2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

A&M DBs aren't impressive at All.
They really didn't look that good tonight. Sherman's bringing in some pretty good looking DB recruits, so hopefully it'll get better. Coryell Judie has been trying to recover from a shoulder injury, so I'll give him a pass. Terrence Frederick looked really good last year, but he didn't play that well tonight. That kid can blow up a screen pass though, so he should be good against OU. Dustin Harris looked lost as usual. Harris has the potential to make big plays, but he's just a liability most of the time. Judie could end up being a first day pick if he heals, but that shoulder injury has been bothering him since he got here a couple of years ago.

The pass rush was a little disappointing without Damontre Moore out there. Caleb Russell didn't play too bad last year, especially if you consider that he was a walk-on last year. Tyrell Taylor is gonna be a player in a couple of years. He's only about 6'4", 190 right now, but once he gets some weight on him he could potentially be as good as Von was.

Tony Jerod-Eddie and Eddie Brown looked good tonight. The DL might miss TJE next year. He's another guy that I could see possibly getting a first day look in the right system.

Cyrus Gray and Christine Michael showed up again as usual. Tannehill is a damn good QB in Sherman's system. He's still got a bit of work to do, but he's a quality game manager.

I'm always happy with a 30+ win on opening day, so I don't have too many complaints about today's game. The defense definitely could have played better, though.
Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Texas A/M still rolling with Mike Sherman?  yikes.
eyes.gif
Seriously?
laugh.gif

I was all in on the Sherman hate early last year, but something popped into his head after the Missouri game and he all of a sudden started understanding college football. I like him a lot as our coach going forward as long as he keeps an open mind and continues to work on his weaknesses, like he did last year. We just need to replace a couple of the guys on the staff and flip around the recruiting responsibilities/territories a bit. We can't keep letting Randy Jordan go out to East Texas and try to recruit kids, but he's a pretty damn good RB coach.
Originally Posted by Statis22

That defense won't fly against the likes of Oklahoma State or Missouri.
I hate to make statements like this because they usually end up slapping me in the face...but are we gonna act like Oklahoma State's and Missouri's defenses will be able to stop TAMU enough for that to really matter? Last year's OSU/TAMU game was a matter of who made more mistakes, and the Missouri game was maybe the worst thing I've ever seen. I don't expect the same thing this year out of those two games.

A&M DBs aren't impressive at All.
They really didn't look that good tonight. Sherman's bringing in some pretty good looking DB recruits, so hopefully it'll get better. Coryell Judie has been trying to recover from a shoulder injury, so I'll give him a pass. Terrence Frederick looked really good last year, but he didn't play that well tonight. That kid can blow up a screen pass though, so he should be good against OU. Dustin Harris looked lost as usual. Harris has the potential to make big plays, but he's just a liability most of the time. Judie could end up being a first day pick if he heals, but that shoulder injury has been bothering him since he got here a couple of years ago.

The pass rush was a little disappointing without Damontre Moore out there. Caleb Russell didn't play too bad last year, especially if you consider that he was a walk-on last year. Tyrell Taylor is gonna be a player in a couple of years. He's only about 6'4", 190 right now, but once he gets some weight on him he could potentially be as good as Von was.

Tony Jerod-Eddie and Eddie Brown looked good tonight. The DL might miss TJE next year. He's another guy that I could see possibly getting a first day look in the right system.

Cyrus Gray and Christine Michael showed up again as usual. Tannehill is a damn good QB in Sherman's system. He's still got a bit of work to do, but he's a quality game manager.

I'm always happy with a 30+ win on opening day, so I don't have too many complaints about today's game. The defense definitely could have played better, though.
Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Texas A/M still rolling with Mike Sherman?  yikes.
eyes.gif
Seriously?
laugh.gif

I was all in on the Sherman hate early last year, but something popped into his head after the Missouri game and he all of a sudden started understanding college football. I like him a lot as our coach going forward as long as he keeps an open mind and continues to work on his weaknesses, like he did last year. We just need to replace a couple of the guys on the staff and flip around the recruiting responsibilities/territories a bit. We can't keep letting Randy Jordan go out to East Texas and try to recruit kids, but he's a pretty damn good RB coach.
Originally Posted by Statis22

That defense won't fly against the likes of Oklahoma State or Missouri.
I hate to make statements like this because they usually end up slapping me in the face...but are we gonna act like Oklahoma State's and Missouri's defenses will be able to stop TAMU enough for that to really matter? Last year's OSU/TAMU game was a matter of who made more mistakes, and the Missouri game was maybe the worst thing I've ever seen. I don't expect the same thing this year out of those two games.

1. Ryan Broyles/Kenny Stills
2a. G. Childs/Joe Adams
2b. Justin Hunter /Da'Rick Rogers
the 17th
pimp.gif

Can't wait to see them matched up against the Sunshine kids (UF & SOW) 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

1. Ryan Broyles/Kenny Stills
2a. G. Childs/Joe Adams
2b. Justin Hunter /Da'Rick Rogers
the 17th
pimp.gif

Can't wait to see them matched up against the Sunshine kids (UF & SOW) 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

They just need to get DeMontre back on the field and have him doing what Von did last year with Porter playing the drop backer... Caleb Russell looked terrible all night and he'll hardly play when Moore is suited out.

And they gotta stop playing zone with Dustin Harris and Stephen Campbell on the field... Judie, Frederick and Harris are all man corners. Almost every time they got burnt tonight they were in zone and got crossed up in their assignments.

They just need to get DeMontre back on the field and have him doing what Von did last year with Porter playing the drop backer... Caleb Russell looked terrible all night and he'll hardly play when Moore is suited out.

And they gotta stop playing zone with Dustin Harris and Stephen Campbell on the field... Judie, Frederick and Harris are all man corners. Almost every time they got burnt tonight they were in zone and got crossed up in their assignments.

The TAMU defense looked pretty good in the second half. That's probably more along the lines of what you'll see from them this year than the first half defense.

The TAMU defense looked pretty good in the second half. That's probably more along the lines of what you'll see from them this year than the first half defense.

Boise State & LSU by far.

Aggies will be okay, nothing that couldn't be fixed by the time they play the Pokes.

Boise State & LSU by far.

Aggies will be okay, nothing that couldn't be fixed by the time they play the Pokes.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I just said I think he needs to tone it back. Notre Dame isn't UC, CMU or Grand Valley State.  I'm just relaying info - people who matter in SB take issue w/ his actions.
even if true

as long as he wins nobody will care about his on field actions.
Correct.  If he wins none of this will matter in the end.  If he's gonna keep dropping games he has no business losing, it could be a different story.

The ppl who matter In SB had a chance to fire CBK off a kid dying on his watch. They didn't. They stood behind him and conjured up a silly excuse and report supporting him and his decision

now they're supposed to be upset at him yelling at players ...

okay.
It's not just the constant yelling at players.  It's the whole way he carries himself and represents the school.  There's a faction at ND that didn't like the fact he allowed the Declan Sullivan situation to go down and even more so the way he acted in the aftermath.  There are big time boosters who aren't in full support.

Damn near the whole side of my Mom's family is former Domers (some players). 

My high school is the biggest feeder to ND in the country.  17 kids in my graduating class went to ND.  I have buddies that played @ ND (some still there).

I have no reason to make this stuff up.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom