2011 another great year for college football

imagefromurl

Water covers 71% of the Earth, they cover the rest.

I have no idea how he'll be at another school, but I know it's no certainty. I'm definitely not a big fan of Mora. Nice assumption. I'm just saying give the guy a shot, it's not like UCLA will fall from grace with this move.

My main point is that no big name coach in his right mind will take on the UCLA job until they show that they're getting or going to get the facilities needed in order just to compete with USC let alone the whole Pac-12.

Sounding like SeVon Pittman will decommit from Michigan St and pledge for the Browneyes.
Tommy Schutt seems to be looking like a Browneye as well. Still wonder why Michigan and ND told him not to visit. 

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Sounding like SeVon Pittman will decommit from Michigan St and pledge for the Browneyes.
Tommy Schutt seems to be looking like a Browneye as well. Still wonder why Michigan and ND told him not to visit. 
Add Kyle Dodson to that list...and possibly Jordan Diamond.

Originally Posted by AirMaxBuckeye

Diamond might be one of the toughest recruits to gauge. He never seems to say much.
Would love for Michigan to close with Garnett, Dunn, Wright, Chesson and Reeves. 

Diamond might be one of the toughest recruits to gauge. He never seems to say much.
Would love for Michigan to close with Garnett, Dunn, Wright, Chesson and Reeves. 

Idk. Dunn is really hard to gauge too. I hope he comes up this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if Dunn stayed at osu since they have two coaching staffs working him.

I think Diamond is going to be a Buckeye, we (Arkansas) were recruiting him hard and he still has to visit, but I don't see him leaving the midwest.

Hope we get this kid, we'll see when he takes the official next month.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Idk. Dunn is really hard to gauge too. I hope he comes up this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if Dunn stayed at osu since they have two coaching staffs working him.
Two staffs working him? You couldn't be more uninformed.

Anyways...he is visiting Michigan next weekend.  I still think OSU loses him in the end.

Just jokes man. Feeling pretty good that Urb couldn't get him to reaffirm his commitment.

I was searching for the college football predictions thread we did at the beginning of the year...can't find it, any help?

Originally Posted by Statis22

A lot of you guys like Oklahoma State, that's surprising.

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

And stupid. Ok State has never won the big XII and the last time they won a conference title nobody who posts in S&T was even alive.

laugh.gif

^That's why I don't make predictions... I know enough to know I don't know that much. Only made 1 this year (LSU by 2 tds over ARK)...

Conflicts of Interest Distort Public Evaluations: Evidence from the Top 25 Ballots of NCAA Football Coaches
Matthew Kotchen and Matthew Potoski
NBER Working Paper No. 17628
November 2011 JEL No. D7,D8
ABSTRACT
This paper provides a study on conflicts of interest among college football coaches participating in the USA Today Coaches Poll of top 25 teams. The Poll provides a unique empirical setting that overcomes many of the challenges inherent in conflict of interest studies, because many agents are evaluating the same thing, private incentives to distort evaluations are clearly defined and measurable, and there exists an alternative source of computer rankings that is bias free. Using individual coach ballots between 2005 and 2010, we find that coaches distort their rankings to reflect their own team's reputation and financial interests. On average, coaches rank teams from their own athletic conference nearly a full position more favorably and boost their own team's ranking more than two full positions. Coaches also rank teams they defeated more favorably, thereby making their own team look better. When it comes to ranking teams contending for one of the high-profile Bowl Championship Series (BCS) games, coaches favor those teams that generate higher financial payoffs for their own team. Reflecting the structure of payoff disbursements, coaches from non-BCS conferences band together, while those from BCS conferences more narrowly favor teams in their own conference. Among all coaches an additional payoff between $3.3 and $5 million induces a more favorable ranking of one position. Moreover, for each increase in a contending team's payoff equal to 10 percent of a coach's football budget, coaches respond with more favorable rankings of half a position, and this effect is more than twice as large when coaches rank teams outside the top 10.
Matthew Kotchen
School of Forestry & Environmental Studies, School of Management,
and Department of Economics
Yale University
Matthew Potoski
University of California, Santa Barbara

Word is that Gunner Kiel may be on campus for a visit....CW already making a splash if this is true. 
Crist, by all accounts enjoyed himself at the KU v OSU game. Sat in the student section and participated in the Alma Mater and even won a free pizza from Pizza Hut during the pizza giveaway.
roll.gif

Not flipping Santos as long as Peter Sirmon is on staff.

Mcneil, I'm not really worried but he's no lock.

Either way, Dooley is about to have a top 8 recruiting class off a @#%% season, time to start COACHING.

Colorado State is set to higher Alabama OC Jim McElwain? Whats the word on him??
Hopefully something positive for my schools football progam
laugh.gif

Cal fans, how did your big recruiting weekend go? Arik close to committing? And maybe his brother too.

Back
Top Bottom