2009 NFC North Trash Talk Thread...(Time to apologize for talkin crazy Bears fans/S4L3)

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

smh.gif
The O was the biggest FRAUD in preseason history
fixed
roll.gif
I guess you missed the offense in 08
roll.gif

Give it a rest man, damn. I dunno how many times I gotta say I don't derive my opinions of the offense from the preseason
smh.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

not to jinx it or anything but the Bears D has been on point thus far with Lovie taking over defensive play calling duties. They are definitley older and there is no Urlacher but although i know it is early they have DEFINITLEY played the best since we lost Rivera as our DC after those 2 years with just dominating, dominating defense.... hopefully we can keep it up cause i def got faith in Cutler and our O, and its usually the other way around with us
laugh.gif

Hopefully they can keep it up and its not a repeat of that year where we went to the superbowl where our O looked like a dominant unit through the 1st 8 or so games and people were calling Rex Grossman an MVP candiate only to get exposed after that (luckily though we still had a functional tough RBin Tommy Jones and that was enough to go to the SB behind a dominant defense and one of the best ST units ive ever seen with Robby Gould's kicking, Hester being our entire offense, Maynard being Maynard, and a ST tackling unit behind Ayabadejo who was a BEAST that would always generate take aways.
smokin.gif
)
We must be watching different teams then

"I think one of the things that happened last week was because of struggles (in protection) in Week 1, we've kept more guys in (to block)," Rodgers said. "Our backs were staying in a little bit longer, and so our stuff was all down the field because we didn't have any of our check downs out.

"The push, hopefully, this is week is, 'Hey you guys got to hold up up front.' We need more options underneath the coverage. When they're dropping off so far, you need some check downs."
-Aaron "I don't need no stinkin blockers" Rodgers

smh.gif
fixed
roll.gif
roll.gif

Give it a rest man, damn. I dunno how many times I gotta say I don't derive my opinions of the offense from the preseason
smh.gif
ohh really? lets take a step into the time machine

And yes, Rodgers will emerge as a top 5 QB this year assuming he is healthy. You cant show me one single QB this preseason who has looked as impressive in the pocket and out of the pocket for that matter.
grin.gif
now wat was you sayin?

smh.gif
fixed
roll.gif
roll.gif

smh.gif
ohh really? lets take a step into the time machine

And yes, Rodgers will emerge as a top 5 QB this year assuming he is healthy. You cant show me one single QB this preseason who has looked as impressive in the pocket and out of the pocket for that matter.
grin.gif
now wat was you sayin?

Show me in the last 2 weeks where hes had a pocket to throw from.

Rodgers is still going to be an elite QB.

And please just save me the trouble and go to NFL.com and look at our offense last year. I swear this is like talking to a brick wall.

i see you 2 packers fans didnt pick up on wat i was really pointing out.............try to look a lil harder
What are you trying to point out there bud?
laugh.gif
I said Rodgers looked ultra poised in the preseason which he did, and i said he will be a top 5QB, which i believe he will.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Which is why he told you the O-Line were frauds of the Pre-season...durrrr

^^ when he had a pocket to throw in.
i see you 2 packers fans didnt pick up on wat i was really pointing out.............try to look a lil harder

Its plain and simple dude, any QB needs an O-Line to play well.
The O-Line looked better then they are at the moment.

With time in the pocket, Rodgers will kill you.

If you dont think a QB needs an O-Line to play well....well then your a ******.

Ik what your trying to point out.

Fraij said he didnt derive his opinions on Pre-season.
He then said Aaron Rodgers will be an Elite top 5 QB from his Pre-season performance.
In the Pre-season, Aaron Rodgers had a pocket to throw in.

Fraij never said the O-line was gonna be good in the season from Pre-season performances.
Rodgers has not had a pocket, which is holding him back from performing like an Elite QB.

Like i said any QB needs an O-Line to play well.

Get it? Good, now go to bed.

Wow you're stubborn. You found a post of mine where i state how Rodgers would progress as a QB when the real issue at hand was whether or not i claimedthat the OFFENSE would be so great based on preseason.

When in reality I still stand firm on just looking at last year for all you need to know about how the offense should look. You think you are doing it, butdoing it, you are not.

But its ok, go to sleep... id rather not argue with you anyway because it has become more and more annoying and pointless. *shrugs*

boy that #@+@ must be hiting yo brain

thats the only way another man can speak up for another man so much and kno wat he was and is thinkin

MY point is that he DOES base things off of wat happen in the preseason

like i said then and ill say now its easy to pick D's apart when they only rush 3 or 4 all preseason

DONT LIE

ive watched both packers games he has had a pocket TONS of times and when he did wat did he do thats right

over throw people left and right and when he did hit them in the numbers they drop it so dont say he hasnt had a pocket cuz thats not the case

but i forgot you guess are packers fans so its your job to spin it some way...........

Preseason confirmed what we did last year. Its not like they came out of nowhere and looked good on offense. For the 500th time, got look at our O from lastyear, this is not as difficult as you make it out to be.

BTW this has ZERO relevance to the season right now, so im done.

Well I have been out of town and just got a chance to watch some of the Detroit vs. Minnesota game. Only finished the first 3 quarters so far and thought Iwould just give my thoughts so far. Detroit has played pretty good and except for a few plays, has contained AP pretty well. Favre did nothing to show me hecan throw the ball down the field, in fact the 3 times he has so far they were lofty as hell and should have been intercepted, keep in mind these passesweren't more than 20 yards down field. The Lions have done a good job of controling the line of scrimage even against what Vikings fans say is a greatdefense. I know Detroit loss, but if they could have cut down the turnovers this game would have been alot closer. Detroit is alot closer to having a goodteam, alot of young talent that just needs time to develop. I am thinking though they will beat the Deadskins this weekend in Detroit.

no hes trying to say how we put in so much stock on how they looked in the preseason. then he said they were the biggest fraud in the preseason. moving theconvo from rodgers to the stupid point he is trying to make about preseason meaning nothing

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Well I have been out of town and just got a chance to watch some of the Detroit vs. Minnesota game. Only finished the first 3 quarters so far and thought I would just give my thoughts so far. Detroit has played pretty good and except for a few plays, has contained AP pretty well. Favre did nothing to show me he can throw the ball down the field, in fact the 3 times he has so far they were lofty as hell and should have been intercepted, keep in mind these passes weren't more than 20 yards down field. The Lions have done a good job of controling the line of scrimage even against what Vikings fans say is a great defense. I know Detroit loss, but if they could have cut down the turnovers this game would have been alot closer. Detroit is alot closer to having a good team, alot of young talent that just needs time to develop. I am thinking though they will beat the Deadskins this weekend in Detroit.
The one he threw to Sidney Rice was a good ball, but just a little bit overthrown...
The other two were lofted because Favre was hit as he was throwing it and the ball got elevated because of it. Seriously.

"The Lions did a good job of controlling the line of scrimmage against what the Vikings say is a great defense"

We only let the Lions get one, single touchdown. 13 points in all....I don't care who the team is that we're playing, keeping a team to 13 points isgreat. Greenway absolutely owned Stafford....2 interceptions where he read his eyes all the way.

By the way...Pettigrew is slow as hell. I didn't like that pick before the game and it's even less appealing to me now. Should have gone with Oher. TheLions have absolutely no line but yet they decided to use their #20 pick on a TE?
laugh.gif

Considering the score's of last years' games between the Lions/Vikings were 12-10 and then 20-16 (point differential of 6) and then we beat the Lionsthis season just this past Sunday by the score of 27-13 (point differential of 14) I'd say the Vikings are in great shape. The Lions always play ustough....to come out of that game with a 2 TD win is great and I'm very satisfied with it.

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Originally Posted by THE GR8

not to jinx it or anything but the Bears D has been on point thus far with Lovie taking over defensive play calling duties. They are definitley older and there is no Urlacher but although i know it is early they have DEFINITLEY played the best since we lost Rivera as our DC after those 2 years with just dominating, dominating defense.... hopefully we can keep it up cause i def got faith in Cutler and our O, and its usually the other way around with us
laugh.gif

Hopefully they can keep it up and its not a repeat of that year where we went to the superbowl where our O looked like a dominant unit through the 1st 8 or so games and people were calling Rex Grossman an MVP candiate only to get exposed after that (luckily though we still had a functional tough RBin Tommy Jones and that was enough to go to the SB behind a dominant defense and one of the best ST units ive ever seen with Robby Gould's kicking, Hester being our entire offense, Maynard being Maynard, and a ST tackling unit behind Ayabadejo who was a BEAST that would always generate take aways.
smokin.gif
)
We must be watching different teams then
What our D hasnt been good? We played two offenses supposed to be 2 of the best in the L and we literally shut down the Packers entire O(run+pass) other than that 55 yard TD bomb. They would have had wayy less points than they did if it wasnt for all of Jay's TOs which is not their faultespecially considering we got no Urlacher. And than the next day other than a few drives at 1st when Ben picked us to pieces our D was VERY strong for the mostpart especially in the 2nd half when they couldnt complete a pass and they couldnt run on us all game. And these were the champions and the D held strongenough to pick up a W.

IMO the D has been more than solid so far with Lovie doing the playcalling, it really should be a nonissue that they are, the D has played well enough for usto be 2-0 right now if it wasnt for Cutler throwing 4 picks and one bad play which shouldnt happen again. i dont know what team you are watching if you cantunderstand that
ohwell.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Packers' Rodgers still has much to prove[/h1] [h1]
Rodgers_420_display.jpg
[/h1]
[h3]Tags[/h3]
Posted Sept. 21, 2009 @ 10:35 a.m.

By Nolan Nawrocki

Prior to finishing his first year as a starter, Packers QB Aaron Rodgers was awarded a long-term extension, and the media widely began to paint him as an up-and-coming star.

Through two weeks of the 2009 season, savvy evaluators remain very skeptical, pointing out his tendency to squeeze, squeeze and squeeze the ball before he unloads it, taking too much time to get it out of his hands and pull the trigger. His offensive line did not give him much help in the 31-24 loss to the Bengals, especially after OLT Chad Clifton was knocked out of the game early in the second half, and the pocket began to fold very fast.

ORT Allen Barbre is still very much a project, not strong enough or physical enough to handle the right side, and OLG Daryn Colledge, a college left tackle, proved why he needed to move inside as a pro when he kicked out to replace the injured Clifton. Colledge's short arms and soft demeanor allowed the Bengals to terrorize the corner. The Packers' edges looked like a swinging gate for most of the second half, as Antwan Odom notched a career-high five sacks, and pressure on Rodgers was very consistent.

Nonetheless, no quarterback can expect the pocket to remain clean, and Rodgers, who lacks escapability, was just as much to blame for not getting rid of the ball more quickly. He too easily is tracked down like he is moving in mud anytime a defender comes close to him, and his eyes too quickly began to drop when he was pressured.

"Everyone wants to anoint him before he passed the test," an NFL evaluator said following the game. "He was 6-10 in his first year as a starter, and people want to say he is better than (Brett) Favre. If I were Brett, it would probably hit my button, too. What has (Rodgers) done?"

Some evaluators are even convinced backup Matt Flynn has a brighter future than Rodgers, having shown great ball placement in the preseason and much better escapability, which is more valued behind a line playing as poorly as the Packers'. If Rodgers should go down, as he has had a tendency to do early in his career, it could be a blessing in disguise.

The jury remains out not only on Rodgers but on a Packers team that many predicted could contend for the NFC championship. The running game is struggling to establish itself, and the Packers barely escaped the first week, in which the Bears were badly stricken by injury and Jay Cutler tossed a career-high four interceptions in a loud, hostile environment. Now, the Packers could be seriously tested next week by a St. Louis defense that has been much improved under Steve Spagnuolo's leadership.

Link

UH OH
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Some evaluators are even convinced backup Matt Flynn has a brighter future than Rodgers, having shown great ball placement in the preseason and much better escapability, which is more valued behind a line playing as poorly as the Packers'. If Rodgers should go down, as he has had a tendency to do early in his career, it could be a blessing in disguise.

Child Please

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Well I have been out of town and just got a chance to watch some of the Detroit vs. Minnesota game. Only finished the first 3 quarters so far and thought I would just give my thoughts so far. Detroit has played pretty good and except for a few plays, has contained AP pretty well. Favre did nothing to show me he can throw the ball down the field, in fact the 3 times he has so far they were lofty as hell and should have been intercepted, keep in mind these passes weren't more than 20 yards down field. The Lions have done a good job of controling the line of scrimage even against what Vikings fans say is a great defense. I know Detroit loss, but if they could have cut down the turnovers this game would have been alot closer. Detroit is alot closer to having a good team, alot of young talent that just needs time to develop. I am thinking though they will beat the Deadskins this weekend in Detroit.
The one he threw to Sidney Rice was a good ball, but just a little bit overthrown...
The other two were lofted because Favre was hit as he was throwing it and the ball got elevated because of it. Seriously.

"The Lions did a good job of controlling the line of scrimmage against what the Vikings say is a great defense"

We only let the Lions get one, single touchdown. 13 points in all....I don't care who the team is that we're playing, keeping a team to 13 points is great. Greenway absolutely owned Stafford....2 interceptions where he read his eyes all the way.

By the way...Pettigrew is slow as hell. I didn't like that pick before the game and it's even less appealing to me now. Should have gone with Oher. The Lions have absolutely no line but yet they decided to use their #20 pick on a TE?
laugh.gif

Considering the score's of last years' games between the Lions/Vikings were 12-10 and then 20-16 (point differential of 6) and then we beat the Lions this season just this past Sunday by the score of 27-13 (point differential of 14) I'd say the Vikings are in great shape. The Lions always play us tough....to come out of that game with a 2 TD win is great and I'm very satisfied with it.

Greenway didn't really own Stafford, Stafford just threw the ball in places he shouldn't have. As a Lions fan I am really concerned watching thosethrows being made, if he doesn't pick it up this week they need to put in Donte. As far as the Pettigrew pick, I was pretty surprised that they made it,and agree they should have chosen an O-Lineman, preferably a left tackle. I didn't even want Detroit to pick Stafford, he has good arm strength but hisdecision making has been poor, and he isn't throwing the ball up high enough for the size of recievers the Lions have. I think though the Detroit defenselooked good up until about half way through the 3rd then let it slip away along with a few turnovers.

Game day!!! Lets Get It!!!

my predictions

Bears: W
Packers: W
Lions: W
Vikings: W

Good day for the NFC north to get healthy.

Back
Top Bottom