health of the bigs but if something happens
I'm sure Mitch would make another move..

I wish Lamar really wanted to play here but it's becoming obvious that he does not...
no point of crying about it...

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

our bench would be
Fisher
Gooden
Sasha
Walton
Powell
Morrison
Mbenga
i cringe every time i hear someone say Drew Goodens name with the lakers signing him that guy sucks!!!

^Cosign. Seriously, Drew sucks. I dont care if we have Lamar or not there is nothing Drew Gooden can do positively for our team. Id rather have Powell outthere hustling and making plays.

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

our bench would be
Fisher
Gooden
Sasha
Walton
Powell
Morrison
Mbenga
i cringe every time i hear someone say Drew Goodens name with the lakers signing him that guy sucks!!!

again, I'll say it. Chris wilcox is way better and he's still available.

Div1LBC:
If Miami can some how get Odom and Boozer, then convince A.I. to sign for cheap, they would have one of the sickest starting 5 ON PAPER.

A.I.
Wade
Odom
Boozer
O'Neal

eek.gif
sick.gif

Would have been great in 2005, but that was 4 years ago.

AI and Wade will take 78 of the team's 85 shots a game.

O'Neal will beast in 3 games, miss 65 games, and be a non-factor in the other 14, practically invisible in a half dozen of those 14.

Odom and Boozer will talk about the possibilities of finishing the rest of their careers with Kobe and LeBron... and how money is more important than winninganyways. Because, after all, lots of people win in the NBA, but not everyone in the NBA has the opportunity to get paid by deceiving blind old men or turningtheir back on the opportunity to be NBA teammates with childhood friends.

What do you mean why would Fish not come off the bench?

Phil said during the playoffs that he thought Fish would pout, he earned his stripes off the bench as a youngster, now he's a vet, he don't want tocome off the bench.

Phil might try to revisit it during the regular season, might even be a good idea, but I'm pretty sure that right now Fish would look at it as a slap inthe face, especially after all he's done for this team.
IMO, Farmar or Brown have to TAKE it from him. Not just put Fish on the bench cuz it sounds like a good idea, but one of those two have to come out with like12 points a game in 4 minutes with 83 percent shooting and 9 assists a game to EARN the spot. Thas just me though.
laugh.gif

ESPN says the Heat deal is 5/35.

We can't offer 4/36?
grin.gif

We can beat that damn offer, come on.

Why in the hell is Buss always on vacation when there is still work to be done? I know he can call/text/write/email/twitter, or whatever when he wants, butdamn dude, be around til all the work is done.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

ESPN says the Heat deal is 5/35.

We can't offer 4/36?
grin.gif

We can beat that damn offer, come on.

Why in the hell is Buss always on vacation when there is still work to be done? I know he can call/text/write/email/twitter, or whatever when he wants, but damn dude, be around til all the work is done.
smh.gif
thats what Mitch is for.

^
Well I know that, but it's Buss's money, he has final say on things that involve us dipping into his bank accounts.
laugh.gif

If I was in charge, this deal would be done already.*
smh.gif

* And Artest would play for Amsterdamn.

Gooden is a career 12 & 8 not too shabby.. but that's what we are left with if Odom leaves..
Wilcox is a bum, Joe Smith is 50 years old
Gooden is our best option as sad as it sounds but he's good for 20 minutes a nite..
People are clowin' Odom on ESPN radio
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by NIMO007

Amare is still available according to hoopshype.

Is it possible for the lakers to make a trade?

For a more realistic deal, Chris Wilcox is still available

well I'd take wilcox over gooden(who btw was picked ahead of hilario, wilcox and amare i think it was 2002 nba draft) and he's been relatively injuryfree and young 26. but I'm afraid even Powell has probably surpassed Wilcox in terms of development.

I wanna make it clear I'm not a Gooden fan
laugh.gif

I just think he's the best big available
ohwell.gif

People on ESPN radio LA think Odom is gonna come back to LA
happy.gif

But we all know Odom isn't the brightest bulb sometimes
wink.gif

Odom, Boozer and O'Neal cannot start together for the same reason why Odom didn't start on the Lakers this year. All three of them primarily need thelane to work, and there's just not enough space to permit that. Even though Boozer and O'Neal like to shoot more than bang inside, they still need thelane to start and use that space to work.

I'm just not sure Odom realizes this. He might be guaranteed a starting position to begin the season, but it probably won't last.

Ric Bucher is reporting that Lamar Odom will sign with the Los Angeles Lakers if they provide him rare Blu-Ray quality footage of Erin Andrews in her hotelroom.
Mitch is currently in Bristol, Connecticut negotiating with ESPN.
Reported At: 5:34 PM Pacific Time.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Ric Bucher is reporting that Lamar Odom will sign with the Los Angeles Lakers if they provide him rare Blu-Ray quality footage of Erin Andrews in her hotel room.
Mitch is currently in Bristol, Connecticut negotiating with ESPN.
Reported At: 5:34 PM Pacific Time.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm done with the Candyman, he doesn't want to be a Laker, point blank, period.

Back
Top Bottom