2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

If the BE grabs BC and Maryland after these schools leave the ACC? The ACC is potentially in the worst position right now.

If the BE grabs BC and Maryland after these schools leave the ACC? The ACC is potentially in the worst position right now.

smart move by Mizzou even if u believe they will be dog @##+ in the SEC it was smart to jump on the chance to join the SEC and not get lefted out like they did with the big10

smart move by Mizzou even if u believe they will be dog @##+ in the SEC it was smart to jump on the chance to join the SEC and not get lefted out like they did with the big10

I was just reading something that said Slive wouldn't take Mizzou just because Delany deemed them not worthy of coming over to the Big 10

I was just reading something that said Slive wouldn't take Mizzou just because Delany deemed them not worthy of coming over to the Big 10

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Tradition & strength of
team are just as important as TV market in $ game. Nebraska doesn't make
sense in Big 10 as a TV market.

I understand that but there are schools that provide all of that. If they don't want to come in, then they went to FSU fine. But FSU and Clemson shouldn't have been first choices. FSU obviously makes more sense than Clemson.

I still stand by my statement Ga Tech makes more sense than either FSU or Clemson. Ga Tech was an original member of the SEC, has tradition, fanbase and brings in ATL. Of course they'd have to be willing to come back.

Despite being located there, GT is barely a blip in ATL compared to UGA. They already own that market.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Tradition & strength of
team are just as important as TV market in $ game. Nebraska doesn't make
sense in Big 10 as a TV market.

I understand that but there are schools that provide all of that. If they don't want to come in, then they went to FSU fine. But FSU and Clemson shouldn't have been first choices. FSU obviously makes more sense than Clemson.

I still stand by my statement Ga Tech makes more sense than either FSU or Clemson. Ga Tech was an original member of the SEC, has tradition, fanbase and brings in ATL. Of course they'd have to be willing to come back.

Despite being located there, GT is barely a blip in ATL compared to UGA. They already own that market.

darrenrovell darren rovell
Even though it adds another TV market, I think the Pac-10 adding Utah & Colorado was a mistake from a $ standpoint

Rovell is saying adding all these teams to the SEC and Pac-12 is not smart because there spliting money with more teams now. but i dont see the pac12 getting the TV deals they got with out adding Utah and Colorado and still having the chance to add more teams from the big12. the pac12 TV is open for renegotiation with expansion of more teams

MicheleSteele Michele Steele

The SEC has strong incentive to add teams -- its CBS contract is considered belowmarket for what should be richest deal in cfb

well didn't the SEC get there new deal before the big10 did there's and got there own network? everyone knows when they re-up it will be the biggest deal.

jay, Rovell also had some other good ones

@darrenrovell darren rovell
There would be a renegotiation of SEC deals w/expansion, but ESPN & CBS have to be protected in some way. Couldn't just reset whole deal.

Adding 4 teams to the SEC would not be smart. 15-year deals w/CBS & ESPN mean splitting more w/o new $ for a long time

darrenrovell darren rovell
Even though it adds another TV market, I think the Pac-10 adding Utah & Colorado was a mistake from a $ standpoint

Rovell is saying adding all these teams to the SEC and Pac-12 is not smart because there spliting money with more teams now. but i dont see the pac12 getting the TV deals they got with out adding Utah and Colorado and still having the chance to add more teams from the big12. the pac12 TV is open for renegotiation with expansion of more teams

MicheleSteele Michele Steele

The SEC has strong incentive to add teams -- its CBS contract is considered belowmarket for what should be richest deal in cfb

well didn't the SEC get there new deal before the big10 did there's and got there own network? everyone knows when they re-up it will be the biggest deal.

jay, Rovell also had some other good ones

There would be a renegotiation of SEC deals w/expansion, but ESPN & CBS have to be protected in some way. Couldn't just reset whole deal.

Adding 4 teams to the SEC would not be smart. 15-year deals w/CBS & ESPN mean splitting more w/o new $ for a long time

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

so now Mizzou, Clemson along with FSU rumored to Join?

these 16 team conferences just seems like overkill to me.

Agreed, just slide Arkansas into the east and drop Vanderbilt.

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

why do that? so you can finish 5-7 instead of 6-6 each season?

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

why do that? so you can finish 5-7 instead of 6-6 each season?

I just read that UF, VA, UGA, USC would work hard to keep FSU, Clemson, GT or Clemson out of the SEC. This whole thing is a mess.

I just read that UF, VA, UGA, USC would work hard to keep FSU, Clemson, GT or Clemson out of the SEC. This whole thing is a mess.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

they said the samething about Nebraksas going to the big10 and Utah and Colorado going to the pac-12. at the end of the day money talks. so they can @*!*@ all they want to know when it comes to the vote they will say yes

i just read vandy better join the ACC so they have a small chance of not always finishing in last place
laugh.gif

@GottliebShow Doug Gottlieb
Keep in mind, Pac 12/SEC/BIG 10 will not let Texas join w/ LSN-& UT is set to make $300 mil over 20yrs-that is why Dodds wants to keep Big12

Back
Top Bottom