2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Originally Posted by Statis22

Excuses like what?

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.a...amp;f=2246&t=7823808
EDIT:  My bad didn't realize it wasn't public...

Excuses?  Oh you know..

1. We're playing in Georgia

2. They got more tickets than we did

3. We will get no love even if we win ...

4. Just how big of an advantage UGA has.  Everyone wants to see us lose..

5. NCAA wants the big name teams to remain at the top...

All this blah blah blah !%%#.. 

Excuses like what?

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.a...amp;f=2246&t=7823808
EDIT:  My bad didn't realize it wasn't public...

Excuses?  Oh you know..

1. We're playing in Georgia

2. They got more tickets than we did

3. We will get no love even if we win ...

4. Just how big of an advantage UGA has.  Everyone wants to see us lose..

5. NCAA wants the big name teams to remain at the top...

All this blah blah blah !%%#.. 

Well I probably wouldn't look too much into it because they were pretty much saying the same stuff last year traveling to RFK and we all know how that turned out.

Well I probably wouldn't look too much into it because they were pretty much saying the same stuff last year traveling to RFK and we all know how that turned out.

Pretty sure the OP was being sarcastic...

How do you frequent those free scout messageboards?  That stuff is filled w/ the most delusional fans on the internet.

It's a homer's paradise.  Just a bunch of other homers.
laugh.gif

Pretty sure the OP was being sarcastic...

How do you frequent those free scout messageboards?  That stuff is filled w/ the most delusional fans on the internet.

It's a homer's paradise.  Just a bunch of other homers.
laugh.gif

That's why I like scout.

So is Wisconsin and unlv the official first game of the season?

That's why I like scout.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

No.  First game on ESPN, though.
2011 College Football Season officially kicks off at 6:00 with Louisville - Murray St. 

Originally Posted by zs05wc

No.  First game on ESPN, though.
2011 College Football Season officially kicks off at 6:00 with Louisville - Murray St. 

I didn't really venture onto Boise's messageboards before the game last year, I saw a few irrational posts last year though. However in person at the game I've never seen a nicer or more sensible fanbase than Boise's. It made it that much worse after we lost to them because you couldn't even really be mad at them because they were so nice.

BTW it's looking more and more like VT has a decent chance of moving to the SEC. It seems like VT is the main target as the 14th team and Frank and others are warming up to the idea a little more as of late.

Spoiler [+]
I've got a pretty good idea who Doug Doughty's source was yesterday. I had a
conversation with somebody "important" on the sidelines who is in a very real
position to know what is going on.

Frank's position on the SEC has softened. He's had some very frank conversations
about SEC recruiting and VT's ability to compete in the SEC with a staff member
who recently came from the SEC. Frank feels a lot more comfortable about VT's
outlook as an SEC team now.

There are other things effecting the situation as well. We'd been hearing a lot
about the Miami situation before the news broke but the situation was actually
worse than the rumors were. The ACC with a diminished UNC, Miami, GT and
possibly FSU doesn't have a lot of appeal. By the way, the NCAA is looking into
something relative to FSU that came up during the UNC investigation. The source
is not impeccable so it could very likely fizzle out.

Another thing not yet on the media's radar is Pac 12 expansion. A very close
friend of mine works in the Athletic Department at USC and he has told me that the
Pac 10 really wanted to go to 16 last year and they are currently making efforts to
get to 16. They could very easily take 3 even 4 teams from what remains of the
Big 12. Texas isn't going to want to stay in that conference with only 6 teams and
their best competition having moved to the Pac 16, the Big Ten or the SEC. If the
Pac 12 goes to 16, so will the SEC and the Big Ten. Where do you think those 2
conferences will get their new teams from? Don't be surprised to see the Big Ten
reach outside of their current geographic footprint to add teams. It's all about cable
and satellite TV deals and the most money is made by moving into new states.
Especially states with large populations!

I'll try and post an update later today. Things well outside of Blacksburg are
influencing this situation.
laugh.gif
@ "a staff member who recently came from the SEC." Obviously Shane Beamer. 

I didn't really venture onto Boise's messageboards before the game last year, I saw a few irrational posts last year though. However in person at the game I've never seen a nicer or more sensible fanbase than Boise's. It made it that much worse after we lost to them because you couldn't even really be mad at them because they were so nice.

BTW it's looking more and more like VT has a decent chance of moving to the SEC. It seems like VT is the main target as the 14th team and Frank and others are warming up to the idea a little more as of late.

Spoiler [+]
I've got a pretty good idea who Doug Doughty's source was yesterday. I had a
conversation with somebody "important" on the sidelines who is in a very real
position to know what is going on.

Frank's position on the SEC has softened. He's had some very frank conversations
about SEC recruiting and VT's ability to compete in the SEC with a staff member
who recently came from the SEC. Frank feels a lot more comfortable about VT's
outlook as an SEC team now.

There are other things effecting the situation as well. We'd been hearing a lot
about the Miami situation before the news broke but the situation was actually
worse than the rumors were. The ACC with a diminished UNC, Miami, GT and
possibly FSU doesn't have a lot of appeal. By the way, the NCAA is looking into
something relative to FSU that came up during the UNC investigation. The source
is not impeccable so it could very likely fizzle out.

Another thing not yet on the media's radar is Pac 12 expansion. A very close
friend of mine works in the Athletic Department at USC and he has told me that the
Pac 10 really wanted to go to 16 last year and they are currently making efforts to
get to 16. They could very easily take 3 even 4 teams from what remains of the
Big 12. Texas isn't going to want to stay in that conference with only 6 teams and
their best competition having moved to the Pac 16, the Big Ten or the SEC. If the
Pac 12 goes to 16, so will the SEC and the Big Ten. Where do you think those 2
conferences will get their new teams from? Don't be surprised to see the Big Ten
reach outside of their current geographic footprint to add teams. It's all about cable
and satellite TV deals and the most money is made by moving into new states.
Especially states with large populations!

I'll try and post an update later today. Things well outside of Blacksburg are
influencing this situation.
laugh.gif
@ "a staff member who recently came from the SEC." Obviously Shane Beamer. 

If the SEC adds VT and sticks to the "No new teams from states we already occupy" policy, who do they add?

You'd have to think the Big East and what's left of the ACC would try to align themselves together so they'd survive, but the Big XII has been rumored to have Pittsburgh on its short list... They want three of Pitt, ND, Arkansas and BYU to get back to 12... People swear Arkansas reached out through a third party last time around to gauge the Big XII's interest in them, but who knows.

If the SEC adds VT and sticks to the "No new teams from states we already occupy" policy, who do they add?

You'd have to think the Big East and what's left of the ACC would try to align themselves together so they'd survive, but the Big XII has been rumored to have Pittsburgh on its short list... They want three of Pitt, ND, Arkansas and BYU to get back to 12... People swear Arkansas reached out through a third party last time around to gauge the Big XII's interest in them, but who knows.

Sam, would UVa try and block Tech from moving to the SEC since I read that they had a big say in you guys coming to the ACC in 2004?

Sam, would UVa try and block Tech from moving to the SEC since I read that they had a big say in you guys coming to the ACC in 2004?

I'm not sure, I haven't seen that even mentioned in any discussions about us moving so I really doubt it. I think the bigger issue would be convincing all the powers that be at VT that the SEC move would be good for the university as a whole. Even as recently as 2-3 weeks ago a LOT of people in the know were saying that general sentiment wasn't very supportive of making a move. Since then it seems things have changed a lot; I have to think the developments at UNC and Miami were part of that. 

I'm not sure, I haven't seen that even mentioned in any discussions about us moving so I really doubt it. I think the bigger issue would be convincing all the powers that be at VT that the SEC move would be good for the university as a whole. Even as recently as 2-3 weeks ago a LOT of people in the know were saying that general sentiment wasn't very supportive of making a move. Since then it seems things have changed a lot; I have to think the developments at UNC and Miami were part of that. 

Back
Top Bottom