2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Originally Posted by Caerus

Big East is getting raided.

I'll stand behind that.
Like dude said above, their's people who are close to the NCAA that doesn't know #!$ us going on, but you act like you know everything 
roll.gif

As I said previously, you don't have to acknowledge or believe it. I'm pretty confident in what I put out there.

Son.. you said that Cincinnati was going to end up in the MWC or MAC? You're pretty comfortable with saying that? The ACC isn't in the position to basically kill the Big East, as you are suggesting. I've been keeping a close ear to all of the realignment talk and I've never seen the scenario you're suggesting. Did you get that from a homer OSU site?

Originally Posted by Caerus

Big East is getting raided.

I'll stand behind that.
Like dude said above, their's people who are close to the NCAA that doesn't know #!$ us going on, but you act like you know everything 
roll.gif

As I said previously, you don't have to acknowledge or believe it. I'm pretty confident in what I put out there.

Son.. you said that Cincinnati was going to end up in the MWC or MAC? You're pretty comfortable with saying that? The ACC isn't in the position to basically kill the Big East, as you are suggesting. I've been keeping a close ear to all of the realignment talk and I've never seen the scenario you're suggesting. Did you get that from a homer OSU site?

They are going to get that much, though. That's why the Big East is in much better position than the B12 right now.

If any modicum of realignment happens a bunch of the TV deals are gonna get reworked anyway, but I will eat my hat if the Big East with its current members get $25 mil each. I read that article Trelvis posted before and I COULD see them getting 15-18 mil just because the other networks will overpay out of desperation or drive the price up, but 25 is just unrealistic given how bad the football and viewership has been for that conference ever since Miami and VT left. What Big East program is even relevant or popular enough to anchor such a deal? Pitt? West Virginia? In the article the guy talks about the footprint spanning 30% of the population, but it's largely a footprint that favors college bball and pro sports over college football. Even though Syracuse and Rutgers are near the NYC market, they aren't a big TV draw. Notre Dame gets more support in that area than those teams do. Basketball will help some but football is way more lucrative as far as tv deals go and having 16 teams in bball will dilute the payout. This TV deal mess feels like the housing market bubble; there's no way they can sustain it and there's no way that a tv deal that large for the Big East will be a good return on investment unless they added Notre Dame.

Interesting story about ACC commissioner John Swofford being a douche back when Clemson was on probation. Not sure I really want this guy leading our conference after reading this (if true).

Spoiler [+]
What Comes Around, Goes Around for Swofford, UNC & Clemson
August 2, 2011 | 1:05 PM Comments: 1
By Chuck Oliver

This past spring I was asked to host a new series on CSS titled “After the Whistle,

They are going to get that much, though. That's why the Big East is in much better position than the B12 right now.

If any modicum of realignment happens a bunch of the TV deals are gonna get reworked anyway, but I will eat my hat if the Big East with its current members get $25 mil each. I read that article Trelvis posted before and I COULD see them getting 15-18 mil just because the other networks will overpay out of desperation or drive the price up, but 25 is just unrealistic given how bad the football and viewership has been for that conference ever since Miami and VT left. What Big East program is even relevant or popular enough to anchor such a deal? Pitt? West Virginia? In the article the guy talks about the footprint spanning 30% of the population, but it's largely a footprint that favors college bball and pro sports over college football. Even though Syracuse and Rutgers are near the NYC market, they aren't a big TV draw. Notre Dame gets more support in that area than those teams do. Basketball will help some but football is way more lucrative as far as tv deals go and having 16 teams in bball will dilute the payout. This TV deal mess feels like the housing market bubble; there's no way they can sustain it and there's no way that a tv deal that large for the Big East will be a good return on investment unless they added Notre Dame.

Interesting story about ACC commissioner John Swofford being a douche back when Clemson was on probation. Not sure I really want this guy leading our conference after reading this (if true).

Spoiler [+]
What Comes Around, Goes Around for Swofford, UNC & Clemson
August 2, 2011 | 1:05 PM Comments: 1
By Chuck Oliver

This past spring I was asked to host a new series on CSS titled “After the Whistle,

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Homer OSU site?
laugh.gif
 When it comes to OSU, even as a Buckeye, I'm not a homer with them. For the Cincy matter: If it happens the way I had outlined earlier, Cincy
 could be the only team remaining in the BE. In that case, I'd expect the MAC/MWC to make a pitch at them. The SEC is going to 16, sooner rather than later. The ACC will be the one sitting in a good position after all is said and done. 

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Homer OSU site?
laugh.gif
 When it comes to OSU, even as a Buckeye, I'm not a homer with them. For the Cincy matter: If it happens the way I had outlined earlier, Cincy
 could be the only team remaining in the BE. In that case, I'd expect the MAC/MWC to make a pitch at them. The SEC is going to 16, sooner rather than later. The ACC will be the one sitting in a good position after all is said and done. 

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

This MFer just switched to an Oklahoma avy?

been an OU fan since I was born been to Norman 5-6 times and went to the Fiesta last year, my dad went to school at OU all the way from New York, I went to Syracuse but I was in need of a new avy because Paul Harris is long past his Orange days...

I guess the timing is off because of the game this week, but better late than never...

If you check my past posts in the S&T forum you can see I am very involved with OU....

Boomer Sooner

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

This MFer just switched to an Oklahoma avy?

been an OU fan since I was born been to Norman 5-6 times and went to the Fiesta last year, my dad went to school at OU all the way from New York, I went to Syracuse but I was in need of a new avy because Paul Harris is long past his Orange days...

I guess the timing is off because of the game this week, but better late than never...

If you check my past posts in the S&T forum you can see I am very involved with OU....

Boomer Sooner

After going back and watching the Bama vs PSU game, Lacy should be getting more touches. Richardson won't be able to carry the load getting punished like that. They had a lot of blown assignments in their run blocking, allowing PSU to get in that backfield a bit more than they should have. Pass blocking, they're doing great. Of course, Bama played it a bit conservative on the road, but they could not run it between the tackles. I'm interested to see how they run the ball against us, last year their bread and butter was that stretch play and this year it doesn't look to change. I do know they'll have a much tougher time without Ingram, his cuts were nasty through the holes. They will need better run blocking from the middle of that OL. PSU stacked the box, but Bama still allowed too many untouched defenders. The game vs them can't get here soon enough!

Tonight, LSU will control the ball, MSU doesn't have the same physical defense manned by Diaz this year, big difference. They caught a lot of teams by suprise on the field.

Very intrigued by the OU/FSU game. I've watched FSU some this year and quite a bit last year, big improvements, but can they stop OU?

I'm taking Bray/Rogers/Hunter over UF by a TD - Bray is out there killing it.

Buckeyes roll vs Miami, but they must contain those RBs though, love the way they run the football.

Back
Top Bottom