2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by Caerus

Still shocked at how little Heisman Consideration Ball is getting...

It's a joke and it's called SEC bias.

I asked this question about a week ago but did Wisconsin even promote Ball as a candidate because it seemed like they didn't. They still seemed to put Russell out there even though Ball was having a unreal season. Just curious.

My point in bringing up Sherman, is that when I relayed that info in here, I was told by you I was wrong.
And You can bash Brando about his SEC expansion pick, cool.

But BOTH brando and Barnhart saying same thing, I dunno.

Barnhart said quote/unquote, "I was told Sumlin was done deal, and would be announced Sunday," then "I was told change of plans after loss to Southern Miss"

Tony Barnhart is no small fry media local beat writer.
So I will def believe in his info over msg board info.

___
Def. create that Bowl challenge group!

__
I can't wait to see Oregon vs Wisconsin rose bowl.

Can't believe VT made a BCS bowl.
laugh.gif

Don't believe that FSU want's Raphael Kirby so I doubt Mike Davis end up there. And at the end of the day, I believe it's Barry Sanders Jr. or bust @ RB.

Yeah Cardo, BSJ's Top schools are Okie St. , Stanford, FSU and Bama. He has visited on his own dime a number of times.

Probably more shocking that Crowell was named AP frosh of the year. Sammy Watkins & DeAnthony Thomas scoffed at that.

I said, "It might just be me really hoping that's not true, but I just don't buy that." Nowhere in that does that say "you're wrong." That says "I'm personally not believing the reports, partly because I hope they aren't true." Then when it later came out that Byrne called the media an hour before letting Sherman know, I posted that too (in response to, I believe, Iron Man). I never tried to make any excuses for the way the firing went down, and I never will. I also never said you were wrong, though you may have taken it that way.

And that's fine if you believe Barnhart over anything else. I'm not going to be able to convince you otherwise, but Sumlin being a done deal before the loss to Southern Miss just isn't true. It's just funny to me that Billy Luicci is the only TAMU guy that's taken that same stance, and he also just so happens to be the most well known and most talked to owner of any of the TAMU sites. Maybe seeing it straight from the horse's mouth will help, though I know coaches always say stuff like this:
Spoiler [+]
Kevin Sumlin denied speculation that he would be named the head coach at Texas A&M on Sunday.

"That is not true," Sumlin said in the Cougars' postgame press conference. "I said earlier this week, two weeks ago that I wasn't going to talk to anybody period, during the football season. Many of the things that have been reported have now been found out to be false already. I've been consistent with that and that is not the case."

There was a report by Sports Radio 610 AM in Houston citing sources that Sumlin would be named the Aggies head coach in the next 24 hours. Sumlin said that it isn't true and he hasn't talked to anyone about a head coaching job elsewhere.

"I haven't talked to anybody," Sumlin said. "I haven't said anything to anybody about that."

This is really just turning into a pissing match now and I doubt anybody else is interested in that, so I'm done with this: The handling of the Sherman firing was disgusting. He may not be a good college football coach, but Sherman is a stand up man and deserved a hell of a lot better than what he got. I firmly do not believe that Sumlin was for sure going to be the head coach pending a win against Southern Miss. TAMU has had a long history of a crony/buddy-based hiring system, and that needs to stop if we ever want to be competitive again.

I went ahead and created the Yahoo! Bowl Pick 'Em group. I just made it an open group since people always seem to have problems with the password not working. Point system is the confidence points like we had last year.
Link: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/bowl
Group ID: 13158

Where did they give him Nat'l Frosh of the year? I missed it. Only saw SEC Frosh of the year.

And Crowell is def. Pullin a janzen Jackson. He's on thin ice.

*salute Tmay

rumors going around that 4 star Taylor McNamara has flipped and committed to Cal....hopefully this is true
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Statis22

Probably more shocking that Crowell was named AP frosh of the year. Sammy Watkins & DeAnthony Thomas scoffed at that.

OMGNO.
dreClark wrote:
And Marquise Lee
9j0o0g.jpg

None of them wouldv'e did that in the SEC that's why they are where they are. Only reason IC doesnt 'deserve' it is cause he missed like 3-4 games bro

IC1 would annihilate the Wac 10, 11, and 12

Malcom Mitchell = Sammy Watkins

but yea, Scott Frost, to keep it short, IC1 does whatever IC1 wants to do. Period. Kid runnin in the SEC wit a gold grill in his mouth 
sick.gif
 thuggin' 
5461683f29cc3f83980c25494b2708291570b6df.gif
 not workin out, and dude had a helmet full of Dawg Bones, but only one was black (academic achievement) Saturday...we'll know his fate soon enough. Hope he's able to man up.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Cliff Harris dismissed from Oregon football program.

What an idiot.
30t6p3b.gif

Where did you hear this? I haven't heard anything.
Twitter, but per Oregon Football release. Expect it shortly to be on web.

EUGENE, Ore. - University of Oregon cornerback Cliff Harris has been dismissed from the Duck football program for a violation of team rules, head coach Chip Kelly said Monday.

Harris was suspended indefinitely on Oct. 24 after being cited for traffic violations.

He sorted out those violations with the municipal court in November.

Harris has since been prohibited from all football activities, missing Oregon's last five games of the regular season in addition to last Friday's Pac-12 Conference Championship.

The Fresno, Calif., junior had been credited with nine tackles and one interception in six games this season after missing the season-opening loss to LSU while serving another suspension.

The 2010 consensus All-American finished his Oregon career with 61 tackles in 27 appearances, eight interceptions for one touchdown, and returned 38 punts for a 16.2-yard average and four more scores.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Malcom Mitchell = Sammy Watkins
Tell me you are trolling
Come on cardo... I love MM and think he's gonna be a monster, but Sammy has been just making
eek.gif
 plays. 

Malcom had a golden opportunity and butterfingered it 

Originally Posted by University of Nike

30t6p3b.gif
No more cheese on our nachos.
Chip goes to show again that he'll boot you for being stupid. Can't say that I blame him.

Back
Top Bottom