2011 another great year for college football

all of the guys that weren't going to get an extra year at ND were supposedly going to head to Akron but then Ianello got canned.

Still think Crist can be serviceable and in hindsight, he got a raw deal this year being moved out for the QB that physically belongs on a middle-school football field.

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

@*$%% with this schedule
8/30 or 9/1 - NC State (Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic; ESPN/ABC) 
9/8 - Georgia State 
9/15 - Florida 
9/22 - Akron 
9/29 - at Georgia 
10/6 - BYE 
10/13 - at Mississippi State 
10/20 - Alabama 
10/27 - at South Carolina 
11/3 - Troy 
11/10- Missouri 
11/17 - at Vanderbilt 
11/24 - Kentucky

30t6p3b.gif
 Vols

GSU gon get that dub tho
smokin.gif

looks like Dooley will be there for the foreseeable future.

If Shaw comes to SC then I wonder what that does to our chances of landing Gerald Bowman? I really want Bowman.

Lots of rumors on KU message boards that Leach is going to go to Wash St....not a done deal yet, but definitely not looking good for KU
grin.gif

Someone school me: I know Leach did a ton with very very little out there in West Texas, but what are his realistic chances to be successful quickly at Wazzu? Especially when He'll be competing with The Oregons, UDub and Boise (if CP stays) for every decent player in that region.

Leach is a perfect fit for Washington State and vice versa. There's already been a ton of "buzz" in that community about the hire. Lots of (re)new season ticket holders and what not.

On the recruiting level it is huge. On a national scale, no one knows Paul Wulff, but people and kids know Mike Leach. He also has a decen coaching tree to draw from and I think coaches who want to progress will join if offered. Kids and coaches know his offense can succeed and put up the numbers so that's probably a sticking point.

Lastly, there are two QB's there (Halliday, Tuel) that give Leach pretty good starting point for him to implement his offense.  Wouldn't be surprised to see a substantial improvement just after one year.

Sounds like A&M will have a decision on Mike Sherman in the next day or so... Seems to be plenty of smoke around firing him. Good.

Seems like that flame is getting hotter too. I think Bowtie will eventually keep Sherm around though.

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Solid SC source is saying Petersen to UCLA is near done deal
If it happens that will be nuts, but I can see it.  The move to the Big East could've played a huge role in finally getting Peterson to consider other options.

All these spread offenses in the Pac 11,
laugh.gif

All the possible coaching spots over the years, only to end up with the second best team in his own city.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom