2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

After going back and watching the Bama vs PSU game, Lacy should be getting more touches. Richardson won't be able to carry the load getting punished like that. They had a lot of blown assignments in their run blocking, allowing PSU to get in that backfield a bit more than they should have. Pass blocking, they're doing great. Of course, Bama played it a bit conservative on the road, but they could not run it between the tackles. I'm interested to see how they run the ball against us, last year their bread and butter was that stretch play and this year it doesn't look to change. I do know they'll have a much tougher time without Ingram, his cuts were nasty through the holes. They will need better run blocking from the middle of that OL. PSU stacked the box, but Bama still allowed too many untouched defenders. The game vs them can't get here soon enough!

Tonight, LSU will control the ball, MSU doesn't have the same physical defense manned by Diaz this year, big difference. They caught a lot of teams by suprise on the field.

Very intrigued by the OU/FSU game. I've watched FSU some this year and quite a bit last year, big improvements, but can they stop OU?

I'm taking Bray/Rogers/Hunter over UF by a TD - Bray is out there killing it.

Buckeyes roll vs Miami, but they must contain those RBs though, love the way they run the football.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Me and a friend I work with have started doing short college football podcasts for ESPNDallas.com. If you are interested in any of these teams, check em out...

TCU
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=6973348&s=espn

Oklahoma
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=6973515

Texas Tech
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=6973358

Baylor
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=6973344&s=espn

Oklahoma State
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=6973345&s=espn

pluggin in on the drive home and about to listen.

Me and a friend I work with have started doing short college football podcasts for ESPNDallas.com. If you are interested in any of these teams, check em out...

TCU

Oklahoma

Texas Tech

Baylor

Oklahoma State

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

After going back and watching the Bama vs PSU game, Lacy should be getting more touches. Richardson won't be able to carry the load getting punished like that. They had a lot of blown assignments in their run blocking, allowing PSU to get in that backfield a bit more than they should have. Pass blocking, they're doing great. Of course, Bama played it a bit conservative on the road, but they could not run it between the tackles. I'm interested to see how they run the ball against us, last year their bread and butter was that stretch play and this year it doesn't look to change. I do know they'll have a much tougher time without Ingram, his cuts were nasty through the holes. They will need better run blocking from the middle of that OL. PSU stacked the box, but Bama still allowed too many untouched defenders. The game vs them can't get here soon enough!

Tonight, LSU will control the ball, MSU doesn't have the same physical defense manned by Diaz this year, big difference. They caught a lot of teams by suprise on the field.

Very intrigued by the OU/FSU game. I've watched FSU some this year and quite a bit last year, big improvements, but can they stop OU?

Buckeyes roll vs Miami, but they must contain those RBs though, love the way they run the football.
Haven't followed them that much since last year's game but what improvements? I understand they got to learn Mark Stoops' D scheme better but, is Manuel an improvement over Ponder? Some of you guys were saying Ponder may be a Heisman candidate...is EJ that good? He has put up stats against some poor quality opponents early on...

I am interested to see if FSU plays into their hype coming into this game or if they are really that talanted...

As far as OU comes, limit the turnovers and momentum....we need Big 3rd Down conversions and we can't kill a drive with a turnover...

We need to put pressure on EJ and make him uncomfortable in the pocket he is widely inaccurate and has bad accuracy on timing routes...if our D Line can put pressure on him with a standard front 4 because of their inexperience O-Line, it will be a long day for FSU...otherwise look for blitzes from Tony Jefferson and Corey Nelson

Also lots of talk coming that Roy Finch will be used heavily, he is a 5'8" running back who is very shifty and very fast who can change the pace of the game...if fsu doubles Broyles because he dominated Reid last year look for a BIG game from Kenny Stills, with a quick offense OU got mismatches with a small Reid verse a Taller DeJuan Miller last year and he played very well

Haven't followed them that much since last year's game but what improvements? I understand they got to learn Mark Stoops' D scheme better but, is Manuel an improvement over Ponder? Some of you guys were saying Ponder may be a Heisman candidate...is EJ that good? He has put up stats against some poor quality opponents early on...

I am interested to see if FSU plays into their hype coming into this game or if they are really that talanted...

As far as OU comes, limit the turnovers and momentum....we need Big 3rd Down conversions and we can't kill a drive with a turnover...

We need to put pressure on EJ and make him uncomfortable in the pocket he is widely inaccurate and has bad accuracy on timing routes...if our D Line can put pressure on him with a standard front 4 because of their inexperience O-Line, it will be a long day for FSU...otherwise look for blitzes from Tony Jefferson and Corey Nelson

Also lots of talk coming that Roy Finch will be used heavily, he is a 5'8" running back who is very shifty and very fast who can change the pace of the game...if fsu doubles Broyles because he dominated Reid last year look for a BIG game from Kenny Stills, with a quick offense OU got mismatches with a small Reid verse a Taller DeJuan Miller last year and he played very well

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

FSU had a lot of inexperience last year, leading to some inconsistencies. A year later, you expect them to build on the successes they had last season. Most of their skill positions return, really like the potential of that offense with EJ, he's looked pretty good. Rodney Smith has impressed this year, looking forward to watching him+ Manuel vs the OU pass D. Granted that FSU hasn't been tested much this year, that coaching staff has managed those players well since they've been there. One of the hottest teams at the end of the season last year, wasn't as if Manuel didn't see any action last year for Ponder. I give OU the upperhand of course, but I don't think it'll be a walk in the park for Boomer.

