2011 another great year for college football

I think I want a 12 team playoff, with the top four seeds getting a bye to the second round.

Spoiler [+]
8. Kansas St vs. 9. South Carolina
1. LSU

5. Oregon vs. 12. Baylor
4. Stanford

7. Boise State vs. 10. Wisconsin
2. Alabama

6. Arkansas vs. 11. Virginia Tech
3. Oklahoma State

Of course you would have to re-work some of the rules to factor in automatic bids or whatever, but I think that could easily be done.

Have some smaller bowls for teams that have good seasons but don't make the playoff cut, but no more of this 6-6 bowl team crap.

Also, lost in the BCS chaos, Hugh Freeze appears to be the new coach at Ole Miss. I think that's a good hire for them.

UNC guys, I've heard that Larry Fedora has been offered the job and has agreed in prinicple to take the job on Tuesday...contingent on what happens with the TAMU job. Everybody has said that he'll get the TAMU job if he gets an interview, so maybe this is the leverage he needs.

Anyone else see LSU's fan shop get Tide rolled all over?
roll.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Originally Posted by grusumm18

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Blake Countess is getting Diggs to Michigan if we don't have another WR commit before. Just give me Yuri Wright and I'll be good.

diggs wont be coming
yuri on the other hand...
I know it will likely be Chesson over Diggs due to Diggs' timetable.  I keep telling myself that if McGary is coming to Michigan so is Diggs
laugh.gif

If you have a problem with my VT getting a bid (which I would if I were a fan of another team) then you should also have a problem with Michigan getting a bid, but somehow nobody seems to care? It was cool when #11 Notre Dame got a bid over #5 VT whose only loss was to Miami when Vick was injured, or when Ohio State got a sugar bowl bid they didn't deserve. Hell, just last %*$+$!$ week Herbstreit was talking about how if Michigan could sneak up into the top 14 they could get a bid because of their tradition and fanbase. Now one week later he's up in arms because we got selected for the exact same reason? Clown. The bcs bids and pretty much all bowl games have been and always will be about making money and putting butts in seats. Talking heads speculate every year about Notre dame being able to get an at large by going 9-3, but now its the biggest travesty in history because we made an at large game at 11-2? Hypocrites.

Like I said I don't have a problem with people arguing that we didn't deserve the bid over some other teams because I agree with that. But if you're gonna make an argument be consistent about it. Why is it OK for #13 Michigan to get a bid over Boise State, KSU, or Baylor but if #11VT does its a huge controversy? Kansas State got demolished by Oklahoma and gave up 50 points to Texas Tech, their resume wasn't that great either and they aren't a very big draw. Baylor had an abysmal defense and went 9-3. Boise had a better case but they are never gonna make an at large unless they go undefeated or win their conference, same with tcu. Its not our fault tcu didn't make the top 16 and Houston blew it against southern miss. Also for what its worth we had both Kansas state and Wisconsin on the schedule prior to this year and Bill Snyder backed out of that game as soon as he took over because he said the program wasn't far enough along to be playing that type of game out of conference. That is fact. He's got nobody to bit but himself for missing out on that bid as we could have settled it on the field and he backed out.

Everyone Is saying both Michigan and vtech shouldn't have got a bid. I mean just look the only case Michigan fans have for making a BSC is because there team travels well

College football is basically on the same level as figure skating. Since when are championships decided by an eye ball test. Oklahoma st clearly played a tougher schedule than Alabama, and it's ridiculous how everyone in the media is ignoring that. You know if Texas or Oklahoma had the same resume, they're not getting screwed over. It's all politics, this sport is a fraud as far as I'm concerned

Originally Posted by u ttocs

College football is basically on the same level as figure skating. Since when are championships decided by an eye ball test. Oklahoma st clearly played a tougher schedule than Alabama, and it's ridiculous how everyone in the media is ignoring that. You know if Texas or Oklahoma had the same resume, they're not getting screwed over. It's all politics, this sport is a fraud as far as I'm concerned.
Unfortunately, strength of schedule isn't the only factor.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Everyone Is saying both Michigan and vtech shouldn't have got a bid. I mean just look the only case Michigan fans have for making a BSC is because there team travels well
Its the system we have. Get to the Top 14 and everything is an option.

Bowl reps don't care who deserves what, they want their city flooded with fans to get them the most money.

Its nothing new. Happens in every business. Get the most money with the resources you have.

Win your conference and everything is good. Leave it in the hands of others and prepare to get screwed. 

The BCS hosed everybody
laugh.gif

We have a good matchup vs K-State though and they travel pretty well(used to travel to games with them in the Michael Bishop days
pimp.gif
)

System is definitely out the window pretty soon.

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

The BCS hosed everybody
laugh.gif

We have a good matchup vs K-State though and they travel pretty well(used to travel to games with them in the Michael Bishop days
pimp.gif
)

System is definitely out the window pretty soon.

You would hope so but with the amount of money on the table, they are going to have to wow the powers that be to even think of mucking it up. 

People been yelling since 98 and they have voted to keep it since.

[h1]QB Dayne Crist leaving Notre Dame[/h1]

By Matt Fortuna
ESPN.com
Archive

Notre Dame reserve quarterback Dayne Crist will not return to the Irish next season.

Crist, who started the last two season openers for Notre Dame, met with coach Brian Kelly on Friday to pursue his release from Notre Dame, the Chicago Tribune reported Sunday.

[h4]More on Notre Dame football[/h4]
87.gif
Everything Notre Dame football, from recruiting to news to game coverage, is available from ESPN.com's Matt Fortuna in his Notre Dame football blog.
• More: ESPN Chicago's college blog

"I was not surprised. Dayne's been professional all year. He's worked hard," Kelly said Sunday night during a teleconference to discuss Notre Dame's invite to the Champs Sports Bowl. "But he knew he wanted to continue to play, and he was going to get that opportunity probably somewhere else. It didn't surprise me. We want to do everything to help Dayne to make sure he gets that opportunity."

Kelly said he wasn't sure what Crist's role would be as the Irish get ready to face Florida State in the bowl game, which will be played Dec. 29 in Orlando, Fla.

"We've given him a release and he's going to have to pursue some of those things. Right now, it's pretty much up in the air. I've got to focus on the guys that are going to be here," Kelly said.

Crist is scheduled to graduate later this month and will have one year of eligibility remaining since he did not play his first year at Notre Dame. He can transfer to another school and play immediately so long as he enrolls in a graduate program that Notre Dame does not offer, per NCAA rules.

The rule has gained plenty of attention this season because of the success of quarterback Russell Wilson at Wisconsin. Wilson transferred from North Carolina State and led the Badgers to the Big Ten title Saturday night.

Bad breaks on and off the field were the hallmarks of Crist's tenure at Notre Dame.

The 6-foot-4, 235-pounder appeared in four games in 2009 before tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in an Oct. 31 game against Washington State. He won the starting job to begin 2010 before rupturing the patella tendon in his left knee last Oct. 30 against Tulsa. He then got an infection and watched Tommy Rees emerge as the starter to close the season, as Rees went 4-0.

Crist then beat Rees out for the job this past offseason before being benched after the Irish fell behind South Florida 16-0 by halftime in Week 1. Crist completed 7 of 15 passes for 95 yards and threw an interception in the half. Rees started the second half and has been the Irish's No. 1 quarterback in every game since.

"I came in here with Dayne. Great guy. Great leader," said Irish star receiver Michael Floyd. "Through all the stuff that went on in his career here, he still kept his head up high and stayed a good friend of me and a good teammate to everyone."

The most action Crist saw since then came Oct. 22 against USC, when, with the Irish trailing 17-10, he relieved an injured Rees on a third-quarter drive. Crist completed 4 of 5 passes for 36 yards and brought Notre Dame to the 1 but fumbled the snap on a third-and-goal play. The Trojans returned the fumble for a touchdown.

Rees, a sophomore, started the Irish's last 11 games before he was benched after a rough first half Nov. 26 at Stanford. There, fellow sophomore Andrew Hendrix came in and performed well, further clouding Notre Dame's quarterback picture moving forward.

Add in the fact that another touted recruit, freshman Everett Golson, has yet to take a snap this season, and the situation looked bleak for Crist.

Crist committed to the Irish as ESPNU's 22nd overall prospect and No. 2 quarterback after a successful career at Notre Dame High School in Sherman Oaks, Calif.

Crist completed more than 58 percent of his passes for 2,327 yards for the Irish, with 16 touchdowns and nine interceptions. He was 4-6 as a starter.

"You're never going to meet a better guy than Dayne," senior safety Harrison Smith said. "Getting to know him off the field and being friends with him off the field is something I'll always be happy that we got to do that. I hope he's successful wherever he ends up going."

Wait, SEC bias is why Montee Ball isn't going to win the Heisman????

What!?!

So SEC bias is going to cause RGIII or Andrew Luck to win the Heisman?

Texas A&M is crap just like Barry Switzer said a ways back.
Basically let one game decide to take the job off the table for sumlin LMAO. Go hire Mike Sherman back.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Wait, SEC bias is why Montee Ball isn't going to win the Heisman????

What!?!

So SEC bias is going to cause RGIII or Andrew Luck to win the Heisman?
I was about to say the same thing. Then I was going to also add that I suppose that is why Russell Wilson is behind the QBs.

* Although Colorado was the Big 12 champion, Nebraska technically earned the Big 12's automatic berth because it qualified for the national championship game.

%#!? How does this even make sense?

F the BcS
30t6p3b.gif

Marcus Forston has declared for the Draft. Ben Jones has as well (what the !%!#?
laugh.gif
)

Is Golden trying to get these kids out of there?

Doesn't Barkley decide today? If he does, I think he comes back. A NC shot & 1st pick next season.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Doesn't Barkley decide today? If he does, I think he comes back. A NC shot & 1st pick next season.

I'd go now, see if Indy trades down and then draft Barkley. Then again, I don't want to see him in the PAC-12 anymore. Dude is good.

Back
Top Bottom