2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by Statis22

I couldn't see Fulmer at a school like Ohio State.

Neither could I. Because Id probably dive head first into a kiddie pool filled with bleach.

You guys had me confused for a sec.

That article isn't hinting at or even connecting Fat Phil to C-Bus.

His name is just listed under "other" second chancers.

2011 Butkus Award Semifinalists: 
Zach Brown, University of North Carolina 
Vontaze Burfict, Arizona State University 
Audie Cole, North Carolina State University 
Lavonte David, University of Nebraska 
Dont’a Hightower, University of Alabama 
Jarvis Jones, University of Georgia 
Luke Kuechly, Boston College 
Travis Lewis, University of Oklahoma 
Keenan Robinson, University of Texas 
Sean Spence, University of Miami (Fla.) 
Manti Te’o, University of Notre Dame 
Courtney Upshaw, University of Alabama

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

You guys had me confused for a sec.

That article isn't hinting at or even connecting Fat Phil to C-Bus.

His name is just listed under "other" second chancers.

I know, that's why I mentioned it. Whole article is hypotheticals though isn't it?

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by dreClark

That 1st year coaching purge so you can take a full class
laugh.gif

Clark may have been better off just going to WVU

UF's gonna be loaded @ TE w/ AC Leonard and the probable committments of Freitag and Taylor

Creating mismatches with 2 TE sets
pimp.gif

Yep. I hear you guys are gonna experiment w/ a 5 TE set w Reed , Frietag, Taylor, Leonard and Driskell

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

2. Rich Rodriguez: Lost among the fire and fury of RichRod's three-year stint at Michigan is that he did improve by two wins each year, and brought in the talent that currently makes up the Wolverines' 6-1 squad. He's done solid work with CBS but literally looks fidgety sitting on the set. His next offer might not be as top-shelf as the Big House or Morgantown, but that might not matter.

Good fit: Colorado State

roll.gif

Dre, did FSU tell Hamilton to look around or did he de-commit and pick USF on his own? Yall got another DT lined up besides Shanks?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
roll.gif
Cliff Harris

laugh.gif
time to get a bus pass son
Been on a media fast for a school assignment. Glad I'm back.
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Cliff Harris is the stupidest football player in the NCAA. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I can't remember Michigan ever having less skilled position talent than they do right now.
Not even JUST skill players. Lewan might start at RT on some of the 90's - 2000's Carr teams. The rest of the OL is atrocious. The WRs and RBs would not play.

The DL is not good. Martin might be a solid DT in years past. Zero LBs or DBs that are starting would start in that time.

The offer sheets for the players RR recruited were not good. The players with good ones transfered or were busts. Denard is the ONLY one that has met or exceeded expectations IMO.

I hadn't paid enough attention to Blue to comment on the trenches, but from what I have seen, I haven't been 'wowed'.

I hadn't paid enough attention to Blue to comment on the trenches, but from what I have seen, I haven't been 'wowed'.

Its bad. out of the last 4 recruiting classes 12 OL had stepped on campus. 3 transferred. 1 switched to DT and 1 had a career ending injury. So 7 over 4 years is where the team stands
today.

Thats why Hoke wants 6 in this class and another 4 next year. Need to build the depth and replace starters with 3rd and 4th year guys. Not true and rs frosh.

Its also the main reason Sparty handled Michigan. Their OL and DL beat the hell out of Michigans on both sides.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Its bad. out of the last 4 recruiting classes 12 OL had stepped on campus. 3 transferred. 1 switched to DT and 1 had a career ending injury. So 7 over 4 years is where the team stands
today.

Thats why Hoke wants 6 in this class and another 4 next year. Need to build the depth and replace starters with 3rd and 4th year guys. Not true and rs frosh.

Its also the main reason Sparty handled Michigan. Their OL and DL beat the hell out of Michigans on both sides.

How much of that attrition has to do with going from DeBord's system to Rich Rod's to Borges'? Rich Rod didn't take the job til like December of 07 so I'd assume most of the 08 recruiting class was already done and he wouldn't have much time to find OL that he wanted to fit his system that year. He had the next two years to recruit those guys, but offensive lineman usually need to sit for at least their first two years. Having an OL start before his R-Soph season is not that common. I know y'all retained a lot of the stuff you ran last year and are a little more diverse with the offense now, but it's probably not the best situation in the world for OL development to constantly be switching systems. 

Dre, did FSU tell Hamilton to look around or did he de-commit and pick USF on his own? Yall got another DT lined up besides Shanks?

It was known from the time he committed that Hamilton was likely to switch to USF at sone point. This wasnt a surprise. He has a cousin there an easier road to PT. Coaches didn't push him away. As long as his sr year matched what he showed in camp he was good to go. Shanks and Dalvon Stuckey are committed, as well as being in good shape for Eddie Goldman. Kid saw possibly 3 DT's coming in w/ him as well as 2 freshman DT's getting lots of reps right now and realized he'd probably get on the field earlier @ USF

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by Newbs24

today.

How much of that attrition has to do with going from DeBord's system to Rich Rod's to Borges'? Rich Rod didn't take the job til like December of 07 so I'd assume most of the 08 recruiting class was already done and he wouldn't have much time to find OL that he wanted to fit his system that year. He had the next two years to recruit those guys, but offensive lineman usually need to sit for at least their first two years. Having an OL start before his R-Soph season is not that common. I know y'all retained a lot of the stuff you ran last year and are a little more diverse with the offense now, but it's probably not the best situation in the world for OL development to constantly be switching systems. 
2 transfers from the 08 class, Wermers and ONeill did not want to compete and didn't like Frey. Posada was the other and was recruited by RR, Hoke re-recruited him, he came in 40lbs heavier than he said and left the first week of camp.

The position switch was Quinton Washington who many thought would be a starter at OG (which Michigan needs). Hasn't done anything at DT. Complete waste of a highly touted kid.

In hindsight, the previous staff was filled with crappy recruiters. No other way to spin it.

In hindsight, the previous staff was filled with crappy recruiters. No other way to spin it.
Basically.

Most of us gave them the benefit of the doubt as recruiters for far too long when it shouldn't have been the case.
laugh.gif

If I learned anything from this, it's that recruiting rankings and stars really do matter. 

It's faaaaar from perfect, but I'd take a class full of 4 stars over a class full of 3 stars 10 times out of 10.

I wonder if Kansas fans miss Mangino? Then again they started decline before he left.
I think he should absolutely be coaching. Hopefully he'll get a look for the new mexico job. He's a really good coach imo.

Originally Posted by AndrewLuck

Can't think of many other schools with facilities that rival Stanford's. Quite impressive. 

its not even the best in the Pac-12

and if yall want a good laugh Lou Holtz and Mark May calling the Pitt VS UCONN game on ESPN

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by AndrewLuck

Can't think of many other schools with facilities that rival Stanford's. Quite impressive. 

its not even the best in the Pac-12

and if yall want a good laugh Lou Holtz and Mark May calling the Pitt VS UCONN game on ESPN

Who is better?

What's the book on Garrick McKee? Just watched the Arkansas Depth Chart & came away really impressed with him.

Back
Top Bottom