FSU had a lot of inexperience last year, leading to some inconsistencies. A year later, you expect them to build on the successes they had last season. Most of their skill positions return, really like the potential of that offense with EJ, he's looked pretty good. Rodney Smith has impressed this year, looking forward to watching him+ Manuel vs the OU pass D. Granted that FSU hasn't been tested much this year, that coaching staff has managed those players well since they've been there. One of the hottest teams at the end of the season last year, wasn't as if Manuel didn't see any action last year for Ponder. I give OU the upperhand of course, but I don't think it'll be a walk in the park for Boomer.

I think Broyles one on one against any DB in the country is a mismatch.

If FSU gets caught in the wrong defensive scheme like last year on some offensive series, look for OU to run it 5-6 times in a row. We did that last time and we scored on 7 plays with 6 runs and then a TD pass

One thing for OU fans concern is the wheel route in regards to Javon Harris, he got beat twice in the opener for big plays against Tulsa...hopefully he can position himself right or when Travis Lewis comes back, Tony Jefferson will move to SS and Corey Nelson, Travis, and Wort will be the starting the LBs...

Granted OU had two weeks to prepare I like our chances.

I just hope that the crowd gets taken out early and fsu doesn't play above their heads because of the media this week.

I think Broyles one on one against any DB in the country is a mismatch.

If FSU gets caught in the wrong defensive scheme like last year on some offensive series, look for OU to run it 5-6 times in a row. We did that last time and we scored on 7 plays with 6 runs and then a TD pass

One thing for OU fans concern is the wheel route in regards to Javon Harris, he got beat twice in the opener for big plays against Tulsa...hopefully he can position himself right or when Travis Lewis comes back, Tony Jefferson will move to SS and Corey Nelson, Travis, and Wort will be the starting the LBs...

Granted OU had two weeks to prepare I like our chances.

I just hope that the crowd gets taken out early and fsu doesn't play above their heads because of the media this week.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

This MFer just switched to an Oklahoma avy?

been an OU fan since I was born been to Norman 5-6 times and went to the Fiesta last year, my dad went to school at OU all the way from New York, I went to Syracuse but I was in need of a new avy because Paul Harris is long past his Orange days...

I guess the timing is off because of the game this week, but better late than never...

If you check my past posts in the S&T forum you can see I am very involved with OU....

Boomer Sooner
Riiiight.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

This MFer just switched to an Oklahoma avy?

been an OU fan since I was born been to Norman 5-6 times and went to the Fiesta last year, my dad went to school at OU all the way from New York, I went to Syracuse but I was in need of a new avy because Paul Harris is long past his Orange days...

I guess the timing is off because of the game this week, but better late than never...

If you check my past posts in the S&T forum you can see I am very involved with OU....

Boomer Sooner
Riiiight.

FSU couldn't even line up in base last year vs OU moreso than getting caught in the wrong defensive scheme. Not really worried about getting caught out of position w/ the frequency they did last year.

FSU couldn't even line up in base last year vs OU moreso than getting caught in the wrong defensive scheme. Not really worried about getting caught out of position w/ the frequency they did last year.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

No Ej is not that good.

Eh, he has the potential to make plays outside the pocket though. He didn't look bad vs South Carolina and managed the game well within their scheme I thought (with the plays they allowed him to run). OU has to respect that on the ends, while keeping their zones plugged for a rush up the middle. Venables isn't going to go easy on Manuel, that we are all sure of, but this is a true road test for OU and they haven't been that great on the road in recent years

No Ej is not that good.

Eh, he has the potential to make plays outside the pocket though. He didn't look bad vs South Carolina and managed the game well within their scheme I thought (with the plays they allowed him to run). OU has to respect that on the ends, while keeping their zones plugged for a rush up the middle. Venables isn't going to go easy on Manuel, that we are all sure of, but this is a true road test for OU and they haven't been that great on the road in recent years

No Ej is not that good.

Hopefully we solved our road woes at the end of the season winning at Baylor, at OSU, neutral verse Nebraska and neutral vs Uconn...one thing about OU this year is that there defensive ends are fast, with ronnell lewis and frank alexander so if need be they can chase EJ...

No Ej is not that good.

Hopefully we solved our road woes at the end of the season winning at Baylor, at OSU, neutral verse Nebraska and neutral vs Uconn...one thing about OU this year is that there defensive ends are fast, with ronnell lewis and frank alexander so if need be they can chase EJ...

I've seen some FSU fans talking about rushing the field if they beat OU. Would that be warranted? I understand they're a slight underdog but would it be that big of an upset to generate those actions or could it be a result of all the hype surrounding the game? 

I've seen some FSU fans talking about rushing the field if they beat OU. Would that be warranted? I understand they're a slight underdog but would it be that big of an upset to generate those actions or could it be a result of all the hype surrounding the game? 

TCU

Oklahoma

Texas Tech

Baylor

Oklahoma State

Thanks. This is our second week. We both did TCU and I did Baylor and OK State. My friend did Tech and OU. We had guest from the specific schools to talk about the games and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom