2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Dooley went on to explain his philosophy about redshirts. "I've never worried about redshirts, I just don't care," he said. "These guys, they don't worry about staying for four years anymore, so why should we worry about redshirts? They come out in three. When they stop coming out in three, we'll start redshirting them."
wouldnt be shock if this rub some people the wrong way but his point is spot on.
People on SC message boards were getting their panties in a bunch because George Farmers redshirt was burned to experiment at RB.  I know these scholarship reductions have made people tight.  Still, Farmer came in with a lot of hype and is an exceptional athlete.  Expecting him to stay until 2015,
laugh.gif

Did I see on ESPN bottom line on Saturday that if Mizzou left WVU was the Big XII's first choice to replace them? Or am I remembering wrong?
I think it said that the SEC will look into adding West Virginia.
Also, Jadeveon Clowney was highly touted going into CFB this year, and has 4 sacks with South Carolina, but how come no one really talks about him this year. I guess his production isn't off the charts, but he was so talked about during the recruiting phase, now I don't hear his name much
The bar was set too high, and he hasn't met lofty expectations.  He's been productive, not dominating though.

This the biggest Florida game in Richts tenure? I'm no psychic, but chances are South Carolina goes down again... UGA would then be in the drivers seat for the East. Plus they keep losing to the Gators. Dawgs need this win.

"It seemed from our sideline and our perspective that they did give up. It seemed uncharacteristic of Notre Dame. I wouldn't have wanted to have been on that sideline." Matt Barkley

"At the end there, when they didn't call those timeouts, they just quit," USC linebacker Chris Galippo said Saturday. "And that's what Notre Dame football's about. They're not anything like USC."

"That's what happens when you beat them down," running back Marc Tyler said Saturday. "We wore them out. They didn't want to play no more. We out-physicaled them and beat them down."
Interesting...

Arizona names from the people who should know.

Chris Petersen
Mike Bellotti
Paul Chryst
Larry Fedora
Mark Hudspeth
Chad Morris
Manny Diaz
Kevin Sumlin
Derek Mason
Jim McElwain

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Chris Petersen
Mike Bellotti
Paul Chryst
Larry Fedora
Mark Hudspeth
Chad Morris
Manny Diaz
Kevin Sumlin
Derek Mason
Jim McElwain
a-prayer-for-times-like-these.jpg

Aye Cardo:

laugh.gif
@ your boy Aaron Murray w/ the FSU shirt on

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Brantley is probable for WLOCP.
....and?

He gets to take part in the annual beatdown of Georgia.

He won't make it to halftime.
Dre- aside from the blatant thievery of recruits..we lowkey _ wit F$U, ya'll got dat $ack 
pimp.gif
 all 11AM's boys go to school there tho, he liked Da U as a youngin' 
grin.gif
 foo better ball out this wknd.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

BCS could get real interesting now that OU and Wisky lost. K-St is gonna fall eventually so they aren't really a factor IMO, neither is Boise. What if LSU beats Bama but then loses to Arkansas? What if Oregon beats Stanford and wins out, could they sneak back in?
if teams start to have 1 lose but Boise state wins out boise is facing a one lost team in the Title game. i dont see how they get left out

The problem is the further you get in the season the more Boise drops in the computers due to their SOS. If you look at the polls and rankings last year there were a few teams with 1 loss who were as high or higher in the computers than Boise was with no losses (prior to their loss to Nevada of course). IMO a 12-1 LSU, Bama, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Oregon, Stanford, Arkansas, are more deserving than a 13-0 Boise. This comes up every year it seems, but IMO the teams I just named would beat the brakes off of Boise's schedule. 
Their SOS right now is 45 but will only go down since the rest of their conference schedule is  UNLV (152), TCU (46), SDSU (59), Wyoming (99), and New Mexico (198). For comparison VT's OOC schedule that was filled with cupcakes is: App St (61), ECU (69), Arkansas St (54), and Marshall (71). Most would agree the ACC is the 4th-5th best conference this year and the weakest conference that still has an undefeated team. If you look at Clemson's schedule the average rank of the opponent they play (using current rankings and giving them VT in the ACCCG) is 41.7 Do the same for Boise (I'll give them TCU in the non-existent MWC CG to help them out) and you get 82.1. LSU's works out to 51, but they'll have played 5-6 top 25 teams compared to 1-2 for Boise and 4-5 for Clemson. 

I don't think it would at all be fair to LSU or Bama to keep them out of the MNC in lieu of Boise if their only loss is to the #1 team in the country and they decimated the rest of their schedule that was worlds harder than Boise's.  Even just using the eye test it's obvious that both of those teams (and Stanford and Okie St) have been more impressive and look like better teams than Boise does, even against better competition in the case of LSU, Bama, and OSU. I think there would be a huge outcry if Boise made it in over a 1-loss SEC or Big XII team. 

Chris Petersen
Mike Bellotti
Paul Chryst
Larry Fedora
Mark Hudspeth
Chad Morris
Manny Diaz
Kevin Sumlin
Derek Mason
Jim McElwain

this is the common list for every school that will have a job opening tho
laugh.gif
. the only names that are missing is Kirby Smart,Leach and Gus. most of those guys are the same names been throwing around for the UCLA job.

i will take anyone but Belloit on that list at UCLA.

pmac zona going to shell out big bucks for a HC? boosters and Alum have told the UCLA AD he better fix @*@$ or they wont put another dime into the pauley pavilion renovation

laugh.gif
Fresh, I went and got a haircut and bought some new clothes when I heard the news. I feel like a man who just won his child support case,

I'm lookin to celebrate.

^^^Y'all hit me up to go do that
pimp.gif
Matt Simms is absolutely painful to watch

FWIW, Worley played better than Bray in the O&W game and he's from SC, who didnt offer him despite being Gatorade player of the year sooo...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

note: In no way am I saying Worley is better than Bray rt now, he is not.

Originally Posted by Statis22

A 1 loss who didn't win their conference should not pass Boise State.

Letting Boise play for the title would be like letting the NFC West champion go straight to the Super Bowl while all the AFC teams still have to go through the playoffs.  They might be good enough, but they should have to prove it. Teams like UF and VT have a reputation of playing cupcake OOC schedules. Our OOC schedule strength is the worst we've had in years and the average rank of those teams is higher than Boise's entire schedule. For teams in good conferences, the regular season serves as a de facto playoff that's pretty much single elimination (sometimes double). Even the average to good teams are good enough to beat you if you don't bring your A-game (ask Oklahoma). BCS conference teams play several such games every year; Boise will have played two this year against Georgia and TCU. 

I wish they'd institute an 8 team playoff and let them be a part of it, but under the current system it would be a joke for them to play for a title when there are clearly several teams out there who have consistently proven themselves against good competition.

Chris Petersen
Mike Bellotti
Paul Chryst
Larry Fedora
Mark Hudspeth
Chad Morris
Manny Diaz
Kevin Sumlin
Derek Mason
Jim McElwain

There ya go.
Also.

Sean Spence = Best LB in the NCAA right now.  
glasses.gif

TAMU needs to throw some money at Morris and see if he wants to come home to coach (if he doesn't get a HC job). Sherman should have hired him when he had the chance a few years ago after Cromwell left.

Bigmike23 wrote:

pmac zona going to shell out big bucks for a HC? boosters and Alum have told the UCLA AD he better fix @*@$ or they wont put another dime into the pauley pavilion renovation

Mike do you think DG is really going to stay for another year? He's supposed to have a big pay raise if he makes it to 2013. Bruins Nation and BRO are talking about the boosters/alumni trying to get Block to fire him.

Man idk if Boise wasn't in the top 5 currently then maybe I can see your pov but if they're still undefeated at the end of the year then I don't see a 1 loss who didn't win their conference passing them.

Same deal with TCU last year, if Stanford or Oklahoma State slips up then they're gonna be right there.

Back
Top Bottom